New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• iampattir
    iampattir Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    i do not like mr toffee at all.  With that said and if we are stuck with it I have a few suggestions.  First you have to do away with using boosters to complete a box, it just makes no sense.  Second,  king needs verify that teammates are active players. Last, there has to be a way to remover a player that is sitting on a box for days or in my case weeks without completing the task and blocking us from completing a row.  Maybe after a Few days refresh the board to a new board.  
    In my case, the box that is blocking us required only 500 red candies. My only option ( other that using boosters) was to complete 3 icing levels and 3 jam levels. I had to wait for new levels to complete one of the boxes and now have to wait another week for new levels to complete the other.  I will be on this board for over 3 weeks.

I totally believe  some players are blocking rows from completion just to be mean and it's frustrating the day lights out of me.

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
    So I just got a new Mr. Toffee board.  Each board has 8 possibilities to earn a prize—4 horizontal, 4 vertical.  I can see 15 of the squares.  A teammate is working on the one I can’t see.  Here’s the problem I have with it.  Without knowing what that last square requires, I do know that 4 of the options for earning a prize require one of the players to complete a level.  Two of the options require completion of at least 2 levels.  I say “at least” because one square requires a player to earn 5 stars which is a minimum of two levels.  One option require completion of at least 4 levels.    The final option requires the use of a booster.  I have several issues with passing levels.  First, the one time I used one of the level squares, I didn’t get credit for passing that level.  Second, depending on where you are in the game, you may not be working on a level that meets the requirement of one of the squares.  Finally, it make take several days (or weeks) for someone to pass a level which holds the team up from completing a board.  I suspect that many of the complaints about players sitting on squares are squares that require the player to pass a particular level.  With the limit of only being able to do two new squares in one day, it’s pretty easy to understand why players are stuck on a board for multiple days.

Also, I posted about the prizes earlier.  I am happy to say that I received a hand switch today.  First time I’ve received something I consider to be of value.  

Please bring back the quests for everyone.  

• toffeefairsucks
    toffeefairsucks Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My user name says it all. Get rid of this useless feature. 
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options
    Just "won" a line on MTF and was presented with 1 hour of lives and a wrapped candy.  Didn't get the wrapped candy.  Meager rewards to start with and then the candy wasn't awarded.  When released,  MTF was touted as a:
    1. New version of quests
    2. Earn prizes faster
    3. Work as a team

The "work as a team" claim is only true when you are teamed with active participants.  Usually, my team doesn't even select a square or if they do, they sit on it but not complete it, very effectively blocking me.

The "earn prizes faster" claim is definitely not true.  When allowed to tick only two squares a day, even if all three players are playing will allow only 1 "win" a day and possibly 2 "wins" the following.  That is the best case scenario.   When quests were active, there were 3 quest allowed per day, some quests took longer, but the shorter quests that were completed were replaced the next day.  It took patience, but boosters could be accumulated as opposed to MTF where the prize doesn't always get added.

I can't agree MTF is a new version of quests.  It isn't anywhere as good as the old quests and it is buggy.  Or maybe it isn't a bug, but a feature in the eyes of the company.

I am still hanging in there, trying to grow my inventory of lollipops, not playing levels and hoping, hoping, hoping that King realizes they made a big mistake and bring back quests to all.

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - we are currently reviewing both features and we keep track of your opinions and thoughts always during the process.

A couple of things I wanted to mention based on your comments:

• The team is still investigating the possible issue on Windows 10. Thank you all for reporting it, as this is not the intended behaviour of the feature.
    • If you had any issues with the rewards not being granted, please reach out to me via Private message. Just click on my name and then on "Send Message" and we can look at your account privately.
    • Special thank you to those of you like @iampattir that have also dropped suggestions, they really help us think of possible improvements and tweaks as we move forward. Please do not hesitate to give us any constructive feedback like that.
    Cheers,
    Xarly
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    It may be that when you win that 1 hour the wrapped candy is for 1 hour as well. I think this was how one of my "rewards" worked. It doesn't show up in your inventory but has countdown on it like the free hour. 
  • Micke_Olsson
    Micke_Olsson Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi all,

• The team is still investigating the possible issue on Windows 10. Thank you all for reporting it, as this is not the intended behaviour of the feature.

Didn't read the complete thread - but I have issues and am on Win10.
    Issue is - that the feature is gone (Mr Toffee's Fair, that is).

I still get notifications on my desktop telling me that some of my team members did something but I can't join in, since there is nothing to click on.

All in all, when it was working I personally think the previous bonus game/quests was better. But now I haven't had anything for more than a week.

• Brin
    Brin Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options
    Mr Turkey is the most miserable, mean-spirited feature I have ever come across in a game. Yes, I have been playing it, not because it is enjoyable but it is now the only way to earn a bonus. A bonus that you don't even get in most cases. I am now going to ignore this feature, in the hope that it will just disappear.
  • PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - we are currently reviewing both features and we keep track of your opinions and thoughts always during the process.

• If you had any issues with the rewards not being granted, please reach out to me via Private message. Just click on my name and then on "Send Message" and we can look at your account privately.
    • Special thank you to those of you like @iampattir that have also dropped suggestions, they really help us think of possible improvements and tweaks as we move forward. Please do not hesitate to give us any constructive feedback like that.
    Cheers,
    Xarly
    Thank you for the update, any idea of how long the process will take?
  • PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Thank you for updating us, any idea of how long the process may take?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?