The game asks me to transfer my Fb account to a Kingdom Account

Options
LadyRaffie
LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
edited February 2022 in Support

Hello Soda Crushers!

You might have seen recently this pop up on your devices 👇

We are moving away from the Facebook Login and want to transfer your levels and achievements to a new King account.

Similar to Facebook, King account will allow you to experience the same level of social gaming, send and receive help, save and synchronize your progress across all the devices that you use to play.

Right now, you can skip this process but in the future, you’ll no longer be able to use Facebook to sign in and synchronize your progress across devices. For this reason, we encourage you to follow the step-by-step flow and complete transfer your progress and achievements to King. We want to make sure that your progress is safely backed up and that you can enjoy the full game experience.

If you experience any issues, please let us know!

Comments

• JJFish
    JJFish Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options

How do I transfer my Facebook progress to my existing King.com account?

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,117 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Community @JJFish Follow the steps to sync King and Facebook account:

• Go to this page: https://king.com/games (do this on laptop/PC, it doesn’t work on mobile!)
    • In the top-right corner, click "Log in" (If you are already logged in, it will say "Settings", in which case skip the next two steps)
    • In the top-right corner, click "Settings"
    • Choose the option "Account", then down at the bottom select "Score and progression sync"
    • Select "Sync progress" and you will be asked to log in to your Facebook account.

And that's it! Your progress will be synced across both your King and Facebook accounts.

Please note: your progress and Gold Bars will be synced across all accounts and all signed-in devices, but other items like Boosters are stored on your device and are not synced. 

• corals22
    corals22 Posts: 41 Level 2
    Options

Hello, today I was informed within the game that I am supposed to transfer my account from FB to King if I want to keep my progress. I followed the link and was taken to my e-mail address and a computer-generated password. When i clicked Save it informed me that a user with that e-mail already exists (of course it exists, it's me). So I tried to change the password into my password for the King, but nothing happened. Therefore, I haven't been able to switch accounts from FB to King. I am currently playing level 4003 and I have no desire in starting again from scratch. Is there any other way I can switch accounts and keep my progress? Thank you.

P.S. I play it on a Win 10 computer in the app.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @corals22 a welcome to Soda community 🙂

Sorry to hear about this. Thankfully players sync the progress between King and Facebook account with an alternative way.

To do this, please use your laptop/pc and visit king.com and go to section "games" on your left. Then create or log in to your King account.

Then follow these steps and sync the 2 accounts. Afterwards you should be able to open your w10 app and log in to your King account and not Facebook account, find all your progress and keep playing events without restrictions.

• DebW17
    DebW17 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

From the instructions on the kingcare.zendesk site it seems that to save games I log into my king account. Then it says "Once your King Account has been created you are free to go ahead and open your game on your mobile phone or on Windows. All you have to do is log on to those platforms using the same credentials you used for your King Account."

I have had a king.com account for years, so the games are already saved there but 'just go ahead and log in' isn't helpful. How? I don't want to use FB so how do I access the games? Do I have to download each game that I play separately? I tried asking this on the general forum and was given a spreadsheet and told to use the support for each game. I'm hoping someone here can help without my having to post on each game individually, though as I have played quite a few different ones.

It's looking easier just to abandon the whole thing and not bother.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @DebW17 and welcome to Soda community

If you have a king account (email+ password) then no access to facebook is needed.

If you play several king games, you can download each game app and log in to the same King account and save your game progresses with the same King account.

If you used to play different king games on king.com, you should be able to resume your game right where you left off after you download the specific game app and log in to the same King account you used.

This being said, I'm not sure I understand what's wrong

I have had a king.com account for years, so the games are already saved there but 'just go ahead and log in' isn't helpful.

What do you mean? You have a King account but you can't log in ? Do you see an error message? What does it say?

What happened since you can't have access to your games anymore?

Thank you

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Or did you use a Facebook account before and now you wish to switch to a King account without losing your progress in each game?

• DebW17
    Options

I've never played the game on facebook, always through king.com. As per the heading I am having trouble migrating my games to the new system without using FB in the future.

The instructions on how to do this say to save them in king.com, which I guess is already done. Then it says 'go ahead and open your game on your mobile phone or on Windows. All you have to do is log on to those platforms using the same credentials you used for your King Account' I can't see how to open the games in windows or how to log on through windows - do I have to download each one separately e.g. from google play?

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes @DebW17

If you play on an Android mobile, you open Google Play Store app and then search for whatever game you'd like to install and play. Then you log in to your King account and you should be at the same spot you were when you played on king.com on your laptop.

If you play on Windows 10, you open Microsoft Store and search for the game app to install. As usual, you log in to your King account. In microsoft store you find less game apps than in google play store, unfortunately, because not all Game Studios released their games as w10 app.

So yes, depending on the device you use, there's a specific app store from which you download each game app.

Does this help? 🙂

• DebW17
    Options

I use a desktop with windows 10. I don't need to synchronise different devices, I just play on one device.

Sorry but I'm still not sure what you mean when you say I need the app but still log into the king account. I thought that was closing? If not can't I continue to just log in and play there?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?