New Feature: Soda Squad

Options

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
    I am curious about something.  In @Xarly’s into to this feature, the screen shot shows 400 points to open the final treasure chest.  From the postings, it seems that everyone needs 800 points.  So, was the event changed, or do different squads have different point goals?
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Good question! Maybe it was just part of the advertisement. However, I do think either the final goal should be less or there should be another reward chest between 320 and 800. That's a long way to go if you don't  have all players contributing a lot of points. As of now my team has 381. 2 of  us have contributed 311 points. 2 others the rest and 1 still at 0. I don't think we will be seeing 800!
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
    @LauraLMason I don’t think my team is going to make it either.  We have almost 600 points, but my point total is more than the other 4 combined.  I’m not willing to put the extra work in to make the goal so I can keep this team, and the rewards certainly aren’t worth the extra effort.  (At least from the one report we had.). 
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I'm afraid the only and very boring way to make it is to go back to level 1 and spend an hour getting points. Or has anyone succeeded the regular way?
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    For some reason my Idea has not been posted up yet. It was called: Improve rewards or bring back Quests. @Xarly do you know if my Idea is still being approved?
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    Options
    Hi @LizzyLemondrop. This has happened to me before and I had to repost. I was looking for your idea to vote on too so glad you brought this up. I think they are out of the office over the weekend but if you can't repost he should get back to you on Monday. If you are able to repost please share so we know when we can vote 😁
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,142 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My team passed the second box again. Instead of the first time that I and my team passed the second box, we have now received a different reward. At first I got 30 minutes of striped candy and 30 minutes of soft ball. I took the throne from BGH and got 30 minutes of coloring ball and 30 minutes of double fish. And now I accidentally logged out, I got a new reward 30 minutes soft ball and 30 minutes double fish... 

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,142 Soda Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Did it again, log out and in, and got a new reward..

Update: I was completely excited about the rewards because I thought they were getting bigger. I think there was a malfunction or something like that, because I can't get them anymore. Too bad.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    I'm afraid the only and very boring way to make it is to go back to level 1 and spend an hour getting points. Or has anyone succeeded the regular way?
    After 11.3 out of 14 days my “team” is at 533/800 after I completed both episodes that were released since this joke of a feature was introduced.  This includes my(very unusual for me because I feel as my daily quests are being removed soon so I’m taking advantage while they’re here) 30 or so points from replaying old levels.  One of my “teammates” has a whopping 32 points while another has 0.

Even *IF* all of the fake CPU-generated “teammates” garner points for you the pathetic rewards aren’t even close to worth the trouble.  Last week I managed to accrue about 10 of each of the most useful boosters via the quests - in order for the Subpar Squad to be even close to worthwhile the reward for the final chest would have to be at least 5x all of the storeable boosters.  

@Xarly, please pass along to the studio that “team” play is something that none of us want as should be clearly evident in this and the MTF thread.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    I played Friends for a little while when it came out but lost interest. I decided to look at it again and noticed that maybe because it is still new, it has things that we have all been wanting. You can work levels alone without being put on teams, and there are Quests as well as other rewards every so often. This is how Soda used to be and how everyone liked it best. Hopefully they will keep Friends that way. If I want to be social I can come here or to the fun areas!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?