What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

Comments

• Hilzz
    Hilzz Posts: 78 Level 3
    subakai said:
    Have been playing King games for about 6 years, I think.  I was actually stuck on Level 64 for two years!  Now on 80-something.  I'm still looking for the daily rewards, and don't see where they might be hiding--that's if you're still giving them.  I  wouldn't mind getting extra moves by watching ads-- a few of the games I play do this.  Also not able to pay for gold.  I like the daily reward in the original game--and the ones that build up when the 'C' appears.  They're pretty generous.
    Hey, subakai. I downloaded the game from microsoft store to my computer. I play this way and get daily rewards OK. Might be worth a check out?
  • Alessandro_S
    Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4
    In all fairness, even CC Soda has multiple ways to build up boosters: Quests, Bubblegum Hill, competitions, daily timed boosters.

Quests are maximum 3 per day, 1 easy (1 booster), 1 medium (3 boosters), 1 hard (6 boosters) - they get refreshed once you either complete or skip them, so if you don't complete say the hard one in 1 day, the next day you get two new quests (easy and medium) and have a chance to keep going with the partially completed hard ones.

Bubblegum Hill (BGH) gives you 6 lollipop hammers for completing 5 levels on 1 life, plus some gold (very often 1 gold bar, sometimes more - in the older days I even got like 85 gold bars at once, but these days it's very rare to exceed 10). It's not there always for everyone, so when you have it, play it! BGH lasts for multiple hours, which means you have multiple chances to rack up hammers. A strategy I use is to even consider using up to 5 hammers in the last level in order to get less than the full 6 hammers, but at least 1 - and the gold bars ensuing. You also get unlimited lives for 1 hour, but I don't really make much out of that.

Competitions are two-fold, all usually lasting 2 to 3 days: one flavor is Rocket Race, where you get 1 striped hammer anyway (if you lose, you get that by default - if you win, you can pick between 2 regular or 1 striped hammer - and 1 striped is far far better for hairy situations especially with spreading jam or saving hidden bears from honey). The other flavor is where you have to collect either fish, or striped candies, or stars - getting in top spots in the competition also awards boosters, the higher your placement the larger the number of boosters.

Finally, there are daily timed boosters, where you have either fish or choc bombs or color bombs on every level for 2 hours - the way I play them is usually to wait around midnight to play, like 23:55, so I can play after midnight for around 2 hours with every level starting with 2 free types of boosters; almost indispensable when playing new levels, as we've discussed those to be too hard to be played booster-less. Once upon a time, daily boosters were actually not timed but could be stocked up - that probably changed a couple years ago.

Note that these sources of boosters may be active at the same time - so I can, at 00:01, be playing for 2 hours on a set ot 2 types of free boosters on every level when alternating BGH to regular levels while also working on Quests and Competitions... AND it should be noted that playing BGH gives you a 10x bonus on Competitions (1 fish = 10 fishes) plus every booster used, including automatic ones, increases bonus even further (playing BGH or any NEW level with 1 daily booster = 20x, playing with 2 daily boosters = 30x, using a hammer under these conditions = 40x ...).

You know, getting to 2000 gold bars and 1000 lollipop hammers hasn't come around playing occasionally o:)
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Those quests and challenges are extremely hard and I give a pat on the back to those who complete Bubblegum Hill.  I don't do well with the fishing.  My favorite is Rocket Race and I always pick the same team, although lately our team isn't doing too well.  I never have extra boosters and it's a miracle when I clear a level!  I'm at 1798 right now so you'd think I would have gotten used to it by now.  Yet I come back and play every single day.  Hey guys, are you having trouble with the daily booster?  I forget which device but it's always stuck on day 1.  I don't complain because at least I'm getting something. 
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Elsa said:
    I don't do well with the fishing.
    I am crying 😂😂😂😂
  • Alessandro_S
    Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4

I never played BGH. But it could be a nice thing to collect things there. In Pet Resque there is something of the same. I hate that game as I usually fail at 3 or 4 and never make it to 5. I have not seen BGH in some time now. If you say.. using 5 hammers to get 6, I don't have ANY hammers..
    Rocket race was very often a month or so ago.. but now it seems to be reduced again to once every week or 2 weeks.
    If you loose you get a swaphand not a striped lollipop. And.. that is not always working.

Problem with me is: I play on several devices. Boosters are not synchronized.. so a little or none on everything and if there is a difficult level.. Rainbowroad is gone.. I have only one or none daily boosters.. no hammers.. Some levels are not playable to me.

For getting initial hammers - go with quests and build up a few before attempting to go for the 6 on BGH. And yes, it might be frustrating to have to start again at 1, but that's the point of the game IMO - not too hard, not too easy (though there are some versions of BGH where making it through the 5th or sometimes the 4th level requires extraordinary luck - and those days I just pass on BGH as well).

Rocket Race: you're right, it's a free switch when you lose - and both that and striped hammers are incredibly useful, so be patient and build them up as well!

Multiple devices: I am in fact transitioning from my old phone to the new one, and I'm playing both sides; all new levels on the old one using the piled-up boosters, BGH on both to build up (especially on the new one). It's a two-faced argument and I'm working to exploit the positive side of it B)
  • pnutncm73
    pnutncm73 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hilzz said:
    subakai said:
    Have been playing King games for about 6 years, I think.  I was actually stuck on Level 64 for two years!  Now on 80-something.  I'm still looking for the daily rewards, and don't see where they might be hiding--that's if you're still giving them.  I  wouldn't mind getting extra moves by watching ads-- a few of the games I play do this.  Also not able to pay for gold.  I like the daily reward in the original game--and the ones that build up when the 'C' appears.  They're pretty generous.
    Hey, subakai. I downloaded the game from microsoft store to my computer. I play this way and get daily rewards OK. Might be worth a check out?

• pnutncm73
    pnutncm73 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I play on my mobile phone and my daily rewards come up as soon as I load the game. 
  • _Elsa_
    Well King wanted my feedback so here it is........................... level 1803!  I've been trying to clear it for days!  Days!  I don't play the game as much as I used to play because these levels are impossible.  So on Windows 10, I just tried level 1803 again.  I am so tired of the licorice on the left side dropping constantly so I decided that I was done with this and bought the +5 moves for 10 gold bars.  But it still wasn't clear so I bought another +5 for 16 gold bars.  Then I bought the striped lollipop after using the 2 that I still had and it never cleared.  I got so fed up that I closed the game and continued writing my message here.  But then had to open the game on my iPhone so that I could see which level this was and my daily bonus was the coloring candy so I thought - one more try!  And the darn thing cleared only because I was able to make a few fish but then I had to use a lollipop to hit the fish to finally clear it.  So what's my thoughts on this when I ran out of moves??  Not a good experience at all.  I would really appreciate the studio looking into changing some of these levels for the better!  I play CC Saga and I'm at the top every single week and here with this game, I get excited to clear one level per week.
  • _Elsa_
    Hey @JetKuil-Snaterse I thought that I hated those chocolate blockers but now I think the licorice swirls is sitting right next to the chocolate blockers on my "Do not like this" list!
  • _Elsa_
    LOL!  I also love licorice! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?