My opinion on the new Soda changes

chandycade
chandycade Posts: 15 Level 2

I think they absolutely suck. Now I have to spend more money to get boosters and it was pretty expensive to begin with. I have spent so much money playing a game I basically love, and now it's just ridiculously impossible at times even WITH boosters. Ironically, the "Really Hard" levels are doable. But, c'mon King, don't cheap out on your most faithful players!

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager

Hi @chandycade ,

Welcome to the Community and thank you very much for your feedback. The team is working hard on bringing new features soon that will hopefully be fun and exciting to you. In times like these it's hard for the message to really go through but trust me, our most faithful players matter to us a lot. We run events, surveys, meetups and we sit for hours and hours with the studios to discuss your feedback, your impressions and how the game feels for you all.

I can only ask you for a bit of patience here, good things are on the way, and we keep monitoring and revisiting those that might not be optimal at the moment.

Cheers and I hope to see you around,

Xarly

• chandycade

Hi Xarly,

Thank you so much for responding and especially so swiftly! I really had no idea what it was like for you all to optimize the enjoyment of the games on a week-by-week basis and the pressures it entails. You are appreciated. Lol.

Best regards,

Chandrika

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4

the pressure? the improvement?

look, in the past year, we've got the commercials. Don't tell me it is an improvement.The bonuses are now given every 48 hours, while it used to be every 12, then 24. Those bonuses have got close to nothing, the black ball is a joke, like the hour of free play.We used to get striped ones, etc...All the good things were taken away, slowly.

Now, it is finally clear, pay and play, or don't pay and be stuck. Did you notice how weird the levels have turned to be? did you notice that all the sites which used to offer videos and advice have stopped? that is because there is no possible advice anymore, just luck or pseudo luck, given to you by the game.

oh, you will pass the levels, after a month or 2. Are you still having fun?

Taking the quests away is part of a long process to get poor players to win like better ones and paying players to be favorites.

This is not what is expected from a free game. You can't improve your way of playing, you can only repeat the same level again and again...

And Xarly pretends it is a question if hard work? well, they sure were able to take the quests away from all of us in a few hours, weren't they?

• chandycade

Thank you Anna,

I have to agree with you. I'm seeing that now, and have you noticed that the levels are not just difficult but insanely impossible unless you have boosters and pay on top of that? Xarly kind of gave me some hope that they are in the process of improving, but as you pointed out, they want the buck. Also, I'm so not happy with them removing the quests. WTF.

Chandy

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4

you have 10 different games going on. Some have Mr Toffee, some get a wheel for their daily reward with more possibilities, some like me get nothing or just about it.

It seems that players at low levels are getting better boosters. I reached 2150 without buying anything, and don't enjoy playing anymore. Yes, it is sad, but it is the consequence of the sale of King to Activision.

While King knew that only 2% of the players buy boosters, Activision, who claims 2018 was a great year, ignore the facts.

I don't trust them anymore and am not going to enter a card number on such a site.Plus, you either spend $20 to 40 a week, meaning a lot, or you waste your money.

I hope players will understand and stop playing for a while. If a couple of weeks go by with 50% less persons playing, all the companies paying for ads will start wondering. If on the top of it, no one buys boosters, Activision will feel its loss.

At the beginning of internet, such a strike was launched against high prices in Europe. The results were amazing. The prices fell by 50% in a month!

With cellphones, the same happened and it costs a lot less to have a cell in Europe than in Canada for instance.

We will see what happens.

I guess the worst is the lack of fun now. If I pass a level, it is chance, luck, randomness, nothing linked with the way I play, and I feel it.

• Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3

@Xarly Why do you keep repeating the same thing? Actions speak louder than words!! How is making people suffer an improvement??

Tell those people who sit there for hours discussing (how to make people pay) that their game is NOT FUN anymore and that as much as it used to bring me joy it brings me anxiety now.

What a disappointment

• chandycade

Anne and Yaz,

I hear you!! It's no FUN most of the time now, and it's hard to feel that rewarding "satisfaction" after completing the levels. It's what made the game so popular in the first place! I hope these people come to that realization, but I'm not holding my breath. Greed is disgusting.

Chandy

• chandycade

And profiting off of people's addictions is the new norm it seems. I'm smart enough to know that this is beyond reasonable, so though I'm tempted at times, I won't be spending money ever again on this game. Ever ever.

• princesslittlepiddle
    princesslittlepiddle Posts: 25 Level 2

@Xarly

I see that you want our paitience, and maybe we would be patient, had someone decided NOT to remove all chances of prizes and free boosters while the game is being improved. Why take everything away from players while you are still working out the game tweaks? Is it because you no longer show ads, hence supplementing the profit loss by forcing players to pay to play? Just speculating. I’m playing on iPad and I haven’t seen any ads for weeks.

Bubblegum hill is way too difficult to win without boosters, which you no longer give out because daily quests and ad prizes have been removed. And you don’t give out much in prizes. Winning bubblegum hill and remaining on the throne for 45 minutes and only giving 3 gold bars? That’s not a decent prize with a game this difficult to play. You removed our chances of gaining more game time by keeping us on the throne for a measly couple of bars. But all this is moot if you can’t even win bubblegum hill in the first place because it’s so difficult!

The game has become so unbearable to play. I play on average 2 hours every night. It takes me an hour and a half to pass even an easy level with the daily boosters. Seems very unfair to take away the fun in the game. And what’s with not giving any free game time offers on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s?

*none of the comments made above are directly directed at Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?