Got social hub, now all my random friends are gone and my list is empty!

Options
troiade
troiade Posts: 19 Level 2

I really enjoy the game and have been playing it for years. I made the mistake of clicking on the new “social“ icon that I noticed on the map page. I used to have many random (unknown to me) friends on the list of people to send and receive lives from when you are out. Now they are all gone! The only way to get new friends now is to send invites to your own Facebook friends or via texts to people in your contacts on your phone. None of whom play the game. So now you have to send an invite code to people and that person will enter it and you’ll get a request from them. I have no one to share my code with! HOW CAN I GET MY FRIENDS BACK?

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @troiade and welcome to Soda community

Blank friends list is known to happen when the game switches to Social Hub. Unfortunately previous friends from the Kingdom can't be restored.

However you won't be isolated for long, don't worry. Here are a few tips on how to add friends:

1 - you can add your own friends and family with the code, yes . But you can also visit our community and look for other members who are active players and wish to grow their friends list like you. Here's a thread. Feel free to tag them using the @ symbol plus their username or clicking "quote" under their comment to share/ask for the code. Many community players are eager to share their codes 😁

2 - you can add new random players from the Kingdom through any event that shows their avatars. click over players' avatars/pictures. A purple panel will appear and you'll be able to send a friendship request by clicking "add friend". After that, you'll read "friend request pending" until the other player accepts your request. You can see your request has been accepted when you see your new friend in your friends list of social hub.

Good thing is this you can add new players from events like soda team, episode race, "4 in a row", weekly contest and usually there's a great turnover of random players to send requests to (soda team excluded of couse).

Many random players will accept your requests over time, don't worry (I've added around 90 new random players this way) and those who won't accept it, either they don't have Social Hub yet or they aren't very active Soda players 🙂

Good Luck

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @troiade and welcome to Soda community

Blank friends list is known to happen when the game switches to Social Hub. Unfortunately previous friends from the Kingdom can't be restored.

However you won't be isolated for long, don't worry. Here are a few tips on how to add friends:

1 - you can add your own friends and family with the code, yes . But you can also visit our community and look for other members who are active players and wish to grow their friends list like you. Here's a thread. Feel free to tag them using the @ symbol plus their username or clicking "quote" under their comment to share/ask for the code. Many community players are eager to share their codes 😁

2 - you can add new random players from the Kingdom through any event that shows their avatars. click over players' avatars/pictures. A purple panel will appear and you'll be able to send a friendship request by clicking "add friend". After that, you'll read "friend request pending" until the other player accepts your request. You can see your request has been accepted when you see your new friend in your friends list of social hub.

Good thing is this you can add new players from events like soda team, episode race, "4 in a row", weekly contest and usually there's a great turnover of random players to send requests to (soda team excluded of couse).

Many random players will accept your requests over time, don't worry (I've added around 90 new random players this way) and those who won't accept it, either they don't have Social Hub yet or they aren't very active Soda players 🙂

Good Luck

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

@troiade I forgot to add this: if you enter the code of a player or your code is entered by a player both of you become immediately friends. there's no waiting time as it happens with adding random players through events.

if you get added by someone and you wish to remove them from your list you can also do this.

Visit Social Hub list, find their avatar, click the button with the 3 dots and click "remove"

I wish you all the best in growing your list again and feel free to ask if you need more info 😄

• troiade
    troiade Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options

How do I reply to you without adding it as a discussion?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?