major problems with candy crush soda saga crashing when playing videos and also shutting down

Options
mahjongger
mahjongger Posts: 46 Level 2

I play on my ipad. I am at level 3678. If I click on a video to get extra moves or bonuses it causes the game to crash with a black screen. I have tried all the suggestions I could find including deleting the app and re-installing it , in fact I've done that twice. I clear the cache, I sign out of the game etc. Nothing is helping. I play candy crush saga on the same Ipad and it works just fine. I can play candy crush soda saga on Facebook without any problems or issues but don't get videos or bonuses there so would prefer to play on my Ipad. What is wrong with my game and how can I get it back on track to play right. It really hurts to be in the middle of a game and have it crash and lose any benefits.

Best Answer

• lynnesg
    lynnesg Posts: 10 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm so glad you found a solution and a bargain at that. I'll keep plugging away on the old ipad, just avoiding the bonuses with no regrets. Actually, it's a little easier not watching the 30 second ads. Also, getting used to the iPhone version as long as my vision holds out. So tiny!

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,131 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @mahjongger

Very sorry to hear you have issues on Soda when you want to watch ads for extra moves or boosters. Please use this link here to report the ads!

Thank you for reporting this! 🤗

• mahjongger
    Options

it's all the ads. They all affect the game, turn it black

• Yosca
    Options

Yes I understand @mahjongger As I said before, please report it through the link I mentioned 👉 here. Customer Care will then receive the notification. Thank you!

• mahjongger
    Options

"POM" ad would not play and turned the screen black on my ipad

• Yosca
    Options

You have to click on the green word in my previous comment. That brings you to a form to submit. That way Customer Care will have all info and can inform the Studio. We cannot do this for you, sorry!

• lynnesg
    Options

THIS! I had this exact same problem and reported it to King Player Support. The response was

I did all that and still have the screen shutting down after finishing a game win or lose. I've given up trying for the free boosters. The ads don't play so don't ask me what they are, and instead the screen either freezes at the start or just turns black and sends me back to the launch page. I timed my last session, it took 30 minutes to "play" three games. Would it help to report it again? Might just get the same advice. Lynne

• mahjongger
    Options

I know exactly what you mean. I have not had any more suggestions so I guess I am on my own. One thing I am considering is the fact that my Ipad is old and won't update beyond IOS 12.5.5 so maybe this why I am having problems. Candy Crush Soda Saga requires current operating systems. So I am now considering buying a new Ipad if I can find a price I like. Otherwise I also play without watching the videos so I don't get the benefit of extra moves or boosters. That part is no fun but the game will play without crashing. If you can close all programs running while you play that helps too. Good luck to you!

• lynnesg
    Options

My iPad is also old, but I have NO problems with Candy Crush Saga (the original). I'm on 10,726 and it just speeds right along, so much fun. I hate to quit Soda at level 3702, but every time I play, I say that's it, I'm done, and yet I keep thinking that today it will be different and go at it again, like an idiot. Maybe I'll go back to the Jelly game and see if it works better. I let it go a few years back because playing all 3 games was just too much. Write again if your game improves, and that will be a good luck omen to me. Appreciate your inputI

• mahjongger
    Options

It's interesting that you can play Candy Crush Saga with no problems! Exactly the same for me, I play it also and can watch all the videos with no problems. Weird for sure, you would think if one game works , why wouldn't the others? Anyway, the work around I am doing involves me not watching any videos on Soda Saga. I definitely miss getting any bonuses etc but is worth it to be able to play without it crashing. I also double click the home button on my Ipad and swipe up on any items that appear on the screen. This keeps things simple and the Ipad seems to work better that way. I'm at level 3865 on Soda Saga and level 3181 on Crush Saga. I also play Soda Saga on Facebook, they don't have the videos etc so it runs very nicely. It backs up your progress so you could just log in again and be right where you left off. If you replace the Ipad you can just sign back in and be ready to play at same level you left.

I really appreciate hearing from you. It is good to know I am not alone in my problems! I hope things work out for both of us. I am not ready to move up from my Ipad just yet.

• lynnesg
    Options

I am now down a new rabbit hole. Being very "smart", I installed Soda on my iPhone expecting it to work better than on that old iPad. But now I can't figure out how to sync my progress with the iPad game. The instructions are vague "Sign up with email prompt". Ha! Where is that? I'm contacting Support again, but not expecting much help. I'll let you know if anything improves. I'd love to hear that you've made any progress.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?