New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Anne_Martin, I know that you are enjoying calling Mr. Toffee by that name, but can I please ask you to change it to Mr. T instead?  To me that word is such a derogatory word.  Before writing anything else I just did a Google search to get the meaning of this word.  So as you can see below it says "having or showing a great lack of intelligence......".  So since we know that Mr. Toffee is not a reason person, I think that name might not be appropriate for him.  I am not trying to put you down in any way, so please don't see it that way.  That word hurts because I've heard many a part say to a child "how can you be so stupid?" so seeing it in writing does not make me feel good.

Now I will try to answer your questions; however, I am not quoting you exactly as you wrote it.

Q #1.  When Mr. T gets worse, what can you do?
    A.  You got that right - nothing!  I have 2 choices.  I can play it as is, or I can not play it.  I choose the latter.  As I mentioned before I stopped playing it a week after it started.  No I don't have extra boosters and yes I do have to purchase extra moves some times.  Since I haven't played it I don't know if they changed the tasks. 

You said "It is a real SHAME to put tasks like "use a hammer or a hand or anything". Only kids will do it, the simple idea is rather sick."

If only kids will do it, then are you saying that you are a child?  Again, I am not trying to put you down but from all your posts that I read in this message, you are always looking at the half empty glass.  I prefer to see the half full glass so my options differ from yours.  I open my game, play a level 2-3 times and then I'm done until the next day.  I play Bubblegum Hill on the weekends, which I just realized I forgot to check if it's out today.

You said "In real life, a company that would do that would be dragged to court." 

Do you know this for a fact?  Have you found any law suits out there saying that a company got sued because a quest was not good enough for a player?  I understand your frustration but really a law suit because of this?

I am going to close off this first question, because I will not speak for @Xarly.  I cannot see what goes on in the background or the data that they collect, nor can you.  Many times in all games I have shown frustration to the managers because of a glitch, or a quest that isn't liked.  Mr. biggest gripe with all the games is when they change the number of moves.  I shared my thoughts that they were going to lose players.  The replies I always got back said that their data is not showing a loss of players at all.  Here is a fact ...................  you don't like Mr. T, nor do a lot of players here like Mr. T and yet you are all still playing it.  What does that mean for their data?  No one drops out!  The players  continue to play these games even when they are dissatisfied.  Are you seeing this picture?

Now on to your second question.

Q #2.  does Activision intend to do something against Cheat Engine? many people are using it... it spoils the little bit of fin that could be left.
    A.  I can tell you one thing about this company.  King looks into cheats and cheat engines but I do not know how much they can do about the individual players using these tools. I do know that in the challenges the reason why the rewards are not given straight away is because they review the accounts where players have cheated so they don't get the rewards.

I know that you keep referring to Activision, and yes we all know that they bought the company, but don't you think that Activision is still concentrating on their own gaming and leaving the King games to the King staff?  This is just my thought on this.  Do they always get it right?  Do you always get everyting right?  Do I?  Life is a learning process.  I am not defending the studio by saying this but I would think that Mr. T is a learning process for them.  Since we can't go behind the scenes, we don't know what goes on in their meetings.  I know that Xarly does tell them to come here to read what you and everyone else wrote here.  When they go back into their meetings, we don't know how their discussion evolves. 

So my dear friend, @Anne_Martin, you have one of 2 choices.  Choice #1 is to find another game to play.  Choice #2 is to continue playing the game, with or without this event but coming here to reiterate what you have already said is not making the studio go any faster with their decisions.  Remember, it's all about the data!  So what choice will you be making today?

I've made my choice.  I play the game 2-3 times daily, with no Mr. T's Fair.  And now I'm going to see if Bubblegum Hill is back today. 

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Sort of off topic, there used to be a good site that would give you level by level advice on how to best work the levels. It may still be there but instead tells you the same playing strategy no matter what level you are on! Like MTF it became a disappointment  as well!
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Well if you earned boosters with daily missions you have to finish it to earn them. So even though you lose the board you win something that is why people want daily missions back.
    My favorite challenge was the Space Race.  I created guides for all the King games and below is a print screen showing you the Space Race.  I loved this so much and each time it started I always picked the same team because about 90% of the time we won!  I even expressed to the studio how much I miss this event but I am not seeing it back yet.  As I mentioned to other players, it's all about the data.  I love it and my team loved it but maybe their data showed a decline.  I have no clue what lies ahead in this game.  I am trying very hard to see the half full glass and hope that they release some really great events soon.  I think they also need to update the game a bit.  They need new blockers and maybe new boosters too.

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Sort of off topic, there used to be a good site that would give you level by level advice on how to best work the levels. It may still be there but instead tells you the same playing strategy no matter what level you are on! Like MTF it became a disappointment  as well!
    I remember seeing a site that always gave the same information on how to clear a level but yet if you saw another level it had the same information. 
  • LauraLMason
    Options
    The good old days of the rocket race! @Elsa we are probably talking about the same site that used to give good advice and now just talks about general playing strategy and nothing for that specific level. Candy crush soda cheats or something like that. Better stay  on topic about Mr Toffee!
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    @Elsa I miss those challenges so much! They give good prizes and I liked how they alternated which challenge was active to keep things interesting.
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    @Elsa I miss those challenges so much! They give good prizes and I liked how they alternated which challenge was active to keep things interesting.
    Well hopefully the studio will get to see our messages and  see how much we miss some of them.
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    Options
    Elsa said:
    Well if you earned boosters with daily missions you have to finish it to earn them. So even though you lose the board you win something that is why people want daily missions back.
    My favorite challenge was the Space Race.  I created guides for all the King games and below is a print screen showing you the Space Race.  I loved this so much and each time it started I always picked the same team because about 90% of the time we won!  I even expressed to the studio how much I miss this event but I am not seeing it back yet.  As I mentioned to other players, it's all about the data.  I love it and my team loved it but maybe their data showed a decline.  I have no clue what lies ahead in this game.  I am trying very hard to see the half full glass and hope that they release some really great events soon.  I think they also need to update the game a bit.  They need new blockers and maybe new boosters too.

I actually like that to forgot all about it 
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    Options
    I agree with you guys! It's not fun doing the same challenge over and over again. And competitions like Rocket Race were great because you didn't HAVE to rely on other players to make progress and you could play as long as you wanted.
  • LauraLMason
    Options
    You just picked your rocket and even if it lost there was still a consolation booster!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?