Error: Couldn't connect. Go online to download episodes (Reported to the Studio)

Options

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I want to scream!  I want to walk away from my computer!  Thank you for letting me vent.  I am going to see if I can get a community manger to report this because there are now a couple of you reporting this.
  • candysodaLAFL
    candysodaLAFL Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    I am having the same issue. No FB just email. This hasn’t been going on over 3 weeks. 
  • parrothead
    parrothead Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    I’m having the same issue 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    kDizzle said:
    No login via email. I don’t use FB. 
    Can you please explain to me how you can log in via email?  I didn't know that it was a possibility.
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    I am having the same issue. No FB just email. This hasn’t been going on over 3 weeks. 
    Please explain to me how you can play the game with email. 
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    I’m having the same issue 
    Are you also doing it via email?  I am so confused because I thought the only way to play the games was with Facebook, the Kingdom or without anything if on a browser.
  • kDizzle
    kDizzle Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    I have a King ID which has my email address attached to it. So I have a username and password. This is still an issue so I’ve stopped playing as these types of things continue to happen. Upgrades are made and suddenly you lose all your boosters or you can’t connect. 
    This feels like a purposeful move to push users into a FB login - why would I want to share my data with FB !!!!!
  • candysodaLAFL
    candysodaLAFL Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    Elsa said:
    Please explain to me how you can play the game with email. 

Ive always used my email address to login I have a gamer Id name and I’m continuously logged in. Now when I try to log in it gives me an error as well as saying it cannot connect to WiFi which makes no sense because I am clearly on WiFi. It appears this affects all users without Facebook. I’m not getting on Facebook to play a game so I’ll just stop playing. It’s not fun at all and the Fact I’ll lose my progress if I reset the game or get a new phone makes it even more pointless to play. 

• _Elsa_
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hey guys, I finally figured out what you are all talking about with playing the game through your email.  You are playing the game through "the Kingdom".  You can either play on Facebook or through the Kingdom so you are playing through King's login.  Can all of you please tell me if you are playing on a mobile device and which one?  Or are you logging into the Kingdom through Windows 10.  I am starting to see more of these messages and in order to pin point the problem they need to know where you are playing the game.

I just thought of something else!  If you are playing the game on Windows 10 you can uninstall the game app and reinstall it again.  You should not lose your boosters.  I have done it and didn't lose anything.  But if you are playing the game on your mobile device, uninstalling and reinstalling the game will cause you to lose your lives and boosters.  I sure hope that you all say that it's Window 10 because that could be an easier fix.
  • kDizzle
    kDizzle Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options
    I answered this question WEEKS ago. Playing on iPad. Still not resolved. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?