New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    @Anne_Martin Play level 1 800 times and win the mother lode treasure chest!  Not a bad idea...😉
    If I wanted to do that, how would I GET to level 1?  I don't fancy scrolling back through 3000 levels!
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,866 Soda Moderator
    @Bricorn at the top you see a kind of gate on the right. Open it, than scroll down, much easier than scrolling through each level.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    One positive thing I can say about the soda squad is that everyone on my team is contributing. So it looks like they have done a better job of matching players that are actually playing. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,866 Soda Moderator
    Not in my team. 3 active, including myself. 1 only logs in and 1 do nothing, still has 0 points.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Thank you all for your feedback and for sharing with each other your knowledge as you play the feature for the first time (that's what Communities are about :smile:). I will now answer some of the points I have seen across your comments:
    That is a lot of work for 1 booster.  Since the other levels will be much more difficult to achieve  hopefully they are more than timed boosters. I wish timed boosters could be stored and used when you are ready like other boosters. Often if I get one I don't have time right then to use it all and it is wasted.

Great and valuable insight, @LauraLMason. If you can submit this as an idea and (hopefully) get upvotes on it from the Community, it really helps us bring it on to the studio and prove the value of it. These things take time, effort and planning so, showing this is a great interest to the community is key in order for us to be able to push for it in your behalf.Yosca said:
    If I understand correctly, there are various rewards? My team and @Jami_Fagala won 30 minutes of fish. But your team @Anne_Martin won 30 minutes of striped candy?
    Indeed! This is what I mean with a great example of sharing and learning together. Regarding you providing all the points, @candysodacrusher , this should be fixed with placing you in a stronger team in future iterations of the Soda Squad.

One positive thing I can say about the soda squad is that everyone on my team is contributing. So it looks like they have done a better job of matching players that are actually playing. 

Happy to hear so! As mentioned above and previously, matching members should get better as we progress, as it will match you with players that contribute and are active, if you are as well.

Hope that made sense! Thank you all for your feedback and please keep it coming :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    This idea is a total flop! I am the only one contributing... Pls remove this..
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Okay, so I just completed today’s episode and have the results.  I started at 69 points and ended at 137.  This means that from playing the new levels I got 68 points(one of which is just the daily login point) and missed only 8 possible stars which is well above my average looking at the recent episode tallies.  My “reward” for getting to 120 was 30 minutes of the coloring candy which I had already gotten via rainbow road and the chests on the map itself which will only serve to make one more run through BGH a little faster.  This amount of points is not nearly enough to get the required 800 in two weeks even *IF* the “teammates” contributed as much as I do.  I still have two “teammates” with a single point combined.

@Xarly why does the studio insist on “team” play?  You mentioned above to write in the ideas forum and with enough upvotes maybe said idea would get implemented yet the MTF thread has 71 pages of negativity and still the Farce goes on.  “Team” play in a single player game makes no sense at all and is clearly an overwhelmingly unwanted feature.  
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    well, my squad reached the second chest. Luxury, you know: 1/2h of striped and 1/2h of fish. Hard to give less, no? 
    So far, totally useless.
    What a mess!
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    I got 130 points, then 2 teammates got around 80 each, and 2 lousy ones with not much. I wanted to reach the second chest, so I played the early levels to get the 15 points that were missing. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    well, my squad reached the second chest. Luxury, you know: 1/2h of striped and 1/2h of fish. Hard to give less, no? 
    So far, totally useless.
    What a mess!
    That’s all you got for the second “prize”!?  That’s absolutely pathetic and nothing that any of us want.  What’s the “grand” prize going to be, a half hour of fish and both the useless wrapped and striped?  It truly does seem as if King wants people to quit this game based on their complete disregard for player feedback.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?