New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• YoscaYosca Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    I totally agree with you @LizzyLemondrop. Because we no longer have quests, we no longer have any possibility to get the normal boosters. I would like to suggest to King that we make a choice ourselves when you log in, whether you want to play in a team or individually. As long as we do not get normal boosters, you are obliged to buy them. If you don't do that, you often stay stuck on a level for a long time. If the quests don't come back, although some still have them, give us normal boosters with the other features. The candies have no value at all, just leave them out. I have a lot more interest in the striped lolly hammers and the swiping hands.
  • marscrushinitmarscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Legend
    I agree @Yosca as I can make my own stripped and wrapped candies. I would much rather have the hand or lollis and not just timed boosters as some can't use them. That or make it so we can bank our timed boosters to use when needed or have enough levels to play 

Keep crushing it 🍭
  • LauraLMasonLauraLMason Posts: 294 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone reads the Ideas section, I put together something for saving timed boosters. Give it a vote and maybe it will get some additional  attention!
  • sunshinesuryasunshinesurya Posts: 2
    Yosca said:
    So, my team made it to the 3rd box. Reward 1 lollipop hammer, 30 minutes wrapped candy and 30 minutes soft ball. The 1st box was 30 minutes of double fish, 2nd box 30 minutes of double fish and 30 minutes of the colored ball. In my team 1 other person and I got the most points (at least 600 points). 1 Mate had 0 points. Personally, I don't like the rewards. Especially when I compare the boxes, the reward of the 3rd box is far too little. They are only time-related boosters, which I think is unfortunate.. You can only use them directly, so I have no use, because I am at the highest level. It would be much better if you can collect these boosters for later use. A new team has now been formed, but they are the same players. That means that 1 does nothing at all 🤨. In summary, team play is only possible if everyone participates, rewards are too low, and I  prefer boosters that you can store. Make the squad attractive to those at the highest level because we can only collect the most points at new levels, and time boosters are of no use if there are no new levels.
    Are you kidding me? Just one lollipop hammer!!? I don't even care about the timed stuff, they are useless.
    This means there's no other way to win colorbombs or the other colouring candy unless you're willing to buy them!

My squad has been working very hard to reach the third box (we're at 700+ points) Looks like I am not even going to bother playing this game anymore. This truly sucks! Bring back the daily quests!!!
  • marscrushinitmarscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Legend
    edited June 5
    Thanks @LauraLMason . I already commented and voted on your idea ( I think more than 1 idea actually lol ) but thanks for going to the idea section and creating an option for us to vote for what we want . Yes here we discuss what we want but by giving the option to vote on idea your giving people the choice to really express what they want . If we could get as many votes as comments maybe things would be put into action. Thanks for being proactive in the community 😊

Keep crushing it 🍭
  • BeckyBubblegumBeckyBubblegum Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    This means there's no other way to win colorbombs or the other colouring candy unless you're willing to buy them!
    I have noticed this trend as well and it is very disheartening to say the least. You simply can not win these levels without the help of at least one of these boosters.
    I agree with everyone that team events wouldn't be so bad if the quests were still available.
  • XarlyXarly Posts: 2,056 Community Manager
    If anyone reads the Ideas section, I put together something for saving timed boosters. Give it a vote and maybe it will get some additional  attention!
    Hey all,

Wanted to thank you for your feedback and emphasize @LauraLMason's point. If the Community gets together to share an Idea, an opinion or agrees on a point, it makes the point much easier to share this with the team in a more solid way.

Hope that made sense! I am taking a note and will share with the team your thoughts about saving timed boosters with them but, again, the stronger the feedback, the easier it is to convey and send that message across :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• bullywoolybullywooly Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    Why can’t everybody have  the soda squad,how long have we got to wait before we can try it, don’t understand why some get it and others like me don’t?
  • XarlyXarly Posts: 2,056 Community Manager
    Why can’t everybody have  the soda squad,how long have we got to wait before we can try it, don’t understand why some get it and others like me don’t?
    Sorry I didn't answer your question before, @bullywooly. In order to make sure our games provide a good experience for everyone out there, we often bring features at early stages to only a certain amount of players. If the feature receives positive feedback or if performance wise it's working as intended (without bugs and so on) then the usual next step is to roll it out to everyone else out there. This is how it's been on Soda since the beginning, but I understand it might not be ideal for some or might be confusing.

I hope that answer helped!

Cheers,
    Xarly 

• disappointedbykingdisappointedbyking Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    how can it be that a company in the video game business for years needs time, Xarly? I don't like the squad, I wish the quests would come back.
  • Dirty_NurseDirty_Nurse Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭
    how can it be that a company in the video game business for years needs time, Xarly? I don't like the squad, I wish the quests would come back.
    This feature is awful, as is the Farce.  My “prize” for reaching the second milestone of 320?  Half an hour of the useless stripe and one singular hammer.  

When will King get it through their thick skulls that nobody wants “team” play in a single-player game?  After 73 pages of purely negative feedback here on the forum about the Farce, and 8 in this thread about the Subpar squad(not to mention all of the other sites), it still persists somehow.  
  • KathyrnnKathyrnn Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Dear King.  I will be back to post this directly on your fan page.
    Thank you so much for breaking my addiction to Candy Crush Soda! Now that the Quests are gone and we have Mr. Toffee, you managed to suck all the fun out of this game.  Mr. Toffee is a special joy.  I especially appreciate only being able to do 2 tasks a day, and that you gave me co-players who don't play at all! I am back for awhile...but that's only so I can collect the names of all your advertisers.  Then I can post a list so all your unhappy players can notify them.  Consider it a public service:  I'm sure your advertisers will want to know how many players are leaving the game because of your management skills.  I'm sure they don't want to waste their advertising dollars on a game people are dumping because of your actions.  I'm sure there are many more games out there that will give them a bigger bang for the money they spend!  Stay tuned fellow players.  I will be back with a list that makes it easy to contact the advertisers.
  • disappointedbykingdisappointedbyking Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    @Dirty_Nurse and Kathyrnn, I came here to try and understand the changes in the game, but no success so far. It is not much fun anymore...The teams don't work, the 2 tasks a day on MTF kill the idea. The game I liked is gone.

• HockyckoHockycko Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    The words of the joker "Why so Serious?!" If I was this upset over a game I would just stop playing it... 
  • LizzyLemondropLizzyLemondrop Posts: 305 Superstar
    edited June 7
    I posted my suggestion in the Ideas section so people can vote on it (as soon as it is approved).
    Please Vote here for adding a 500 point Treasure Chest to Soda Squad! Thanks.

🎀NEW community survey - Please help us make the Community even better🎀