I still dont have mr toffes fair. How do I get it?

13»

Answers

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4

Elsa is a vert good advocate for Activision, not for the players.She may be a great person or not, but she is clearly on the company side.

What can be said? you bought King, you have been working thoroughly to destroy their games, and alas, you are succeeding.

If there was any dialog, if you would answer the anger we, the players, feel, it could be worth talking. But no one is interested obviously.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

@Anne_Martin, I hear your anger, I understand your anger, I empathize with your anger, I am also a player with anger. Since you only see the one side (player's side) please stop being judgmental. I am not expecting you to understand the studio's side but can you not understand the Superstar's side at all? I play the game, all Superstars play the game(s), and we are just the middleman who tries to help you with the glitches and elevates them to the Community Manager when it's a definite glitch or a bunch of angry players reporting an issue. I am NOT on the company side and if you took the time to read my responses to the players here in the community you would realize that. If you saw the messages that I write to the community managers then you wouldn't say that either. Should I be talking about greed? No because I am not that type of person and it has nothing to do with me being a volunteer. I have choices when I play the game. I can choose to purchase boosters and extra moves and I do! I can choose to play Mr. Toffee's Fair or not. Lately, it's mostly not playing it. I am not impressed with it, just like the other players who express their thoughts here.

I can choose to close the game after trying a level 2 or 3 times. I don't even use my 5 lives because I get fed up with not being able to clear a level. Do I miss the quests? Yes I do! My favorite was the Rocket Race and I miss it so much. That was the only event where I was able to get some rewards. The other events were difficult for me.

Thank you @Foley1362 for speaking out for me. And NO @Anne_Martin, I am certainly NOT an advocate for Activision. I am an advocate for the players, which includes me too.

You wrote that no one answers the anger that the players have and no one is interested. Well since you don't know what goes on behind the scenes then you don't know how much our community manager, @Xarly, goes out of his way to help the players. He talks to the studio all the time. Does he always get the answers that he wants to offer the players, it certainly doesn't always happen in a short time frame. So now that I've explained a bit of what's going on, I sure hope that you have a change in your thoughts. If not, then what can I say? I am here in this community to help the players but I guess I can't always please every single player all the time. But I do thank you for expressing your anger and it is well received on my end.

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4

Elsa, you may be a great person, I don't know you.

Let us not make it personal, and stick with the facts.

1/the CEO of Activision claimed that 2018 has been a great year for them

2/but he fired 900 persons!!!

3/I don't think anyone would contest the idea that the change has been made to sell more boosters. The ones we cannot get for free anymore...

4/the attitude of Activision so far has been paternalistic and very unpleasant. Very populist, or trying to be

5/most players hate the new feature.

It brings the final question... When you deal with a game everybody has played, can you change ii? Is Parker allowed to modify Monopoly rules? Is Scrabble meant to be changed at the whims of Hasbro?

Even if Activision thinks so, there are ways to do it much better than what they have done. I think they are trying to manipulate the players, in the name of big money.

The game was fun, and is not anymore. I'm stuck on a level where I need hands, and I can't get them. Nut generally speaking, it goes with a series of changes in the pat 2 years that all show the way : levels made more difficult than they used to be, called hard or not without any correlation to the difficulty, and the players depending on Activision's mood to pass this level or not.

If you are here to help the players, you should relay our irritation to the bosses. I guess it is the only thing that can be done, until we stop playing.

I'm not mad at you, I'm angry at Activision.

From Wiki,

In June 2013, the company [king] opted to remove all in-game advertising from their games, relying solely on microtransactions. The company stated that due to their "focus around delivering an uninterrupted entertainment experience for our network of loyal players across web, tablet and mobile has unfortunately led to the difficult decision of removing advertising as a core element of King's overall strategy".[29] Advertising revenue had only made up 10% of the company's earnings in 2012, and only 1% within 2013; the company in its IPO files stated they do not anticipate any further earnings from advertising revenue.[30] While King relies heavily on in-game purchases, it is estimated that only single-digit percentages of all players of their games have spent money on their titles. In Q4 2014, King had 356 million monthly unique users, with 8.3 million of them spending money. The 2.3% that pay spent an average of $23.42 a month within the games.[23] King stated that their model is aimed to continue to draw existing and new players to all of their games: "If the cost to acquire players is greater than the revenue we generate over time from those players and if we cannot successfully migrate our current players to new games and new platforms as we have historically done so, our business and operating results will be harmed".[30]

. Where King understood the possible problems, Actvision does not look further than short term.If we, the players stop playing, their income from advertising dies. Did they think of it? And only 2% of the players bought boosters.

Matters Activision should ponder...

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend

Hi @Anne_Martin, I read your message over the weekend and marked it as "Insightful" but wanted to reread it again before responding back to you. I agree with all that you wrote. I do not like the game at all since they took over and I really liked it much better when King had all the games.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?