New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Pummy Raj said:
    Hello @Xarly

This sounds just like the feature in Diamond Digger Saga game.  I have it from about past 2 months... so it was 4 challenges, and currently I am on the 5th one.....not one of my favorite features.  But the Boosters we receive after finishing the last task are the great ones!!  

Sorry for being negative about this feature... but I am not sure how successful this would be!!  The problem with this feature --
    First of all, all the team members do not play and participate in the challenge;
    Out of 4 players, either 1 or 2 will play and hence, we cannot even finish the first task of collecting the minimum points -- with this the Challenge will be failed.

This is what's happening in the "Toffee Fair" too!!  Out of 3 players' team, only 1 person will be doing the tasks and the other 2 players will be idle.  But, until we check a whole row/column, we will not receive a new board!!!  

If ONLY "the Timer" is reversed....  Mr.Toffee has a time limit of 48 hours and this new challenge does not have a time limit!!! 

Not to criticize.... but just sharing my thoughts 🙏🏻
    Hi @Pummy Raj,

I understand your concerns, but I encourage you to wait and see the feature. As mentioned in the original post, here there is a time frame, and if, on your first iteration, you were active but others weren't, in your team, for the next event, you will be placed with others that also were active (meaning they also accumulated a good amount of points).

There is a time limit, to sum it up, so I would just encourage you to wait and see, once you have it :smile:.

In regards to the points, it is indeed similar to what @Pummy Raj m"Pummy Raj"

Thank you all for your comments, looking forward to your feedback along the way!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Xarly said:
    Pummy Raj said:
    Hello @Xarly

This sounds just like the feature in Diamond Digger Saga game.  I have it from about past 2 months... so it was 4 challenges, and currently I am on the 5th one.....not one of my favorite features.  But the Boosters we receive after finishing the last task are the great ones!!  

Sorry for being negative about this feature... but I am not sure how successful this would be!!  The problem with this feature --
    First of all, all the team members do not play and participate in the challenge;
    Out of 4 players, either 1 or 2 will play and hence, we cannot even finish the first task of collecting the minimum points -- with this the Challenge will be failed.

This is what's happening in the "Toffee Fair" too!!  Out of 3 players' team, only 1 person will be doing the tasks and the other 2 players will be idle.  But, until we check a whole row/column, we will not receive a new board!!!  

If ONLY "the Timer" is reversed....  Mr.Toffee has a time limit of 48 hours and this new challenge does not have a time limit!!! 

Not to criticize.... but just sharing my thoughts 🙏🏻
    Hi @Pummy Raj,

I understand your concerns, but I encourage you to wait and see the feature. As mentioned in the original post, here there is a time frame, and if, on your first iteration, you were active but others weren't, in your team, for the next event, you will be placed with others that also were active (meaning they also accumulated a good amount of points).

There is a time limit, to sum it up, so I would just encourage you to wait and see, once you have it :smile:.

In regards to the points, it is indeed similar to what @Pummy Raj m"Pummy Raj"

Thank you all for your comments, looking forward to your feedback along the way!

Cheers,
    Xarly
    @Xarly, what part of “we don’t want to be part of a team” does the studio not understand?  If you need a refresher, please re-read the MTF thread in its entirety.  All of us players want the quests unilaterally.
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    @ Xarly, the feedback is already here. WE DON'T WANT ANY TEAM GAME. We will hate the squad as much as MTF. 
    Could you at least read what we write? You never answer, I wrote about bad bugs, not a word,  wrote about what we want, or would like, no answer. 
    This is a dictatorship, nothing else.
    Here about the bug, or one of them:

my boosters (double fish, etc...) get black, or the place where you see them is. It seems they can be used though, if you know which place to click on as you only see black little circles. It has happened several times, and goes away -so far after a while. Today, when it went back to normal, I noticed my black balls have gone from 18 to 9, though I only used one. Since the disappearance of the quests, I only use them with a lot of caution and know how many are left. I'm quite upset. Can something be done? Thank you.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Why am I always the last one to get new stuff?! 
    I haven't seen it either.
  • Leentje
    Leentje Posts: 6 Level 2
    I do not like team things, you have to wait ages for anything... Bad idea!!! Let me play by myself please

• joannachan924
    joannachan924 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I haven’t get this new feature!
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Soda Squad arrived in my game yesterday.  Too soon for me to pass judgment, but I have a few initial thoughts and observations to share.  
    Thus far, three of my five teammates have managed to earn at least one point.  We have a total of 7 out of 800 points needed for the final prize and 14 days in which to accomplish that.  I’ve earned one point for playing daily and 3 points for passing a level with three stars.  
    Don’t know exactly what we are playing for yet, other than three treasure chests of increasing size.  Can’t tell exactly how many points is needed for each chest.  
    I realize past performance is not always an indicator of future performance, but using my past performance and a little math, here’s what I’ve come up with:
    800 points divided by 5 players is 160 points per player, assuming all contribute equally.
    One player can earn 14 points by playing daily.  That means a player needs to earn 146 points by completing levels and episodes.  
    On May 16 I posted in the Mr. Toffee discussion that I was on level 2677.  (12 days ago).  Since then I have completed 12 levels, including one episode.  In those 12 episodes, I’ve earned a total of 28 stars.  I think the 12 days and 12 episodes is coincidental as I’ve been stuck for multiple days on several levels.  But, if those 12 days counted toward Soda Squad, I would have earned a total of 40 points, plus the unknown of what completing an episode is worth, toward the 160 points I would need to “contribute equally” to the final goal.  With two days left to play.  If the others on my team had similar experiences, that would only put us a quarter of the way to the final goal of 800 points.  Not sure whether that would be enough to open any of the chests.  

As as I said, I’m not drawing any conclusions yet...
  • candysodacrusher
    Update:  I just passed a level and received two stars, but only one point.  Is this a bug or am I incorrect in thinking it is one star for one point?
  • candysodacrusher
    Ignore my update.  I think it did give me two points.  Sorry about that.  
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
     Hey @candysodacrusher,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and impressions thus far! We want players to find out by playing but I can already give you some hints: the difficulty of the levels will also affect how many points you get from them (and you are right, the stars also have an impact :wink:). Also, remember that ending an episode will also give quite some points.

Regarding the rewards, each chest is obviously different, depending on the milestone, but you will be able to check those rewards as you progress (and please do come and let us know your feedback!).

And in terms of your team, I think it's important to know that, in order to keep our players happy, if a team manages to complete the event within the 14 days, the team will be able to remain together. If your team fails to get the last prize within the time of the event, you will be rematched accordingly (meaning that if you were active, you will be placed with other equally active players the next time).

I hope this information helped! Again, please come and let us know your impressions as you and your team progress :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?