Internet

Options
amwsmith
amwsmith Posts: 4 Newbie

Why does the game keep saying I not connected to the internet. I don’t have this issue with any other game. Candy Crush Soda. I play levels but I get no rewards. Nothing. Can’t ask friends for lives. This has been going on for months. Don’t tell me to reinstall the game I am too far in and that will make me have to start at level 1 again.

when is this going to be fixed. I won’t buy anything until this is fixed!!

Best Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @amwsmith and welcome to Soda community!

Sorry to hear about this 😔

- Where do you play Soda? On Soda app or on a site (king.com or facebook)?

- What device do you use?

- before this problem arised, were you saving your progress with a King account or Facebook account?

- As for the message error, do you see this specific type of error when you visit your profile settings on Soda app? Or another type of error?

Thanks

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @amwsmith !

Glad to hear the game works now and can connect to King servers. It's very possible that you lost the levels you passed while the app was damaged and offline due to this issue. Levels couldn't be synced on King server but now they can.

You might try to contact Player support, explain what happened and ask them to move your levels forward to your correct level.

Please read the directions above on how to contact player support

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @amwsmith and welcome to Soda community!

Sorry to hear about this 😔

- Where do you play Soda? On Soda app or on a site (king.com or facebook)?

- What device do you use?

- before this problem arised, were you saving your progress with a King account or Facebook account?

- As for the message error, do you see this specific type of error when you visit your profile settings on Soda app? Or another type of error?

Thanks

• amwsmith
    Options

Thanks for your response. I use the app on an iPhone. I have been using it for quite sometime this is the first time I decided to post. I have not been able to log In For months so my progress is not being saved. I don’t use Facebook so that’s not an option.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Thank you for replying back!

No, Facebook is not necessary. I wanted to know if you used any account to save your levels before this issue happened. I understand that you did use a King account so you should be able to retrieve your progress up to the point your app was still online and able to sync with King servers. 🙂

If you do see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" message, you might try this trick in the hope that it works:

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If it doesn't work, then the only option left is to unistall and reinstall the app, I'm afraid. It's the only solution that can effectively solve it. This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app and app gets corrupted. The app then stays offline so you can't even contact Player Support directly from the app to get help.

Unfortunately, uninstalling causes to delete permanently all the boosters saved on your iphone. Only levels and gold bars are saved on a King servers and can be retrieved, as I mentioned.

King offers replacements of boosters that were purchased and not used yet.

To contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "gold bars and purchases"- "why haven't I received my prize"- scroll down and click "contact us". Explain your problem and send.

Hopefully after reinstalling Soda app, you'll be able to get back to your King account and levels but if you are not, you can contact Player Support so they can manually restore your levels:

Contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save" and explain your problem and tell them which level was your last.

Hope this helps 🙂

• amwsmith
    Options

thanks for all of the information. I am going to try your suggestions. If I reinstall and it takes me back to level one I give up!!

• amwsmith
    Options

I had to delete the app and reinstall it. I logged in and I did lose a couple hundred Levels but I did not have to go back to level 1.

thanks again!!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @amwsmith !

Glad to hear the game works now and can connect to King servers. It's very possible that you lost the levels you passed while the app was damaged and offline due to this issue. Levels couldn't be synced on King server but now they can.

You might try to contact Player support, explain what happened and ask them to move your levels forward to your correct level.

Please read the directions above on how to contact player support

• Icky_de
    Icky_de Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

Since the update from yesterday, I can't play on king.com.

When it will be fixed?

Regards

Icky

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Icky_de ! 🙂

I'm sorry to inform you that King games are not playable on king.com site anymore. King made the decision to remove the games from that platform.

Read the official announcement here

To keep playing Candy Crush Soda Saga, please download the app through these platforms

Apple: App store, Android: Google Play, Windows, Amazon

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?