How do I get rid of Candy Crush Soda, Issues with Races and other Soda issues merged

Answers

• FluffyDinosaur
    FluffyDinosaur Posts: 2,486 Community Manager

Hi @Shelleydale

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues! Please remain patient with us while we do our best to help you out. I've merged the different threads you've made together into one so we better can follow up and understand the issue.

Thank you!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @Shelleydale

Thank you for the infos so far. Would you take a picture of the connection problem you see in your Soda game?

Thank you for helping us understand

how to take a screenshot or print screen: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

After you captured your screen image, you can paste it on Paint program and save the picture as an image on your laptop

Upload the image from your laptop to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

Then click "reply" button

Thank you again

• Shelleydale
    Shelleydale Posts: 111 Level 2

@Pitty_Kitty; @FluffyDinosaur

An update.:

I continue to have no internet connection on my laptop. I have not sent you a screen shot because there is nothing to send.

When I try to log in on my Profile page, the message says there is no internet connection. Try again later.

On the race, instead of Avatars, there is a blank space with the internet sign and a slash through it as well as a red exclamation point which when you click on it says " Race can't be updated. Reconnect to see how you are doing,"

When I got to social hub, there is just the internet symbol with the slash through it.

When I try to get rewards from the noble path equivalent it says, " No internet ". with the associated symbol as above.

The 'Four in a Row 'game says nothing. It remains with squares filled in as they were when the problem began.

In the Easter egg competition, I remain at 15 although on my mobile, I am iin the three hundreds.

Anyway ... on to the new problem. As I mentioned, I have been playing on my cell phone after uninstalling and reinstalling it ( it had had no internet connection for months ) . I was playing quite successfully for the past two days until today. I clicked on the symbol to listen to the adds to get a booster and extra moves, which I have been doing consistently. My phone's screen went completely black with an 'X' in the upper right hand corner and some symbol in the bottom left hand corner that is unrecognizable. Neither of these symbols do anything when I try to click on them.

My battery on my phone is fully charged. All my other apps, and functions work just fine. Is it possible that King has been hacked?

So now what ?Please do not send me your usual canned responses. I need someone who actually knows what is going on (thank you Bricorn )

Shelley

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited April 2022

Hello @Shelleydale

Well, I'm sad to hear that you felt that my previous long explanations in trying to understand what's going on in the previous pages felt like "canned responses". They came from my own experience and knowledge and not taken by a textbook of responses. 🙂 But it's alright.

Let me explain why I insist on pictures. We're going to do what is necessary to do.

In this approach, screenshots of the problem may seem less important to you but they are essentials in understanding what's going on. the many they are, the better it is. They're very important to find a solution. So I'll forward them and your comments to community manager and this case will be discussed

It's what we ask all players when a complex situation occurs.

Are you having technical problems in taking screenshots and uploading them on your computer? Is there a way I can help you with any of these steps? I'll try to help you out 🙂

---

how to take a screenshot or print screen: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

After you captured your screen image, you can paste it on Paint program and save the picture as an image on your laptop

Upload the image from your laptop to this forum discussion. Click the icon circled in red that shows a mountain:

Then click "reply" button

Thank you

• Shelleydale

I am unable to follow the instructions provided, getting confused with different storage on my own PC and ' OneDrive ' on windows 10. The Paint app has no ' paste ' option that I can find, and I captured this one image purely by accident and cannot get any of the others transferred from mmy files to this stream. Sorry. It's the best I can do.

The good news is that after several hours of a black screen, my cell phone app has returned in full.

• Pitty_Kitty

Thank you very much @Shelleydale for your help! Very much appreciated 🤗

On last step if you don't mind, how does your game display the connection error in your profile settings? Since that is the place where we can establish the game is or should be connected to the account.

If you're able to take a picture and upload it, that would be great for us. If you can't, at least please confirm or not that the connection error looks like the one you had in you phone here or it looks differently. That is important information.

Thank you again !

----

As for the taking screenshot process, you did great 🤗 when you take a screenshot, you copy it, open Paint, and paste the picture using paste which has this icon:

If you hover with your mouse over the icon, the computer will show the purpose of the icon, so "paste". Then you save the image on your computer storage and not one drive because it is the easiest option. 🙂

Wishing you Happy Holidays, if you celebrate them 🤗

• Shelleydale
    edited April 2022

I still don't know how I did this, but here are some other screens!

I am not stupid you know; highly educated and a physician. I'm just old !

*Edited by CM: ⛔ That’s too much personal information. We have removed the screenshot as it was showing your email address. For your own safety and protection, do not share your email address - Our House Rules

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello @Shelleydale

I was only trying to help 🙂. And you helped me a lot by uploading the pictures. I thank you for that.

After inquiring, I was told that there are no reports from Support Team about this specific problem affecting other players at this moment or for the last weeks.

Unfortunately, this means that at this point, this connection error can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your computer.

There is no other solution we can offer you. The good news is, after reinstalling and logging in to your account, your events should work properly again and most of them will be synced between devices. (What I mean is this: For example, "4 in a row", weekly contest, episode race will be able to sync between computer and phone apps. Progress in Egg tournament events can't be synced across multiple devices but this is decided by the Game Studio and players can't fix this).

If you purchased items on your computer app but you couldn't use them, Player Support offers replacements. Please read here for more infos on how to ask for a refund.

• Shelleydale

What about facebook? Is that synced too? Because right now when I complete a level on Facebook, I have to complete it again on my phone

• Pitty_Kitty

Hello,

If I understand this correctly, you can play on 3 places:

1) Soda app installed on your Windows computer

2) Soda playable on Facebook site on Chrome browser (for example) on your computer.

3) Soda app installed on your phone

You're referring to 2) and 3) situations, am I correct? These 2 places are not synced?

Thanks

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?