Make Mr Toffee a solo challenge like Quests

LauraLMason
LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
Other ideas including another one of my own have focused on how to improve team play. Besides the disappointing rewards this is where many frustrations of this feature come in. Trying to play as a team especially with those you don't even know or can't communicate with doesn't work very well. Mr Toffee needs to be an individual challenge similar to Quests that offers up to 4 tiles at a time you can work on, knowing what the rewards are in advance, and a major improvement on the rewards given.
44 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Team play?  I’m one of the lucky ones that was never burdened by the abomination known as MTF.  There’s no team in this, your “teammates” are simply CPU-generated “players” that are designed to set you up for failure.

I play this game solo and haven’t spent a single cent, yet am at the highest level.  I have zero friends that play this game, can any of
    you confirm familiar names/avatars in your episode race/Mr Traitor’s Farce games?

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Not a fan of the race thing either. I wish there was a way to opt out.  Do you have the original Quests? 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    How are you not a fan of the race??  It’s an ez way to get 5 free gold bars.

Yes I have the original quests and have never been burdened by Mr Traitor’s Farce.  I truly feel badly for everyone that has lost the quests as they are an integral part of completing the ever-more-difficult newer levels that are released.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hey @LauraLMason ,

Thanks for the idea! It really helps us since we are looking at ways to improve the feature overall. In regards to what @Dirty_Nurse mentions, I want to clarify that all players are indeed real players, hence why we are facing issues with some players not being as active as we wished in some scenarios. The same goes for other events like Episode Race. Their are real player scores.

I hope other players come around and share their thoughts on this to help us make the feature better :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    I agree if we do have to have it ( I personally prefer the quests) it should be individual play. I saw where someone had posted that they pick a square just to block other players from making progress. Thanks for asking and hope this helps @Xarly
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    I don't think you could make it worse... you have hit the jackpot with it. Inefficient as the rewards are not enough and very long to get, uninteresting, and often almost impossible. How can you use striped hammers we don't have anymore since you took the quests away? and if some are lucky enough to still have some, why would the use them to get what? an hour of free play? the game is dead! 
    Xarly, you are not trying to make anything better. Activision is trying to milk the players, and it will not work.
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    I keep reading that some players have  their individual quests  back? How can I get mine back? These group challenges are not fun when you're  the only one participating. Thanks. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,852 Soda Moderator
    Not only the rewards of MTF but also  of the Squad please!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    I keep reading that some players have  their individual quests  back? How can I get mine back? These group challenges are not fun when you're  the only one participating. Thanks. 
    The “group” challenges are not fun, period.  The meager “rewards” offered are not even remotely worth the time invested.

For everyone commenting in the various threads here on this forum, go ahead and look at the game’s fb page(posts and reviews) and App Store/google reviews.  Absolutely ZERO players want these “team” features yet they keep cranking them out.  I don’t spend a single cent on these games but for laughs I occasionally check out the prices of the various virtual goods on this and 3 other King games I play.  Prices for those foolish enough to shell out dough seem to have increased substantially in the past few months.  Either they are relying on “hooked” players to be willing to pay any amount necessary to keep up or they are not earning enough revenue as-is to make the games worthwhile to keep producing and are simply trying to rake in whatever they are able to while they still can.
  • aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2

Honestly I find it hard to believe all these little dirty tricks the developers are pulling are true.  I got the BIG picture, "Buy boosts or have no more fun playing since personal time and effort don't count anymore."  But now all the little things that King seems to be stooping to, I'm just amazed and really wonder what gamers and other developers would think if this was all really out in the open?.  Out of the 1000's commenting on MTF I've not read 1 single pro statement, what more would it take if you really gave a hoot about your end users?  The prizes absolutely stink if you should actually be lucky enough to get a line complete, but for the reasons stated again and again it's very hard to get even a line.  Read a lot of folks saying I finally got the line but never got the prize (Crappy as they are)  Now I read they may well not even be real players which could explain why 1 guy blocks 1 square forever and it's not even a square that'd help the TEAM make a line. 

Had not played at all for nearly a week but wanted to check and see if anything was improved,  but still nothing.   So the line I was on last week is still the same as I left it.  I finish that goal and now take on the fourth, make 75 fish.  It may take a little but surely I can do it tonight.  So I'd never checked the count before but I do and I'm not getting every one I make counted.  I figure they have to used also so I count only those and you SOBs are still not giving me the credits I'm earning.   SERIOUSLY????

Why do you encourage us to write but actually do even less than listen?  I have a pic in my mind of a big conference table covered in $$$$$ with a bunch of suits laughing hysterically and rubbing their greedy little hands together as they think "How else can we get a few more cents from each of these fools???"  This is beyond rude and crude, this is cheating and running a disreputable organization.  I had always marveled at the amazing success of King games and that was before I knew about selling goodies to help players win.  Then I was just blown away about the money made each and every day from all around the world.  To now think you actually swindle us out of a fish, or a penny, or a square or...…… I feel sick to my capitalist tummy.  Prove us wrong if we are, otherwise I believe time and Karma are going to get you soon enough.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?