New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Khol
    Khol Posts: 5 Level 2
    I just finished the last box in the row for my "team", and supposedly won a wrapped candy and an hour (I think) of unlimited lives. I can't check to see if the wrapped candy showed up, because I'm out of lives. But I obviously didn't get those unlimited ones. This is on my laptop, via Facebook.

Adding: I just got a life back through the timer, and the wrapped candy is not there either.
  • justcuzzz
    justcuzzz Posts: 4 Newbie
    I miss the quests. It was the only way I could accumulate boosters. Mr toffee’s fair is not on my app yet. When will it be released?
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that early next week, after we collect more feedback and data from over the weekend we will sit down and discuss the feature as it is. I will get back to you all and provide as much information around this as possible.

For now, in the sake of transparency and honesty, I just wanted to come back to you all to let you know that we will look at how the feature is perceived and performing early next week.

Thank you all for your feedback and, to those that are not satisfied with the way the feature is currently, please know that we do read and care about what you have to say (and we appreciate how you all stay respectful when doing so).

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Well, nothing for me today, not close to completing a tile, and need boosters to get through the level, still only one "team mate" showing, who has done one tile to my six. 

What's the point? 

Been playing for years, been stuck before (for a month once) but always got through it. This "enhancement" though, is going to make me abandon the game and find something where I have some chance of getting through it. 

I hate being one of those people who give up, I had intended to get to the end eventually - or at least the last level available at the time - but I just don't see how now. 
  • jacksmack80
    jacksmack80 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have read posts of the years and people always threaten that if King doesn't fix one thing or another, they will abandon the game. I have never thought like that, until now. I love playing Soda Crush because it is far more challenging than normal Candy Crush. It is impossible to win some of these boards without a booster... OR if you do win, it took you 5 days. We have to have these quests back. On Candy Crush, it is so easy to build up boosters and it isn't fair to take them away. I do LIKE this new feature, because it is a team challenge. But if you win an HOUR of a booster, then what is the purpose of having the screen at the beginning of the game showing how many boosters you have? Is this Kings only way to make money, by forcing us to purchase?? I am not buying boosters and will go back to just Candy Crush if I have to. So disappointing. 
  • moroser
    moroser Posts: 1 Newbie
    I do appreciate the fact that the community manager responds to our disappointment regarding the introduction of the new feature and the cancelling of Quests. That gives me a cosy feeling, that I am listened to.

That is reasonable that the devs want to gather more data on the issue first, and barely share any information with the public. There may be 12 pages of complaints here, but it's still not representative comparing to hoards of players out there. Maybe we are just a vocal minority here?..
    I am still optimistic though. There is almost nothing positive in the recent change - I try to find something, but I can't. Working for rewards together in a team may be considered as something nice - multiplayerish even ;) - but the implementation is terribly poor. Inactive team members blocking the way is just infuriating. I'm sure that the absolute majority of the players feels the same way as we do - they want the quests back and Mr. Toffee radically changed or completely cancelled.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Remember, we aren't the only  group with complaints. Look across facebook and the app review on Google and you will find plenty of bad reviews of Mr Toffee. In fact, not 1 positive! This should be a good representation of how the majority of players feel. Ditch or majorly improve Toffee or bring back original Quests.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,977 Soda Moderator
    Remember, we aren't the only  group with complaints. Look across facebook and the app review on Google and you will find plenty of bad reviews of Mr Toffee. In fact, not 1 positive! This should be a good representation of how the majority of players feel. Ditch or majorly improve Toffee or bring back original Quests.
    And give everybody Mr. Toffee, I still don’t have it and maybe because of that I’m a “phantom” team mate. I had the team race and won it because the others did nothing... Really strange things are happening here.
  • yvonneschoenrock
    yvonneschoenrock Posts: 29 Level 2
    I don't think anybody wants Toffee Fair. It's rubbish. I can't believe people are asking for it still when they have read all of these reviews !!!! Unbelievable ????
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,977 Soda Moderator
    I don't think anybody wants Toffee Fair. It's rubbish. I can't believe people are asking for it still when they have read all of these reviews !!!! Unbelievable ????
    I am not saying I want it. I don’t have it, I don’t want it. Just trying to figure out why other “team mates” in Mr. Toffee do nothing. What I want is bring the quests back.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?