New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,689 Sweet Legend
    @BeckyBubblegum

The customer service knows that. That's why I should put in the idea corner - the daily booster. So far, I'm the only one who voted for it. Because I'm probably the only one who has nothing. I have Window 7.

Thany You - Danke
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    @Xarly can you please answer me this...why is king doing nothing about the toffee fair? Do they not care if their players are extremely unhappy and they are losing players everyday? I have had toffee since the end of February and every single review I’ve seen has been negative but toffee remains. You asked for ideas to make the feature better but still no changes. Every update you’ve given us is they are gathering information and analyzing but they have been gathering for 3 months. There’s so much information out there about this feature and it’s all negative. What’s left to analyze? I honestly do not understand. 
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Jami_Fagala ,

Fair question, I appreciate it. I'll try my best to answer this as well as possible. The team is currently doing a deep analysis on this, because data and player feedback not always correlate, which is what makes things tricky in this case. As we speak, they are looking into improvements to the feature that address player feedback (for example, team members being inactive blocking other active members from progressing faster). At the same time, they are working hard on new features (like one that is coming in the near future, called the 'Soda Squad' ) that are on the way. I had the opportunity yesterday of testing two of them and provide my input from a player perspective and I think they will be very positive additions to the game (hopefully you all see them in your games soon).

I can only ask for patience here now, which is indeed a hard thing to ask for, I get that. There are optimisations and new features on the way, but these take time. The team is truly aware of the player feedback and is trying to address it moving forward, I can tell you that. Nobody here is trying to kill the game or harm our players, quite the opposite. Again, balancing in video games is a very delicate topic, because you need to contrast players' opinions with what their behaviour is in-game as well.

I hope this shed some light. Again, thanks for the question and if there's any other doubt, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,689 Sweet Legend
    edited May 2019
    @Xarly

Hello Xarly!

I hope you have also seen mine! A while ago, I did it to 
    spoken

with Elsa. She wanted to let you know. The players are unhappy. But what can I say, I have nothing and play with zero. I'll see if anything comes to me !!! I have Window7 and am a PC player !!! For years, I have only one picture and no free booster. I basically do not buy. Hope it comes to me also an open and honest answer!

BeckyBubblegum

I had just checked the competitions because of MR: Toffee, unfortunately I did not find it. Really wanted to read and maybe what to see what many here mean. Do you have a link for that? Would be nice, thanks.

Greeting Peggy

• thedottiep
    thedottiep Posts: 1 Newbie
    The new feature is a joke and a complete waste of time, but I understand why it’s been added. The more difficult it is to win boosters, the more we should be inclined to purchase them. There are so many games available that, with enough frustration from Soda, we can all just move on to something else. If they’d just return to quests, I for one would stay with Soda indefinitely. Just my opinion. Hope someone’s listening. 
  • Graeme_London
    Graeme_London Posts: 96 Level 3
    edited May 2019
    I was just thinking that a way to improve Mr toffees fair would be to give at least 3 boosters when completing rows or coloums, also remove the tasks that requires the players to use boosters and maybe allow the players to fill the board before it resets thereby removing the two task a day limt.  And maybe adding somthing smiler to the sugar drops from candy crush saga
  • tmwallace
    tmwallace Posts: 76 Pro Player 👑
    I have also noticed that in Mr. Toffee the prizes given are never a color bomb, double fish or coloring candy. At least I have never seen them. I've received a color bomb for a certain length of time is all. So it seems to me that one cannot build up any inventory of these particular boosters so that you have them for hard levels. I would change that--let people have the opportunity to save boosters to use when they need them, like the quests were. Maybe it's just me, maybe others have received these rewards. But with Mr. Toffee it is impossible to save any boosters for future play. It seems the only way to get them is to buy them.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Interpreting @Xarlys post :even though people complain about Mr Toffee they are still playing it and some spending money on it to buy boosters to finish a square. I hope most people are smart enough not to do that!

With something called soda squad it sounds lIke they are determined to try to keep players working together. Maybe I'm wrong and it's something completely different.

It does seem like they are determined to keep Mr Toffee a team feature. If so, it does need major improvements we have talked about over and over!

I do miss having in game features like Quests I can work alone on to earn a wide variety of rewards. There is rainbow road but you have to get on a winning streak for it to kick in. Bubble Gum Hill is solo but  only  24-48 hours per week and mainly limited to lollipops. The race is only worth much if you can manage to finish 1st. I now try to take advantage of my daily log in booster as much as possible!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Interpreting @Xarlys post :even though people complain about Mr Toffee they are still playing it and some spending money on it to buy boosters to finish a square. I hope most people are smart enough not to do that!

With something called soda squad it sounds lIke they are determined to try to keep players working together. Maybe I'm wrong and it's something completely different.

It does seem like they are determined to keep Mr Toffee a team feature. If so, it does need major improvements we have talked about over and over!

I do miss having in game features like Quests I can work alone on to earn a wide variety of rewards. There is rainbow road but you have to get on a winning streak for it to kick in. Bubble Gum Hill is solo but  only  24-48 hours per week and mainly limited to lollipops. The race is only worth much if you can manage to finish 1st. I now try to take advantage of my daily log in booster as much as possible!
    Bubble gum hill is a daily event for me, but then again I also still have quests(well I haven’t checked since updating the app earlier this morning so hopefully I didn’t get stuck with the Farce).

These team-oriented events are garbage, I still can’t believe that with the thousands of negative comments about MTF everywhere they’re STILL adamant about keeping it.  If I ever lose the quests I’ll simply run out my supply of saved boosters and 1200ish gold bars and never look back.  I’m not paying to play a free game.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Off topic but @Dirty_Nurse how do you have bubble gum hill daily and still have Quests? You must be the only person with those privelages! You are lucky to not yet have experienced MTF.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?