Level 2408 has bottles that are not appearing on the screen

Options
MrKizart
MrKizart Posts: 118 Level 3
edited April 2021 in Discussions

I want to have a serious discussion about your programming and how the game can be set against the player at times to increase the amount of revenue coming to you.

This has happened to me numerous times before but not as much as it has happened on Level 2408 where there are bottles to explode that ARE NOT appearing on the screen regularly and thus, you’re required to spend money for extra moves or items to destroy more pieces off the board without using your move count.

So this time instead of buying my way out I decided to play the game as I did before and it’s impossible to pass that level without specialty items or extra moves bought. It’s designed to only be beat if we buy more from you and I find that gross.

Please do not reply back with an example of one kid in the middle of nowhere passing it with flying colors- look at that level and ask other players if they find this aspect to be true and I’m positive the answer will be YES.

I really want someone from King to respond to this because I’m seeing scenarios like this A LOT now and it’s incredibly upsetting.

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,751 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hello and welcome

I would like to help you and I know exactly how you feel. So I'll give you the 3 moderators and maybe you could tag players to discuss this.

@Yosca @Origins7_Dale @Nix66

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Calamity_Coyote
    Calamity_Coyote Posts: 115 Level 3
    Options

Well, I'm not some kid from nowhere but I just played the level again and completed with 8 moves remaining. On this particular level, you have to find the pattern of how the bottles are generated. Where they will be coming from and what you need to do to get them to appear.

Like many others, I have never paid a dime on this game. I log in daily and watch videos for boosters. I often bank up these boosters for difficult levels. Sometimes I have used gold bars for extra moves which I earned for free. Again, I have not paid any money on this game.

I am currently on level 3349. Some levels I have spent days or even weeks on trying to pass them. You just have to press on or put the game down for a while.

• MrKizart
    MrKizart Posts: 118 Level 3
    edited April 2021
    Options

I brought this issue up not because I believed there weren’t people who could pass the level but because the existence of them doesn’t remove the very strong possibility that this problem exists.

IGNORING THAT I’VE ALREADY MADE THAT POINT IN MY ORIGINAL POST BY THEN REPLYING BACK TO ME WITH YOUR “I don’t spend a dime.” narratives is counterproductive and shows me how much you’re not listening to what I’m saying, just cherry picking my argument so you can win it.

Why? Am I defaming King Games that much that you feel the need to protect them? @Calamity_Coyote @Nix66 Am I not behaving the way you would and thus, you feel the need to tell me that I should? I was very specific in what I asked for and it wasn’t your dismissive comments.

I have a legitimate concern that I don’t need policed by you. I don’t need to be educated or taught a lesson, something that you both felt the need to do to me simply because you disagreed.

I wanted to speak to a member on the team, not other members who feel the need to throw their weight around.

I’m looking forward to your reply where instead of apologizing, you go to exhaustive lengths to shut me up over something that doesn’t hurt or involve you.

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @MrKizart @Spinnifix @Calamity_Coyote @Nix66 @Yosca @LadyRaffie,

I was tagged on this from this thread:

So either the thread has been closed or merged to this one.

Ok, first let me say, I do understand what you are referring too. For the simple reason, it is true. The issue is about a or more *King Programmers putting into the level, or designing the level, so the last *Bottle will not drop, unless you use your last move. Only then will the *Bottle you need drop, forcing you to do one of two things, either lose your *Rainbow Bottle Streak, or *Buy 5 Moves for 10 Gold Bars, in order to keep it.

I know this for 2 reasons.

In the past many years ago, I did about 300 Popsicle Hammers on (BGH) Bubblegum hill. Had another *Soda / Bottle Drop Level. Out of curiosity, & before I knew it, I had hit *All 8 Bottle Drop Icon Spots over 100x, the *Last Bottle wouldn't drop. Only when I used my last move, did it drop at that precise moment, again forcing me to buy *5 moves for 10 Gold Bars, in order to save my *Rainbow Bottle Streak!

Recently, on 4/16/2021, *45 New Levels Release Day for *Soda, it happened again. On *Soda Level 6761. *I used many Popsicle Hammers including Striped Hammers, on the *Bottle Drop Icon Spots, but last bottle wouldn't drop. Only when I used my last move did it drop at that precise moment, forcing me to again *Buy 5 Moves for 10 Gold Bars, in order to save my *Rainbow Bottle Streak!

I cannot speak for *Level 2408, because I haven't replayed it yet, but from past & recent experience, I certainly don't doubt that @MrKizart was forced into the same situation.

A very unpleasant thing, to find out, that *Levels have been *Manipulated for only one purpose, to increase *Revenue. Certainly nothing new about this. There have been unscrupulous people in companies, in order to get promotions, meet quotas, or whatever unjustifiable reason they may come up with. However, this opens the door to *Fraud, something that no company wants. To say it can't happen here, is being naive.

In a *Lockdown Virus World, even more so. People get sick, so companies have to replace them, if the workforce falls below the min. needed to keep the company producing, then hiring criteria can drop, allowing some in, or getting in very easily.

Regardless of how they got in, it has happened, & it is *Verifiable. Also, because the programmer has access to the game, it can be recoded to be beaten or not beaten, on the whim of the designer. So just because you got by it, doesn't mean the next player will.

So my apologies first to @MrKizart, that it happened to you. I will report this to our *Soda (CM) Community Manager @LadyRaffie. This is all I can do, at this time. She has a concern for the players here, & has showed it in the past by *Compensation. I cannot speak on what will be done on this issue, until or if I am even notified of it. But believe, it will be in very capable hands.

Thx For Your Report - Origins7 Dale, 😀

4/19/2021

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,064 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi @MrKizart @Origins7_Dale @Nix66 First let me say, there is no need to shout @MrKizart . My first meeting here in the Community with you was nice, but I see along the way that you are increasingly critical. Criticism is fine, but do it the right way. We are all volunteers and players like you. This Community is here for to help other players, like you and me 😊.

That is said, and I replayed level 2408. The last bottle felt down so I didn’t have a problem with it @Origins7_Dale . But I did notice the bottles don’t drop one after the other.

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @MrKizart

I will answer some of the topics you have raised.

• how the game can be set against the player at times to increase the amount of revenue coming to you.

Soda, as all King games are free games. But bear in mind, this game specifically has more than 100 people working on it and trying to make it fun, engaging, and challenging, as well as there is also, staff like myself providing support and help. And we have salaries that must be paid. There are players like yourself or like some of the others that answered you that never paid anything and no one will ever force you to do so. But there are many other players that pay for having special things( boosters, moves, etc). And thanks to the latter is that we keep providing you this game, which we wouldn't be able otherwise.

• So this time instead of buying my way out I decided to play the game as I did before and it’s impossible to pass that level without specialty items or extra moves bought

Levels are tweaked every week, making them easier or harder to pass depending on the metrics the Studio sees from all the players across the world that plays the game. As other players have stated, the level that seems to be for you so difficult, it isn't for others.

I think this answers pretty much all your questions.

To end, I would like to say this:

• Stay respectful to Studio and to other players that freely are trying to help you here. There's a team behind the Studio, people like yourself, treat them nicely, please. They are trying to make the game the most enjoyable for you.
    • The use of capital letters in forums means you are shouting. Which brings me back to the point: Stay respectful

I encourage you to follow our House Rules(you can check them out here)

• lacie
    lacie Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I agree with @MrKizart

the reason I am even on the forum is to see if anyone can tell me the secret to getting the bottles to appear. I’ve tried everything. Is the only way to make them appear to keep the board free of licorice? Any hints from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?