New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
     I have been playing Soda for about four years.  It takes a lot of creativity on the part of the developers to create a game that can hold a players interest for such a long period of time.  Kudos to the development team for that.  Even when I’d get stuck on a level for many days, or perhaps even weeks (yes, weeks) there was always something to play for:  Bubblegum Hill, the daily bonus, Rainbow Road, the treasure chests, or gifts on the map or whatever you want to call them, and the quests.  Between Bubblegum Hill and the quests, I was always able to build up enough boosters to make it through to the next level.  There was even a time when I had completed all the available levels and would anxiously await updates with new levels.  I would go back to level one and play to see how far I could get without losing a life.  It was FUN!  

Then came Mr. Toffee’s Fair.  It didn’t take long to see the obvious problems (which have been enumerated over 68 pages of posts on this board alone) with this event.  It didn’t take long to realize that this event was a not so subtle encouragement to force players into buying boosters.  

We we keep hearing that “data” is been analyzed by the developers.  Fair enough.  But anyone who has worked with “data” knows that data can be manipulated to show what you want it to show.  So the question becomes, what data is most important?  Data that shows how much time players spend on the game?  Data that shows the number of players purchasing boosters?  Data the shows the number of players actively participating in MTF?  Data that shows changes in player behavior?  

My own “data analysis” show that I spend less time playing since MTF.  I don’t advance levels as quickly as I did when I had the opportunity to earn boosters with the quests.  My “player satisfaction” level is dropping daily.  The only good thing I have to say about MTF is that it brought me to this board which has provided more entertainment value than the game itself in the past several weeks.  For that I thank my fellow posters!  

Every now and again businesses make poor decisions about products.  How they react to those decisions is critical to future success.  When is King going to recognize that MTF is a complete and utter failure?

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    Every now and again businesses make poor decisions about products.  How they react to those decisions is critical to future success.  When is King going to recognize that MTF is a complete and utter failure?

And there's the question.

All businesses try new things to enhance their market share and hence profits.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  When they have a negative effect, you pull them, simple as that.  Unless King sees something we don't - and there are people posting here from all corners of the world and all walks of life - it's way past the time when most businesses would have pulled an unpopular change. 

Come on King, wake up. admit you made a mistake and pull this, we'll respect you more for it.
  • aniwells
    aniwells Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options
    Hey, y'all will be as happy as I am to know that even with my last crack about giving my badges to the CFO, the only response I got was that I earned an insightful badge!!  Talking about not listening to what we are saying.  I thought I might get censored or something, but instead I earned the asshole award for still thinking they might possibly care what their end users think.  I am trying to break the habit cuz it really isn't fun anymore, but I keep going back (just in case they decided to finally listen) LOL  I miss my happily wasted time and the stupid boosters that became my real challenge!! What part of NO FUN are they not hearing?  Be well all you big mouthed revolutionaries.
  • bigbangtoo
    bigbangtoo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Toffee fair is horrible, there are players which I think is candy crush bots deliberately blocking spaces so real players are forced to pay special boosters. Also if manage to complete the board always get a wrapped candy that never gets credited, please just stop toffee fair Andy bring back old challenges 
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    does someone know how the board from MTFmoves from day to day?
    Actually, when you rake away the lines or columns asking you to use whatever, not many possinilities left.The other day, I had 3 squares ticked, in line, and the next morning, they had moved anywhere on the board.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    I have never seen that before but I have seen a seperate tile get check marked and the other 2 players remain on the same tiles. Maybe Mr Toffee has a ghost! The Ghost of Toffee. Sorry, I couldn't help it!
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    [...] 
    Stuck on a super hard, I don't even want to play it. So I used. my free time on MTF. That is how I noticed it.
    (Edited by CM: Off-Topic)
  • Graeme_London
    Graeme_London Posts: 96 Level 3
    Options
    Yet again I'm the only one playing the board wish king would allow us change teammates for some that accutly play the game
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Once I get to the point of completing 3 or 4 tiles and the others haven't done anything I quit. The rewards aren't worth wasting any more of my time on. 

• Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    Options

Ok.. this person has hogged this tile for 3 days now.. the challenge was to USE A LOLLIPOP! How hard is that?!!! 

Come on @xarly. Is this not enough proof?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?