Disappearing Players?

CatownerPeter
CatownerPeter Posts: 21 Level 2

As I am playing Soda Saga in the 3400+ levels, there were two other players who had rankings in these levels besides myself. One of these was a player named Carol. Today I came on to play, and all of her scores for nearby levels have disappeared! Now there are only scores listed for myself and one other player. What happened to Carol? Are your scores deleted after a period of inactivity? It has always seemed odd to me that when I ran out of moves for a level I would get a statement such as "34000 other players added additional moves for this level" when only a very few scores were listed on the leaderboard. What are the criteria for deleting scores, and how does one prevent this from happening to one's own scores?

Thanks,

Catowner Peter

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,689 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to our friendly community

The players are chosen at random and brought into your game. You don't always have to see the same player. That’s up to the studio. It is the same with the events. It can always be changed. I hope it helps!

Have fun

• CatownerPeter

So if I understand your post, it seems we only see a very few of the many thousands of scores for levels we've played. Very interesting! I wonder why the algorithm is only showing me the scores for one other player (unlike lower levels where there were a full list of players shown).In any case, that means I shouldn't be too impressed with myself when I have achieved a "top score", since there must be many others I don't see who have done better...

Thank you much for your reply.

Catowner Peter

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,689 Sweet Legend

Hello!

To explain it to you even better, I am happy to give you the moderators. I hope this could help you too!

@Yosca @Origins7_Dale @Nix66

• Origins7_Dale
    Origins7_Dale Posts: 3,551 Pro Player 👑

Hi @CatownerPeter @Spinnifix @Yosca @Nix66 thx for tag,

On *Adding Friends or getting *Lives, please send players to *URL below please.

Briefly, game servers run hot, due to all the requests they get, so *Databases can become corrupted very easily. Anytime you lose a *List of Friends, Scores, etc... that were a record on your game, means something something happened on the server end, in most cases, assuming your end is set up correctly, & functioning.

So need to *Rebuild your List. I explain *How, below for you.

• *Page 2 has the info on adding friends thru *Facebook! There is a little more info here on adding *Friends thru *King.com!
    • *Page 4 has the info on adding friends thru *King.com, done by @DieOmimi!

The instructions above will work on both *Soda & Saga. Should work on any game here, just need either the *Email of the player or *Facebook Icon of the *King Game you play!

Exchange *Emails by *PM, please!

Trust this helps.

Thx For Posting & Welcome To The King Community - Origins7 Dale, 😀

5/27/2021

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,431 Friends Moderator

Hi @CatownerPeter I'm in the last third of the card at many games (Candy Crush 9000+, Soda 6700+) and don't play via Facebook, only in the mobile app. I haven't had any players in the leaderboards for a long time and I'm always alone. Over time, you get used to it. 

There used to be other names in my player lists. I think a lot of them have given up because the levels are getting harder and harder. Both I and other players don't want to spend real money. But I have a lot of patience and play a level 30 or 50 times to pass it. But many players don't have patience and give up. At some point, they will also disappear from the databases of the game providers and thus also from your list. 

Sometimes it happens to add the new players. This is at least rare for me. You can also add your friends yourself. See @Origins7_Dale post.  

• CatownerPeter

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my query. This gives me a much clearer understanding of what is going on in the game. I am very impressed with your accomplishments.

Catowner Peter

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?