🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000

Any Star Wars fans around? Share your thoughts & theories! (Spoilers inside)

2»

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    You think it'll happen @Crimson_Dawn ? I truly hope it doesn't! They already got rid of an icon in Solo, Yoda and Luke to name only three. If they take Chewy as well, we won't be having any of the old legends there anymore!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Well, @Xarly, Yoda was already dead in Episode VI before Luke gave himself up to Vader. The only old character that would be left is Leia (which they're gonna have to kill somehow because Carrie Fisher died), Chewie, C3PO, and R2D2. They've already killed some popular characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed a few more. By the way, @mercerik, I love the GIFs!
  • Xarly
    Well, @Xarly, Yoda was already dead in Episode VI before Luke gave himself up to Vader. The only old character that would be left is Leia (which they're gonna have to kill somehow because Carrie Fisher died), Chewie, C3PO, and R2D2. They've already killed some popular characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed a few more. By the way, @mercerik, I love the GIFs!
    True about Leia! (Although CGI lately is getting even better, I doubt it's good enough to keep her around without Carrie Fisher.

Maybe they are just trying to create new ones now for the younger generations? I think Rey is definitely a character that can be solid enough to stay for many years to come. I hope so at least!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    @Xarly and @mercerik, I have some Star Wars news! You've probably already heard this, but episode X is set for 2022! 
    I agree, @Xarly, Rey could stay around for awhile. I like Kylo Ren too, but I like him better with his mask on! With the mask, he's much more intimidating. 
  • Xarly
    No I did not, but this s great news! Thanks for sharing @Crimson_Dawn! This means there will be like a bit more of 2 years between one and the other, right?

As far as I remember, it's December this year that episode 9 will see the light, right?
  • Crimson_Dawn
    That's correct, @Xarly! I'll more than likely be at the theatre on opening night. The year The Force Awakens came out, a friend of mine managed to get tickets to a showing the night before opening night! We've been going to the new movies on opening night ever since!
  • Xarly
    That's such a cool tradition, @Crimson_Dawn! I wish I had one like that, although like, with all traditions, it's just a matter of getting started!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Unfortunately, the tradition will have to take a break for a few years. No movies between years 2020 and 2022😢
  • Ashraf
    Ashraf Posts: 8,495 Sweet Legend
  • Katana
    Katana Posts: 597 Level 5

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?