New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    This is getting beyond ridiculous, at the moment on the Mr Twit Face I'm playing out of the 16 squares I have filled in 8 of and one of two other members is still on the same square and the other member hasn't done anything.

Of the remaining choices there are really only two that I could try for (both having to deal with passing either 3 or four levels)  however, without boosts and being on a Super Hard Level I won't be getting any kind of rewards.

For the love of everything, PLEASE give us back the daily boosts.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    I don’t think they are going to give us the quests back. This toffee thing has been here since the end of February and the only answers we’ve gotten about this stupid thing is that they are still gathering information. I know from just this thread alone there are over 500 hundred posts and not a single one is a positive review. That’s not even counting the reviews on google play, the App Store and Facebook which are also all negative. I think this “gathering information” line is just that, a line of crap. By taking away the quests and replacing it with this joke of a “feature”, it forces us to purchase boosters if we want them and of course when you get to the higher levels you have to have boosters to pass. That means more money for them and they could not care less how we feel about it. I have played this game since it came out and I have spent a lot of money on this game but those days are now over. I know King is a business and they need to make money, I get that and that’s fine but they have now showed me they don’t care about their players or what they want. At this point, I’m so frustrated with all this, the game isn’t even fun anymore. Unless they give us the quests back or make major changes to toffee dude, I won’t be playing anymore and certainly not wasting anymore money on this game. I have a strong feeling that I won’t be playing again but we shall see. 
  • boxer6
    boxer6 Posts: 91 Level 3
    I Mr Toffee stinks. Bring back quests
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    Jami_Fagala, I think you are right.  I would like a simple yes or no answer to this question:

Is the intent of King to not award the more powerful boosters into players inventory such as coloring candy, color bombs and double fish, forcing players to purchase these boosters if they want to use them?

I would like to cut my losses and jettison this game should this be the case.   Xarly, can you answer that question?  Enough with the gathering of data, the studio has a plan in place.  Your players have a right to know that plan and make a decision on what works for them.  
  • Kerriann
    Kerriann Posts: 42 Level 2
    dalec said:
    Face it, we're getting the cold shoulder and they are not listening to us. If they are really listening to us they would have made changes by now. If they are still "gathering data" then they are the most inept bunch of programmers ever. They are just catering to the people that pay money for boosters.
    Heck there nail, I'm a head, are you flung to hit me? 😇
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    I don't think they will make more money. Money means lots of players, and a lot are quitting. The game is only worth money because many, many people play it. But if 50% if the players leave... 
    I don't think Xarly plays the game, and that is already weird. We never had an answer to the multiple serious questions asked, only to the most innocuous. I asked about the fake help, when the game advises you to do stupid moves, and he answered it is to be sure a player does not miss an opportunity. Hmmmmm? meaning he does not know most of the time the moves are the worst. Only a non-player would think so.
    Something has changed in the game. Luck plays now a huge part. Many levels are impossible, until the gods of the game want to give it to you. Or almost give it... Many times, even then, I needed a pink or a striped to finish it. I don't feel in control anymore, and I deplore it.
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    People don't take kindly to take-aways,  whether it is this game or something more important.  They get angry.

So, here is another suggestion.  Put Soda back to what it was, quests in MTF out.  Then create a new game, something like Soda Challenge, the Extra Hard Version, Only the Best Need Apply.  Put MTF there with no quests.  Those that choose to play it know they aren't going to get much help.  There are people out there that enjoy challenges and might like it if they CHOOSE to play it.  And, they would have bragging rights which is just fine with me.  

I want my favorite game back, not this thing that just isn't fun anymore.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Birdgirl, that is a great idea!
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    yes, it is.  But they will say a new game takes a long time, etc...
    Post it in the ideas section, who knows?
  • Nena1234
    Nena1234 Posts: 18 Level 2
    so, i noticed that I have 2 other teammates but it is only me doing the quests. I am also currently doing a task where I have to make wrapped candies and it doesn’t always count them. Does anyone else have the same issues ?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?