Options
msg4869
msg4869 Posts: 24 Level 2

It says I can send messages to friends but I don't see how to do it?

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    edited April 2022 Answer βœ“
    Options

thank you for uploading the pictures πŸ€— I see what you mean now

The inbox section of Social Hub is not intended to let you write and send actual messages to friends πŸ˜…

the inbox section is the place where the game gathers friends requests from Kingdom players that are sent to you. Specifically, they're friends requests made when a player sees you playing events with them, for example "4 in a row", weekly contest, Soda team and episode race. They click on your avatar picture and then "add friend" button. you'll be asked to accept or refuse the friends request on that inbox section. If you accept the request, you'll see the new friend's name in "Friends" section of Social Hub.

However, Soda lets you write and send messages to your team mates in chat feature that is incorporated in Soda Team Feature

Hope this helps πŸ€—

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @msg4869 and welcome to Soda community!

What are you referring to? Are you talking about sending messages on this forum?

• msg4869
    Options

I mean in the Game it's self I have an inbox but I do not see how to select a friend to message

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited May 2022
    Options

@msg4869

Usually the inbox icon is the place where you can find lives sent from your friends.

But I may be wrong, do you mind sharing a screenshot of what you see in the game?

how to take a screenshot: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Save the image on your device storage if you use a computer.

Upload the image from your device to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

Thank you

• msg4869
    Options

I have a friend on my team that would like me to message her how do I do it, seems like the inbox is useless

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022 Answer βœ“
    Options

thank you for uploading the pictures πŸ€— I see what you mean now

The inbox section of Social Hub is not intended to let you write and send actual messages to friends πŸ˜…

the inbox section is the place where the game gathers friends requests from Kingdom players that are sent to you. Specifically, they're friends requests made when a player sees you playing events with them, for example "4 in a row", weekly contest, Soda team and episode race. They click on your avatar picture and then "add friend" button. you'll be asked to accept or refuse the friends request on that inbox section. If you accept the request, you'll see the new friend's name in "Friends" section of Social Hub.

However, Soda lets you write and send messages to your team mates in chat feature that is incorporated in Soda Team Feature

Hope this helps πŸ€—

• msg4869
    Options

Interesting I have never seen anything in my inbox but I have friend from all over the world. I kind of thought their request for friends cam on the team play. I do understand I can message team mates on the team board but what if you only want 1 to see it?

• msg4869
    Options

And also why does it say this on my profile screen here?

Congratulations, you have reached Level 2!

You can now send private messages to your friends, yay!

Check out your next stepΒ HERE!

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022
    Options

Interesting I have never seen anything in my inbox but I have friend from all over the world. I kind of thought their request for friends cam on the team play.

well, yes I noticed the same thing. Usually I'm the player who clicks on people's avatars and sends requests and not the other way around. When players accept our requests, we're not notified in inbox section. Players appear on Friends section automatically. I have probably received 1 or 2 requests notifications that appeared in Inbox section ever since I got Social Hub feature in the game.

Plus, there's a second way to add friends. It uses link invites to share with friends and family who click on them so they can accept the request on their Soda apps. In this case, the request is displayed in form of pop-up message and not message in Inbox section. If you'd like to know more about how Social Hub works, visit this page

So, yes we can agree that the Inbox section has limited useπŸ˜…

I do understand I can message team mates on the team board but what if you only want 1 to see it?

It's not possible, sorry. You'd need to use a different platform to chat privately. If you'd like, you can send private message on this forum but the other person needs to have a community account like you

And also why does it say this on my profile screen here?

Because there is a system of ranks in this forum. To be clear, it's not related to King games.

When you level up in the community, you get to do more things in the forum. when you signed up you were a newbie. then you made 5 posts in the forum and you were promoted to level 2. You can now send private messages to other community members

As Level 2, you can also share your personal link from your Soda app to this forum so other members can add you to their friends lists.

Check out the discussion

After Level 2, you can move up to higher ranks that will allow you to create polls, upload a signature below your comments, change your community profile picture. For detailed infos, visit this page

In case you need help with navigating this forum, check out this useful guide here πŸ€—

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?