Bug still on 2629 - Reported and Fixed!!!

Answers

• Maureen_Reese
    Maureen_Reese Posts: 2 Newbie
    Yep, happened just the same for me 😢 I burned the last of my power ups but the level just locked up with the spinning liquorice in the middle. 
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    @thayech I'm sorry for the delay on getting back to you!

I can see that you have been able to pass the level which is great 🤗 The game team still haven't found or been able to reproduce this issue so nothing has been done or changed with this level.

@Maureen_Reese, first off welcome to the Community 😉

May I ask how many attempts you have had on this level and which device you're playing on?
  • thayech
    thayech Posts: 5 Level 2
    https://imgur.com/a/mzEqdJz

See if this helps.  The bug would occur any time the four spaces as shown in the video are cleared.
  • E$_2
    E$_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hello!

Same bug happening on my iPhone 7 OS 12.1.4.  I also used a booster to match a color bomb and coloring candy like the original poster so maybe that’s the issue?
    adding a picture here.

thanks!
  • lacroix
    lacroix Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello,
    i received the same problem on Iphone.
    had to end the level twice to get out of the loop.
    Thanks,
  • HaBu
    HaBu Posts: 1 Newbie
    Same issue here.  Cannot pass this round. Is there a fix? 
  • Tuhunter
    Tuhunter Posts: 1 Newbie
    This bug is still ongoing, I have had it happen on two devices. Moto Z Force and a Fire tablet. Frustrating when you can not continue while still having 20 moves left.
  • Joel_R.
    Joel_R. Posts: 10 Level 2
    I, too, am having this issue. Android 7.0 device, latest version of CCSS. I also have CCJS and CCFS on this device.
    I think I see the underlying cause of the problem: the “gravity” for this level appears to be set to a clockwise square, centered around the center square, such that candies and licorice swirls “fall” in the direction of clockwise around the central square: anything on the left side up to but not including the top-left corner of the whole board and the central section “falls” upward, anything above the center including in the central section up to but not including the top right square of both “falls” to the right, anything along the right side down to but not including the bottom right square of both the right and central sections “falls” downward (as usual), and anything in that bottom section to but not including the left-most squares thereof, and including the whole bottom row of the central section, “falls” to the left.
    What apparently was supposed to happen was that the “gravity” of one of the non-corner squares (probably the bottom-middle square of the central 3×3 nine-square section) was supposed to “fall” into the absolute center square, and maybe it does, but only when that square is cleared can anything actually “fall” into it. In its initial setup, the nine squares of the central section consist of four maximum-strength Candy Ice Cube Blocker squares: one each in each square of that section that isn’t a corner or the center square of that section, plus five nearly maximum-strength (just one level shy) Honey Blocker squares in the corner and center squares of the central section. The problem is that all nine blocker squares hide Level 1 Licorice Swirls (the kind that can move).

When you use a Coloring Candy + Color Bomb combo (especially since the starting layout appears to provide the player with that up front, in the bottom two squares of the outer edge of the left section), the Candy Ice Cube Blockers are eliminated entirely, no matter what their level. The Honey Blocker squares are reduced to Level 1 if greater than Level 3 (I believe that’s how it works), and these are greater than Level 3, so they still remain! Result is four “naked” Licorice Swirls in the squares previously occupied by the max-level Candy Ice Cube blockers, meaning the squares that are neither corner nor center, of that central section. If for any reason a single one or as many as three of those Licorice Swirls are destroyed before the now-Level-One Honey Blocker squares are cleared, the remaining Licorice Swirl(s) will be free to move as the gravity tells them to move.
    Unfortunately, with the gravity in a “circle” around the central square (or, rather, a spiral that’s presumably supposed to eventually lead there) but the central square still covered by a Level 1 Honey Blocker with its own Level 1 Licorice Swirl “under” it, there’s nowhere for them to wind up and come to a stop! They just keep on “falling” around the central square, but can never reach it, so the movement never stops, and the game never resumes its normal player input loop, so the player cannot make any further moves nor any input of any kind other than to quit the level.

Proposed kludge fix for just this level:

Reverse the positions of the Honey and Candy Ice Cube blockers in the nine-square 3×3 central section, or at least change the center square from a Honey to a Candy Ice Cube blocker. That should enable the Licorice Swirls freed up by a Color Bomb + Coloring Candy combo to reach the central square and stop moving, though I could foresee scenarios where this could still happen if you just change the center square. Better still, make them all one kind of blocker.

Proposed fix to the underlying issue affecting all of the Candy Crush games:

Allow player input while candies and blockers are still moving from the actions of the previous move. Don’t make us have to wait until everything comes to a complete stop before resuming the input loop. Basically, the input loop should be available at any time, not just when nothing else is happening. I know that some of your competitors such as the Match-3 variant games from Disney (e.g. the Frozen game) do this, and it frankly makes theirs more enjoyable and opens up new strategies.

• Claudius1
    Claudius1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have the same issue playing om an old iPad.. 
  • Dynocamm
    Dynocamm Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hey guys I am also having the same issue with level 2629. I am a bit surprised that it's been an ongoing problem for so long and you guys have not been able to address it 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?