Who changed the fish behavior?

DreamDancer
DreamDancer Posts: 286 Level 3
Fish used to be horrible creatures to play with before, but now they are despicable to watch in action.

Case in point, on one level, I had ONE ice to clear to finish the level.
I got a fish next to a popcorn ball.
I did the matchup and got myself a LOT of fish, I would say that at this point, easily 1/4 of the board was the same color as the fish.
A board is 9x9 for a total of 81 squares so I got about at least 20 fish.

NOT ONE OF THEM TARGETED THE LAST REMAINING ICE LIKE THEY WAS DOING THE WHOLE REST OF THE ROUND.

Someone seriously messing with us on this.

Comments

• Hooky
    Hooky Posts: 136 Level 3
    I completely agree. The Fish seem to land deliberately on the wrong tile. It's so frustrating.!! 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Hi @DreamDancer and @Hooky, are those fish misbehaving again?  I haven't seen complaints lately about the fish but maybe it's something new starting.  I will keep my eyes open here in the next few days to see if others complain about this.  I gave up on the fish a long time ago because of what you are saying!  If I need one tile to clear I just use the lollipop. 
  • DreamDancer
    DreamDancer Posts: 286 Level 3
    Candy Crush Jelly fish suffer the same inane behavior.
    Level 950.
    Fish would target X, unless there was no X, in which case it would go after Y, unless going after Y would deliver a Monkling, which case the fish would go after an arbitrary Z.
    >:)
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    In My Humble Opinion: fish should NEVER hit a Coloring Candy or Color Bomb. Mine always do this to me and it sabotages the entire board. I have also noticed they don't go for the intended targets, especially if there is licorice on the board. For example: if I have a candy blocking the path to the candy string for a soda bear, it will always hit a licorice off to the side rather then hit the offending candy.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Oh, the fish are terrible! I have fallen victim to the very same scenarios you all described here. :angry: This feature needs to be improved!
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    fish have patterns, they like licorice best, bit the way they aim to burst my color bomb is new.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Also, if you are doing a jam level it is best to combine them first without jam to hit ice and other blockers. Otherwise once they are covered with jam they will not aim for those areas again until the rest of the uncovered tiles are filled. Even so, they may go for licorice first so it is best to keep it at a minimum. 
  • Hooky
    Hooky Posts: 136 Level 3
    I've virtually given up playing.!! I've noticed you only have 1 block to lose or colour in..!! The game almost cheats so you lose.!! Then you get a pop up wanting you to buy more lives or bonuses...
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    I just play not to lose the daily bonus, except if I'm on a winning streak. No boosters left, no fun either. The game, and all the ones from Activision is now so rigged it is a catastrophe. Sad...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?