Language setting

Options
Annylien
Annylien Posts: 3 Newbie
I have been playing this fun and remarkable game for years and still enjoying very much! But all of a sudden this morning the language has been changed to Chinese instead of English that I am used to.   How can I change it back?

Answers

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey @Annylien,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We love hearing back from our players, so welcome and please don't stop sharing your thoughts with us :smile:.

This is strange, can you let us know which device you play on? The game will usually pick the language your device is on, but we would need to know a bit more in order to help you out.

Cheers!
    Xarly
  • Annylien
    Options
    Hi, Xarly,

It’s good to have received such a prompt reply from your end. The device I am using is IPhone 7+ (IOS).

In all the years I have been playing the setting is always in English....but got changed this morning.   It would be great if you could help me to switch the setting back to English.  Thanks!

Best regards
    Anny Lien
  • khchaushirley
    khchaushirley Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    The playing setting been English all these years, but suddenly change to Chinese! I want to shift back to English setting,can you help!!
  • khchaushirley
    khchaushirley Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    English Language is preferred
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Annylien and @khchaushirley ,

Thanks for your feedback! We always try to be as fast and good as possible for our players here.

There are three scenarios here that we need to tackle:

1. Your phone is in Chinese. If that's the case, you need to change the language of your phone.
    2. Your App Store is in Chinese. In that case, you need to figure it out with the App Store team.
    3. If neither of these cases happen and Candy Crush Soda Saga is the only thing in Chinese on your phone, then you will have to re-install the game. Make sure before doing that you make a screenshot with your current boosters and Gold Bars and I will go myself and add them to your account again once you re-install.
    Hopefully the case is number 1 or 2, which would be the easiest way to get you back to playing in English.

Cheers!
    Xarly
  • Annylien
    Options
    Dear Xarly,

After changing the language setting to English, problem solved.  But still wonder how come all of a sudden the language of this game has been changed to Chinese even though I did not change any setting for years.

Best regards
    Anny Lien

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?