New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    I keep wondering if they are trying to get a new audience, a younger one, less skilled, but if they don't realize the game is not fit for that, they have a big problem!

We all play a lot less, and I hope no one will pay a penny to them. So, the data should show a big decrease, no?
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,657 Community Manager
    Some of you guys have a the Soda Squad feature?! Lucky you 😀

I can confirm that this is a new feature which is currently being tested and there is supposed to be a timer on it so if it has disappeared from your game, it's because the time has run out. I'm not sure when it should be back so keep an eye on the game 👀

• Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    I had the soda squad yesterday but when I signed in today, it was gone. @QueenB I saw the timer but it said I had 13 days and some hours (can’t remember the number). How does 13 days run out in less than 24 hours?
  • QueenB
    Hmm interesting.... 🤔 Let me pass this on to the studio and check if they decided to remove it.

Thanks for sharing this by the way 😉 
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Thanks. And no problem 
  • Birdgirl
    Birdgirl Posts: 26 Level 2
    @candysodacrusher, that is very interesting about King saying they were moving toward more player interaction.  While I understand interactive play is popular, it seems to me Soda isn't that type of game.  If I wanted to play with other players, that is the type of game I would have chosen initially.  I would never have started playing this game if it required cooperation between players, especially when there is not method to communicate or remove a player who is not participating.   And, does King really think adding something like MTF will incentivise younger players?  Really?  If it isn't fun, it isn't fun no matter who you are.  If game interaction between players is the goal, then stop trying to make a game that wasn't designed for that type of play, revert it back the way it was and design something new with interactivity as a basic requirement.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    @QueenB yesterday I had the squad too, indeed showed for 13 days but yesterday 8 hours later it was gone. My team was already collecting the points so we’ve lost them?
  • QueenB
    @Jami_Fagala I'm back 😉

As this feature is still in early days of testing, it's possible that if it needs to be changed or improved, it might be removed from the game temporarily

In this case it has been removed so they can work on it, but they don't know when it will be released back just yet. I recommend keeping an eye on the game so you don't miss out on it.

Hope this clears out any doubts!
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    @QueenB
    when do they remove Mr Stupid? 
    You know, we don't want teams or squads, especially picked up by the game. I play alone, and the only interaction is to ask for and give lives. 
    On MTF, my team blocks a line or two, sometimes ticks one spot in a week, and bother me a lot. I don't know them, they don't care, I'd be much better alone. It is a catastrophe and the squad won't be much better.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    @Anne_Martin, did you forget that I changed him to Mr. T?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?