edited May 2019

What's wrong? What did I do to you?
  • Wiggles777
    Wiggles777 Posts: 78 Level 3
    mercerik said:
    @mercerik lol you suck 
    @Wiggles777

I apologize but I’m not happy and shouldn’t have taken it out on you.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    I think we all are incredibly frustrated at this point. Or at least I know I am. I have spent a lot of time and some money on a game I really enjoyed. And now these people just completely ruin that game in a matter of months. Not only that but we are basically told to like it or leave it. They could not care less how we, the players/customers, feel or what we want. They have made that clear. That makes me angry and it saddens me to have to leave a game I loved to play. But I’ll get over it since the game I loved is gone. 
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    Reposting, sorry if it is a duplicate.
    I have sadly said "goodbye" to Soda, I think it will be gone at some point.  I play Candy crush Saga too, and just recently the Build a bot function has been reverted back to the way it was when you could play previous levels to build it.  I wasn't happy when they changed it to where you needed to win new levels to build it, but adjusted to it.  There were complaints, but nowhere as much as the complaints with MTF.  So why was Saga changed back, but not Soda?  My opinion is that Soda is the dispensable game, the support will be focused on Saga.   

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    mercerik said:
    @mercerik lol you suck 
    @Wiggles777

I apologize but I’m not happy and shouldn’t have taken it out on you.
    @Wiggles777

Did you just pick me randomly from a lot of players here? I don't work for King or Activision Blizzard. If you are frustrated, don't take it out on anyone here, even if they work for King. You can voice out your frustrations without using unnecessary words that you wouldn't want anyone to call you.
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    I asked a question yesterday as a new discussion, but no one cares, or seems to among the volunteers. I just would like to know what it means to be a volunteer. Does anyone know something about them? Are they a bit like interns? What is the difference between a volunteer and a frequent poster, like mercerik with almost a thousand posts?
    Or to ask it another way, what does it bring them to be called volunteers? do they do it for fame here, or are there other rewards?
    I did not even know they existed. 

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    It seems that everyone who has posted here has the same frustrations with Mr. Toffee.  While it’s fairly obvious that the rules we’ve been complaining about aren’t going to change anytime soon, what I don’t get is that there doesn’t seem to be any progress made in fixing the one common problem that’s been reported.  I’m talking about not receiving rewards that have been earned.  The wrapped candy booster seems to be the biggest problem.  Can someone with some inside knowledge report on that?
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,680 Sweet Legend
    I asked a question yesterday as a new discussion, but no one cares, or seems to among the volunteers. I just would like to know what it means to be a volunteer. Does anyone know something about them? Are they a bit like interns? What is the difference between a volunteer and a frequent poster, like mercerik with almost a thousand posts?
    Or to ask it another way, what does it bring them to be called volunteers? do they do it for fame here, or are there other rewards?
    I did not even know they existed. 

Where did you post this?  Yesterday was Mother's Day so I wasn't online much at all.  I would like to see your question.  Below is just my thoughts on the difference.
    1. Frequent poster can help the players sort of like a "me too" I also had that experience.
    2. Volunteer to help players in the community can be various degrees of help.  When I was a volunteer in the old community I took that extra step and did a lot of googling when helping the players, but that is just me.  The questions posted got me curious so I googled and created a bunch of links that I still use today.
    3. Volunteer as a Superstar, help the players in the community, get insights and information from the community manager, get a lot more involved in the background with the Superstars and managers.

When I think intern I think schooling and then interning in the field that you were trained.  The Superstars don't get structured schooling but we do get links and information.  The community is going through a lot of growing pains at the moment so not everything is perfect but I can drastically see the changes from the old King community to the new community.  It might be that the games are lagging behind, getting stale and that is where the community comes in handy.  Now @Xarly and the other managers are connecting with the gaming studios and making them aware of what the players think about their games.  It's going through a growing process and we need to be patient.  I am happy Anne that you are expressing yourself in these messages and I totally understand your level of frustration.  Every now and then I need to take a step back because I just don't have the answers.  I don't ignore the questions but I can't always get them the quick fix.  So it's frustrating being a player and just as frustrated being a Superstar.

If you send me the link to your question here, I will post the top of what I wrote in that question.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone,

I would like to address a few points and make things clear:

• Stay on-topic. The topic here is Mr Toffee's Fair. If you wish to talk about anything else, do it in a different thread. From now on, messages that are not speaking about the purpose of this thread, will be edited or removed according to our house rules.
    • That said, I'd like to make some points clear before going back to the main topic, Mr Toffee's fair:  

• 1.- King is not Activision. King works as an own independent company, as per usual, and is just part of the group of ABK  (Activision Blizzard King). Let's please speak with knowledge and not just basing things on assumptions.
    • 2.- Nobody here is trying to kill the game. Soda has been around for 5 years and the team works hard to keep it going for 5 more. Mr. Toffee's Fair is just a brand new feature that is still being tested. I gave, give and will give all  of your feedback as it is back to the team. As honest and transparent as you yourself provide it. That is my job. The studio's job is to run the game while taking all of the information they have into account. Please be mindful and understand how things go before attacking.
    • 3.- If you are angry, frustrated or annoyed, please take a break. Mr Toffee's Fair is just one of the different features in Soda. Playing it is not a must in order to progress but I understand that quests were a much better feature for the community, which is feedback that I do pass on. We do video games here, and you are playing a video game. This is meant to be fun. If it's not for you, just take a break or play any other of our games. The whole point of playing a game is to have fun doing so.
    • 4.- Insults will never be allowed. I don't mind if it's in a sarcastic, subtle, cynical or direct way. Under no circumstances will any insult towards another person be allowed here. You can criticise a feature and give feedback (which is the purpose of this thread) but you cannot attack other people. I will not tolerate any of it in this Community and those being disrespectful, offensive or insulting towards others will be sanctioned accordingly. Please, let's be mature enough to criticise something without having to be disrespectful to other human beings. I expect that from this community.
    And now, please let's go back to the reason of this thread:

• @LizzyLemondrop - Thanks for the reports. I will take a look at how the collection system works and will follow up with the team. My assumption is that only one counts per level, but even then, I personally agree that it shouldn't work that way (that's just my personal take though). Regarding your other question about dropping a task, it will reset the count of it back to zero.
    • The team has verified issues with rewards when playing on Facebook and are working on a fix that should come live hopefully today or throughout this very same week. As mentioned previously, if you missed any reward, please send me a private message with the reward and your player ID and I will grant those to you myself.
    • I can only inform of what I know. If I remain silent is because I have no updates, as simple as that. I cannot come every day to update you all, because these things take time in a game that has millions of players coming in every day. It's not black or white and it's not easy.
    I hope all of this makes sense and gets some of the key messages across. Now, back to talking about Mr. Toffee's Fair here. If you wish to speak about anything else, make a thread and people will reply if they decide to do so.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    ISurvived said:
    This is entirely off topic. Is there any reason for getting the gold pin for completing a level the first time? I mean, there's no reward for that. 

Kinda like Mr. Toffee's Fair, you know?
    Gold pin is the same nonsense where you are told to beat 5 levels first time during one episode to get some fancy sword...King don't tell you that it is totally and utterly worthless, but hope that some players decide to buy a booster to obtain it.

But hey, they're not unscrupulous ... much ;-)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?