New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Becky, would you like 3 golden tickets instead of 2? lol.... they are totally useless!
    @marscrushinit, if you can find one honest person with a normal IQ who likes Mr Stupid, it would be very hard to believe. See, that is the problem. Elsa is honest and says she does not like it, but you or Foley want to defend Activision so much you don't accept unanimous criticism. Any company makes bad decisions once in a while. OK, Activision seems to make a lot of them, but admit it at least when it is a catastrophe! Your complete compliance with their choices amazes me. Even in the army, soldiers are to discuss orders if they are illegal. 
    @Mark_Adcock, you know, the game used to be different, you needed some strategy. But that was King's time, with twice as many moves. For today's game, you summarized it pretty well.

I flunked my super hard level with one last tile I could not get 5 times, until I did not want to play anymore.
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    @Anne_Martin - if you actually read this thread you’d see that @marscrushinit has stated she didn’t like the MTF either.  

For the record Anne (notice the tag ‘@‘ difference ☝🏻) - I would prefer to have the quests back.

I’ve said exactly two things to date about MTF I believe. First was I wished I could play with my friend @Elsa & @Pummy Raj. I thought that would be fun at the time.  Second I offered Lizzy advice on the counting of coloring bombs in MTF. That’s it. However since I haven’t grabbed my pitchfork and joined your ranks I’ve now been labeled a coward I believe is what you said I would be last time.

Haven’t a pleasant rest of you day 🙏🏻
  • Anne_Martin
    edited May 2019
    if you know about it, what makes them want to kill the game?
  • princesslittlepiddle
    princesslittlepiddle Posts: 25 Level 2
    Hey King, 
    Basically what players are saying is, you are a business and we are the consumers.  The consumers are telling you your product is now garbage.  As in any business, a defunct product means one of two options for you; make the product better or GO OUT OF BUSINESS.  And sorry to say, mass consensus says you’re going bye bye if you don’t want to make your consumers happy.  Its up to you now.  We players have MANY options but we are trying to tell you that your product was once actually GOOD.  We are only relaying our opinions in the hopes of SAVING this game and your business.  So take heed. 
    And as for the volunteers on this forum, I never want to be where you are; between a rock and a hard place.  
  • Anne_Martin

I passed my extra hard level... Guess how? during my free half hour, I was given a hard one plus the extra bonus given by the commercial. Well, the bonus was a soft one, just next to the hard. No comments!
    Now, I'm on a normal level, just impossible to pass too. I guess the magical combination is needed here too.
    I did my 2 tasks on Mr Stupid, and gave up for the day. 
    I'm afraid the changes go much further than MTF. The whole game is now silly. You can't get a level unless the gods agree. There must be algorithms saying how many times you must play to be allowed to progress. You, your talent, your way of playing, etc, do NOTHING. You are at the mercy of the game's mood.
    Why keep on? if I want to play slots, there are more adequate places! I'm puzzled. The game is now for -very stubborn- little kids.
    I found the same problem on CCFriends and worse on Pet Rescue Puzzle. The levels are not possible if you are not "helped". 
    What is going on? 
    I'm looking for a replacement, I'm sure I will find something.
    But is sad... and not to understand when CCS was the lighthouse of King for which Activision paid so much!

To those who say you must organize yourself to play MTF, yes, of course, but not the way you say. You must go to levels you passed where you may get more easily whatever color or candy you are looking for. Of course, it does not work for the most moronic tasks, "use a hammer or a free switch", or the really difficult ones, asking you to pass levels.  But to pass 2 or 3 levels to get a free hour of play makes me wonder. Even at minimal wage, it would be better to work 20 minutes and buy boosters than to struggle for such feats.
    Activision, what do you want?

• princesslittlepiddle
    princesslittlepiddle Posts: 25 Level 2
    Wait, some of you are still getting ad watching bonuses???  My iPad version quit offering ads completely two months ago!  
    Hey anyone, what gives? 
    Thanks 
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    After working for many years in the tech industry and being in the unfortunate position of working in a small fish company consumed by a big fish company, it is pretty standard to replace people and products from the acquired company with their own.   I know nothing about activision and have no desire to investigate, but some of you might know, does activision have products in competition with King's products?  Or are they cutting costs by only supporting a couple of King's games and letting the others die a slow death by customer attrition?   
  • Anne_Martin
    Birdgirl, they don't, not that kind of games. As far as I understood, King and Activision were partners for a while until Activision bought King in 2016 for 5.9 billion dollars. Wow!
    King was getting half of its revenue from Candy Crush and co,  while Activision was more into video games like Call of Duty.
    Anyway, Activision Blizzard had its best year ever in 2018 and reacted by firing 800 persons. They say they would drop small ventures and focus on their big successes, "Activision Blizzard will boost by 20% the number of developers working on its major franchises—Call of Duty, Overwatch, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Diablo and Candy Crush—funding this move by cutting disappointing initiatives and employees layoffs".
    Try to understand! I can't.

• Anne_Martin
    @princesslittlepiddle, I only get rewards on my phone. On my computer, I never had them.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Anne_Martin we seem to have been reading some of the same info on Activision.  I find it interesting that Mr. Toffee appeared the end of February/beginning of March at a point when there seemed to be a lot of change/upheaval at the corporate level.  I suspect that the “data collection” will be telling once second quarter financials come out.  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?