I use iPad Air with last update iOS 12.5.5 and can anyone tell what the last update use received.

Options
cmrichagran
cmrichagran Posts: 2 Newbie

When I go to use a colour bomb it makes the Candy Crush Soda shut down, then I loose everything thing.

Would any body have this happen to them?

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,828 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @cmrichagran welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear your game is closing prematurely 😕. I’ve checked my iPad, and the latest iOS is 15.5

You could try the general troubleshooting to see if this solves your issue.

Provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game

- clear the cache (not data  that will delete your boosters) —> go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

- power off your device for at least 1 minute

- restart your device

- check for game and device updates(iOS 15.5)

- log back into the game.

Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Hope this helps!

• cmrichagran
    cmrichagran Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thanks for the help.I’m glad to try anything to get back to being able to play it properly again.

• Calamity_Coyote
    Calamity_Coyote Posts: 115 Level 3
    Options

OP is using iPad Air which maxes out with iOS 12.5.5. From what I understand, they do not plan on releasing any newer updates for iPad Air. In fact, some apps no longer work as they require higher iOS. 😥

So I tried to duplicate your issue on my Air. First time logging in to it for a while. After about 5 minutes of closing down all the "how-to" and "Info" pop-ups, I finally scrolled all the way back to level 11. One that I knew I could quickly create a color bomb to explode. Game ran slow throughout but exploded two color bombs without issue. Then when I completed level, game locked up and closed. Reopened game (more delayed pop-ups) and tried level 11 again. Exploded 2 color bombs again and completed level without issue.

Personally, I think the iPad Air is just too out dated to play this game without glitches. Hopefully the clearing of cache like Yosca mentions helps, but I wouldn't expect much from this older system that is no longer supported by Apple.

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,828 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2022
    Options

In addition to what calamity_coyote said @cmrichagran , I found this info:

”Can you get the latest iOS on iPad Air?

iOS 14 is compatible with all devices that are compatible with iOS 15. If you're using the iPad Air 1st gen then no it is not. You need iPad Air 2 and newer.”

So if you’re using iPad air 1st generation you can’t update it 😔

• Calamity_Coyote
    Calamity_Coyote Posts: 115 Level 3
    Options

Yes, I forgot this is for iPad Air 1st gen which is what I do have. I'm sure OP has 1st gen as well due to only running iOS 12.5.5. Just sad. Although it is almost 10 years old (released in 2013) it doesn't feel like it is that old for them to no longer provide support for it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?