Bubblegum Hill temporarily removed due to technical issues

Comments

• jlynnb23
    jlynnb23 Posts: 61 Level 3
    @Xarly Thank you for the update.

Though it being gone for that long really really stinks! I wake up every morning and look forward to seeing that troll up in the left corner! I truly hope it's back before then, I dont know what I will do to fill my downtime lol. 

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution! 
  • daisymama5
    daisymama5 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Thanks for the update, Xarly!

A different mobile app I used to play would gift their players with gold bars when the game had been down because of technical issues. Any chance King would gift us some gold bars and lollipop hammers to compensate for the downtime?  :)  (Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right??)
  • daisymama5
    daisymama5 Posts: 12 Level 2
    jlynnb23 said:
    @Xarly Thank you for the update.

Though it being gone for that long really really stinks! I wake up every morning and look forward to seeing that troll up in the left corner! I truly hope it's back before then, I dont know what I will do to fill my downtime lol. 

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution! 
    Did you go back and get three stars on every level? That's what I do when I'm either caught up on levels, or stuck on a level and tired of looking at it. 
  • jlynnb23
    @daisymama5 no not yet. Alot of the levels I used my lollipops and sometimes spent real money to finish them. Not gonna do that again lol. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,797 Soda Moderator
    @Xarly, Thanks for the update. However, we had issues before with BGH. The team decided then we could play BGH for 24 hours each day. Do we have still the same problem as before? Wasn’t it fixed properly? I really hope when it’s fixed, we’ll don’t get these issues anymore.
  • jlynnb23
    @Yosca that's a good point. I would like to know the answer to that as well.

Honestly I've never played a game that has so many "technical issues" so often and that takes so long to fix them.
     King is a hugely successful company, things like this should not happen so often. 
  • dalley
    dalley Posts: 30 Level 2
    I would never buy a package without the Hill working .

• Andrea_Howell
    Andrea_Howell Posts: 7 Level 2
    I noticed a change in rules for bubblegum hill. Is this real? Will we really only get one change a day to take the crown? If so, that really sucks. 😔
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for your messages and patience, you are all a great bunch of people :smile: .

Let me touch now some of the points you're raising:

• Regarding a possible compensation, I will speak about it internally but cannot guarantee anything. This is not a global downtime or other scenarios that have such an impact that the whole community is affected. We need to remember that Bubblegum Hill is one of the many events in Soda. Like all events, it comes and goes so it being there should not be taken for granted. I understand though that this is the community's favourite event probably and that means it needs being handled in a different manner. That is why we are communicating proactively and not just turning it off without informing you. Bubblegum Hill matters to you all, and that means it matters to us too.
    • In regards to whether this issue is or not connected to the previous one. The answer to this is no. Back then the issue made it so that we had to make it shorter iterations (every 24h) and now it's a completely different scenario. Now, the event being there implied game crashes happening, and that is a terrible experience for our players, hence why we had to remove it temporarily. The other issue happened at the end of November, more than 2 months ago and is not connected to what just happened.
    • The point being made about Soda having issues lately is something I would disagree with. These games have hundreds of millions of players every month and overall, for such an immense amount of players, Soda is a very healthy game. It does have some bugs appearing here and there but we are able to patch without downtimes, to not have to close the game temporarily whatsoever and to provide an experience that is there constantly. That is a pretty unique scenario (based in my opinion and experience, both as a gamer and a professional that worked for multiple games) and I think Soda's developers do an incredible job at keeping the game as clean of bugs as possible while also providing a great experience for almost 5 years now!
    I hope this answers your questions, if not, just fire away! Regarding your question, @Andrea_Howell, that change happened on the issue of November 2018. The current issue is a very different one and it implied disabling the event. There are no plans of having it run for 24h.

Cheers everyone and thanks again for your feedback,
    Xarly
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,797 Soda Moderator
    @Xarly, thanks for the response. I’m hoping the fix will be soon then. About the compensation; it would be nice if you guys give us that, for not able to play until the new levels come up.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?