Quests vs MTF which is best - discuss

Comments

• lthompsn11
    lthompsn11 Posts: 2 Newbie
    It is no contest, quests are better on every level.  Many flaws in MTF.  This game used to be enjoyable, now its a bad habit.  
  • Wiggles777
    Wiggles777 Posts: 78 Level 3
    It is no contest, quests are better on every level.  Many flaws in MTF.  This game used to be enjoyable, now its a bad habit.  
    Quests were broken for freemium which is why I bought in when it was good.  Golden tickets with everything for 18hours was awesome for $10.  Now it’s bait.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    @Elsa I can’t believe you are still peddling not banking boosters.  IOS users...  your local save is on the cloud I’ve changed iPads multiple times and haven’t lost a thing.
    How are you able to back up the boosters?  Every player that made changes on a mobile device lost everything.  Maybe it only works on Apple but the majority that write here use Android.  
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Elsa, the game is dying. Tell Xarly not to worry about new events, without the quests. Soda is finished for all decent players. 
    Do you have any idea why they have decided to kill it? 
  • _Elsa_
    Elsa, the game is dying. Tell Xarly not to worry about new events, without the quests. Soda is finished for all decent players. 
    Do you have any idea why they have decided to kill it? 
    Personally I think it's already dead.  Nothing new in the game yet.  Challenges gone except for Bubblegum Hill which I started playing recently.  No new blockers, no new boosters.  Do you play CC Saga?  They have their share of problems too but at least I have seen new blockers to break up the game a bit.

As to why they have decided to kill it - that remains a mystery to me.  I want to say that maybe they are "old school" and don't like change.  I am getting so tired of playing the game mode of trying to get the bears above the string because 90% of the time it's not even close to getting there.  How many times do I have to replay the same level over and over.  The soda bottles for me this weekend is not fun anymore either.  It might have been on Bubblegum Hill that it level was almost out of all moves and I still didn't see that last soda bottle show it.  I had to restart the challenge again but then it did show up.  I hope that the studio team is coming here to read this message too.  It's not even just about Mr. Toffee or the challenges gone, it's the staleness of the game.  That is why I play all 4 candy crush games. 

I almost came here yesterday to the other long message to talk about game addiction.  I'm sure that you have seen enough messages here to see the addiction.  I did some research on gaming addiction and I am waiting to hear from my old professor to see if he wants to do some research on this topic.  Very little is out there on gender and ages.  Older research always says that males more than females are addicted to gaming.  But when it comes to actual Internet addiction and social media addiction then both genders are addicted but for different reasons.  I think I might start a topic here on it.  If I did, would you be responding?  I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on it.
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    For the record, I too prefer the quests. I don't want to start a riot like what happened over in the CCS community with the booster bot, so I'll leave it at that.😊
  • Anne_Martin
    @Elsa
    I had not seen your post here before, but it is a great one.
    I wish Xarly would tell us why. Now there seems to be the squad, another weird idea...
    If Mr Stupid (I know, but I won rewards 3 times and never got anything, So, he really is lousy!) were to work, it would need :-1:
    1/ let us play as  many tasks as we want
    2/make the rewards decent. An hour of free play and a striped are ridiculous.
    3/give the rewards!!!!!!!!!!
    4/take away the insulting part, like "use the hammer 3 times". Too moronic to be true!
    5/no team, each of us plays for himself.
    Then, it could be possible, not liked but just possible.

Yes, I'm totally fed up of the game repeating itself, of the necessity to get a hard and a soft one together for almost every level.
     And to play the same level 100 times is just boring.
    When does the board meet? Mr Kotick has been named one of the most overpaid CEO, now he shows his incompetence too. Maybe the shareholders would have some common sense?
    I don't think there is any addiction, it is just something easy to play. Most games require at least 2 players, it was great to find stuff you could play alone. I'm not crazy about solitaire card games, which were the only possibility until the internet. And you can get tired of reading. 

Good for you to say what you think, not like some other superstars who can only agree with God's will, huh.. ,I meant Activision's.
  • Anne_Martin
    about Xarly, I understand he is caught between a rock and a hard place... But the way he fakes enthusiasm when he writes and never pays attention to what is said is a bit too much. 
    I don't think he is much appreciated lately.

• _Elsa_
    @Anne_Martin that is a great idea!  We should not be in a team.  We should be playing by ourselves.  But then today I saw your message and others about another team thing - the squad.  I really and truly do not understand what is going on over there.  Why put out another team thing when they have one already that the players are not happy with?
  • princesslittlepiddle
    princesslittlepiddle Posts: 25 Level 2
    edited May 2019
    Ok.  Mr toffees fair. 
    IT TOTALLY BLOWS!              
    This is a screenshot of my game and ALL the ticked tiles are mine! It took me THIS MANY TILES to win a meager 30 minutes of wrapped candy and one free switch.   Poo poo prizes!!       
    This photo is proof of gamer frustration.  

MTF.                                                         
    I can’t play more than 2 tiles per day.                
    I have to rely on others to do their share.    
    Prizes suck!  30 min of wrapped candy? Boo!  
    prizes are mostly temporary timed                                         
    game tile must be picked before playing!          

DAILY QUESTS
    I can play until I win my prizes at my own pace
    play alone and still advance faster with no waiting
    prizes are abundant And you get three events to win
    prizes are kept in a prize bank for use anytime 
    the quests advance without selecting which quest to play

This is just all I can think of right now but there are so many more complaints!  I want my quests back.  I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY MR TOFFEES FAIR! And I won’t.  I will not tick a tile to try and win a dinky prize that DOES NOT help me advance in the game.  I just don’t bother to even notice MTF is there.  And I never will.  

Also, just a list of what I really want to see in the game.  Not much:
    1. More Bubble Gum hill.  I NEED to accumulate 6 or more hammers to be able to even play for the week.  
    2.  More free time to play.  30 minutes isn’t enough for my three hour a day commute time. 

I hope this post was clear and understandable.  Thanks Xarly for passing this up the chain! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?