๐Ÿงจ Million Member Club ๐Ÿงจ Win a badge!

Comments

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator
    edited March 2023

I saw it, that's why I added "old scores in highscore bar are not considered I'm afraid" ๐Ÿ˜…

When players take part in community challenges, they're advised to play a level to beat the challenge and then take a screenshot of the score which is below Kimmy or Piggy bank.

You did that since you replayed the level and had a score of 412.760 but that is not 1 M points yet

Posting old scores in highscores bar is not playing a level specifically for this challenge, it indicates the player rather looked for good scores in the game and not actually achieved them after they accepted the challenge and played. For this reason, in all community contests and challenges score in high score bar is not considered fair since many players take an effort to replay levels until they win the challenge and the badge

If you play the level, take a screenshot of the score below Kimmy or Piggy bank (=newly gained score) then it's a valid entry

I don't mean to hinder your efforts, I know you're fairly new to the community and not familiar with community contest and challenges, I just want to let you know how it works๐Ÿ™‚

• mattakus
    mattakus Posts: 24 Level 2
    edited March 2023

Ok so just confirm, the video/screenshot I have from 7 days ago that clearly shows my score at 10M+ during the ending sequence of the level, is not valid for me to achieve this badge?

The unfair part here is that the instructions for entering this competition arenโ€™t clear in the original post, therefor if someone does take the time to achieve a score of 1 million and either takes a screenshot of the wrong area, or takes a screenshot after the fact, that they are disqualified for no good reason, how is anyone supposed to know that the screenshot must be taken on the page you specified if itโ€™s not mentioned in the rules of the competition? The only requirements that were specified to achieve this badge was to โ€œpost a screenshot of any replayed Soda level showing a score with over a million points. That's it!โ€ It says nothing about where the score needs to be or that it specifically has to be below the kimmy or the piggy bank?

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited March 2023

Hello @mattakus

Fair enough, I'll let community manager know to specify better what "post a screenshot of any replayed Soda level" means. It's all about playing together having the same standards. As you can see all players posted in this thread the score they got after replaying the level, not the level preview screen. New players have a right not to be informed, that's why a moderator in charge of overseeing contests threads checks and lets them know ๐Ÿ™‚

No player is disqualified here, you can try playing levels as many times as you want to win the badge

The badge for 10 million points doesn't exist, only badge for 1 million points exists. Getting to 1 M can be achieved with ease in some levels for example level 451, if you wish to take part in the challenge you can play a level and achieve 1 M score

If you have the screenshot of you just getting that 10 M score below Kimmy or Piggy Bank because you took a video, I'll allow it since you state you played the level

• mattakus
    edited March 2023

โ€œif you wish to take part in the challenge you can play a level and achieve 1 M scoreโ€ as I mentioned previously, I played the level 7 days ago and achieved a score above 1 Million, unfortunately because the rules said nothing about where to take the screenshot, i instead took a video, thinking that it would be sufficient and clear evidence that I achieved that score, but as you have mentioned, because I did not take a screenshot of the score below kimmy or the piggy bank, my entry unfortunately does not count, even though I can clearly demonstrate that I got that score through a video.

I sincerely hope that rules can be included in future competitions as it is extremely unfair to expect new community members to simply know a rule that isnโ€™t written anywhere, especially since I put in the effort to get that score just like everyone else did, but I guess Iโ€™ll have to try again.

• mattakus
  • Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,105 Jelly Moderator

Awesome I'll be back with my screenshot to earn this badge ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Pitty_Kitty

Congratulations @mattakus well done!

Feel free to check out the challenge for Soda lowest score club badge here, if you wish ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited March 2023

I'm happy to see you're accepting the challenges for the 1 M and lowest score club badges @Princess_Jessica ๐Ÿ™‚

You can do this ๐Ÿ’ช these badges will be waiting for you. without score entries these badges may be revoked momentarily ๐Ÿ™‚

• Princess_Jessica
    Princess_Jessica Posts: 8,105 Jelly Moderator

Thank you I didn't know they was auto or I would have only commented with the score I'll go get the scores and come back for the badges your awesome ๐Ÿค—

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?