What's wrong with the double fish rainbow streak reward?

featherzoo
featherzoo Posts: 10 Level 2

My rainbow streaks don't include double fish anymore! I tried to report this through the game a few weeks ago and never got a reply. Now I can't even find the 'contact us' link the game used to have. I did delete and re-install to make sure I have the latest version and restarted my computer, but it's still the same problem. Each rainbow streak level shows the double fish symbol in the bottle and the fish swim across the screen as the game loads. The fish used to double when that happened, but they don't! I've managed to get through all 5 levels of rainbow on days when I had double fish from a daily or bonus reward and can confirm that the fish are not actually awarded at any level via the rainbow streak.

Best Answer

• Nix66
    Nix66 Posts: 19,877 Sweet Legend
    Answer βœ“

Hi @featherzoo and welcome to our Sodalicious Community!

The Double Delish Fish is working fine in my game. πŸ€—

There still is the Contact Us button at the bottom of many pages within the Help Center. Select a subject and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

In the meantime I suggest you do thisπŸ‘‡

Check for any updates for your device and game app and install if there are any / Log out of your game after saving your progress / Clear the cache from your App Store or browser (history and cookies only not data) / Power off your device and leave off at least 10 seconds / Power back on / Log back into your game.

Ensure you have enough free memory storage. King Recommends 2 GB free for your device to run smoothly. Without this amount of free memory storage King can not guarantee that your Soda game will operate smoothly.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2021

Hello @featherzoo and welcome to Soda community πŸ˜€

As far as I know rainbow streak always put one single fish on the board together with the other boosters. Only the pre-game fish booster has the ability to double fish when the player creates and frees them.

But I don't exclude you might have had a different version of rainbow streak before, not all players have the same events. The Game Studio does tweak features from time to time to test them (more info here). Since it's done on purpose this is not something Player Support can restore.

I'm sorry you had to reinstall the app

• featherzoo

Thanks to both of you. I did re-install again, which didn't change anything, but I did start noticing that the fish that comes out of the rainbow bottle in a new game is just a single fish now. I puts a fish on the board for me but doesn't double anything. Up until recently it was the two fish swimming across the screen that came from the bottle, doubling fish for the whole game. So that's just the way it is now? :-(πŸ˜ͺ The hard levels are SO much harder now and I hate the weekly contests and episode races showing everyone else moving so fast! 😣

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2021

@featherzoo double delish fish is not part of rainbow streak but it is the name of the pre-game booster πŸ™‚. The 2 fish swimming across has always been the animation that signals the pre-game booster was selected, rainbow streak or not.πŸ™‚ So you haven't lost the ability of multiplying your fish, you just have to select the double delish fish booster before clicking play, moving forward. You'll still have your rainbow streak boosters plus all the fish getting doubled.

Personally I always wait to earn the timed version of double fish booster from Soda team chests or daily boosters because it is very essential in beating hard levels, I so agree on that πŸ˜…

Good luck πŸ™‚

• featherzoo

I understand what you're saying, but I swear that until recently the double fish had always been part of the rainbow streak! I can't explain it. I did notice that after my first re-install, bubblegum hill appeared on my home screen, then vanished the next day when I re-installed again after clearing my browser cache. And my soda friends list was populated again and remains that way. I'm once again being regularly asked to send lives and having names appear when I ask for lives. I've got a good soda team for sharing lives but 'friends' are nice, too;-)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?