New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Bonbon2
    Bonbon2 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Bricorn said:
    OK, I've approached Toffee with an open mind - only got it yesterday.
    I was thinking that it wasn't too bad, then I hit the "only 2 tiles per day" bit. 

What.  The.  Actual.  F***. 
    How are we supposed to build up boosters with that restriction?   If you have a good day and get through a lot of levels, you're going to use more boosters than you earn - and if you get stuck with 2 partners who aren't helping for some reason, you can't even take up the slack!

IMO, this is a failure, please either kill it completely, or at least remove that 2 tiles a day bit.
    I have been waiting for my team to play tiles for 8 days, this is not a good game anymore. I think i will uninstall it as no one has answered me.
  • aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited February 2020

Hi Xarly,  This is not a personal comment, as I've no idea who you are or what your motivations are.  I've read the few and far between responses you've posted since I've become involved with protesting the huge and upsetting changes King has made to CCS, and I'm sorry but you nor any other reps I know of from the company have addressed a darned thing thousands of us are complaining about.  I haven't a clue what the :soda squad " is but if it's my Toffee Freak Team(s) I certainly have tried it and have had the same problems everyone else I've read is having. The team has consistently stopped me from completing the quests, almost as much as King has by creating tasks only filled by buying boosters.  Does it make sense to buy 4 boosts only to win 1?  I agree there's no need to get rude with others but the point is we are so frustrated and disappointed that we aren't being heard that the anger is coming out in the only way you give us....with our words..... which we feel more surely each day are being ignored.  Mr. Toffee is an imaginary animated drawing and if Anne calls him stupid it has nothing to do with someone else's nephew with disabilities, it has to do with you all not listening to your very devoted customer base.  I've read no less than a couple of hundred real complaints about why we miss the game as it was, and mostly they reflect the same way I feel.  We are not a bunch of whiners that just like to spend our time writing detailed (...), we're trying to tell you how truly horrible we feel over these changes and why we feel that way.  Do you really think when the "glitches" get fixed it is going to change what you are hearing?  No one is asking King to fix Mr. Toffee's kinks,  We want the old quests back that each of us individually enjoy chasing after for crazy amounts of hours, and we are telling King in no uncertain terms that the changes have taken away our fun and our reasons for playing so faithfully.  ANd we are soooo addicted that hundreds and hundreds of players are begging King to give us back what we loved,  that we do not love the game now.  So is someone ever going to address your player base and  say what the plan is for real???  Explain the reasons and then sell the ideas one way or another, and stop spewing B.S. about how the studio is busy perfecting and adjusting and that you appreciate our input, BUT.....  Again please know this is not about you personally but I hate the thought of reading another of your meaningless, answerless posts about exciting things to come which never even touch on our comments, and then end with that happy, perky "CHEERS".  If you are supposed to be the community advocate then try to get someone to hear us and address our concerns.  Please also communicate with management  that as a former  journalist I really think this would make a great and surprising human interest story.   "Candy Crush Fanatics Revolt Against Software Billionaires" would make a catching headline or news tease I guarantee you.

O.K. I have tried my best and spent enough time with all of this silliness over a computer game.  You can give my badges to the CFO or whichever sadistic millionaire will enjoy it as a trophy of their greed and success.   Good luck to you Xarly, I don't know how you do it.

Andrea Wells

• Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    true and great post, aniwells.
    My teammates take a square and do nothing... This is not a team game, or it has never been. 
    The squad is built around the same wrong idea.
    Yesterday, I played a game not to go back to the beginning for bonuses, and stopped. Why play when it is no fun?
    Calling Mr Toffee stupid has nothing to do with disabilities, but a lot with the lack of answers from Activision. 
    I detest the fake enthusiasm Xarly shows, I would not call him stupid as I don't insult people, though, and I know it is not his fault.
    @Yosca, I would never have called the presents "chests". But it does not change anything. The story gets to be the old one about the billionaire, asked how he got his fortune.
     "I started at 12, selling apples, putting every cent I made away, and when I was 18, I had saved 1000 bucks." 
    "Great, said the journalist, and then?"
    "Then, my grandfather died and left me 10 billion."

Exactly the same idea... With MTF, you can get a bonus every 2 days... not 3 or 4 that last a couple of hours!
    The squad will flunk for the same reasons. Plus the 500 points, or 800 are huge if you get one point per level. I had it for an hour, and did not look too much. 

Only the boosters through the quests will make us in peace with you.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Needed my first cup of coffee to take this in! Even though I have enjoyed getting to know some of you through this thread, I'm starting to think I have wasted time trying to post my thoughts and come up with ideas that will probably be ignored by anyone beyond the community.
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    I'm afraid we all feel the same! it is totally discouraging! 
  • aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    Hey, y'all will be as happy as I am to know that even with my last crack about giving my badges to the CFO, the only response I got was that I earned an insightful badge!!  Talking about not listening to what we are saying.  I thought I might get censored or something, but instead I earned the asshole award for still thinking they might possibly care what their end users think.  I am trying to break the habit cuz it really isn't fun anymore, but I keep going back (just in case they decided to finally listen) LOL  I miss my happily wasted time and the stupid boosters that became my real challenge!! What part of NO FUN are they not hearing?  Be well all you big mouthed revolutionaries.  Ani
  • LauraLMason
    Every so often I look at Sodas facebook page and today saw something discouraging. 2 advertisements for Mr Toffee with all the bs! They are so false they are almost funny! None of the comments are positive and all ask for quests back. There are also over 100 angry face emojis! They don't seem to pay attention to facebook either. I have never seen a positive comment there either.
  • KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    @LauraLMason - I just wanted to quickly say it would be a shame to lose a fellow player like you. I understand the frustration. I sincerely appreciated you at least offering up suggestions for improving the game and trying to make the best of a difficult situation. Thank you for that 🙏🏻
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    King may not be listening to us about our displeasure with toffee and basically taking away all opportunities to earn boosters but someone else is. Two out of the 4 games I play have created new features to help the player earn coins and/or boosters in the last week. And I mean real features that actually help and work. Maybe king should pay attention to that because there are a lot of other games out there that would be happy to take in their unhappy players. Just a thought. 
  • LauraLMason
    edited May 2019
    @Foley1362 I appreciate that. I'm not totally gone but feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over again. The more I have tried to stress that team features don't work very well the more determined they are to keep forcing it. No one likes Mr Toffee but continues to be advertised as the greatest thing ever! Quests were probably giving away too much. By offering lousy rewards and the team features taking a long time to complete the marketing strategy forces players to purchase booster packages. I hope this will change because I have enjoyed this game over the last few years and would hate to have to quit or delete.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?