New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    @Bricorn, spend an hour a day playing level 1. You only need one life. You will get around 50 points.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    @Bricorn, spend an hour a day playing level 1. You only need one life. You will get around 50 points.
    I will if we get close to the deadline and need the points.  How do you get an hour though?
  • disappointedbyking
    you don't need lives! you go to level 1, and breeze through until 19, or 18, and - that is the bore!- you go back to level 1 and start again. If it was not so boring, you could get 800 points in a day.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,946 Candy Moderator
    I like the idea but overall I am not so fond of the soda squad.  I was actually playing new levels (I'm not that far along in the game) and got past the second chest but had almost no help at all from the other members of my squad so we never got to the third chest..  
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    I love the Soda Squad! The only problem is that it's so much work for so little reward. Definitely needs some reward improvements!
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    To reach 800 each person needs to contribute an average of 12 points per day and 160 for the whole run. I play this game a lot and have barely exceeded that average! Some days if I'm stuck on a hard level I'm not able to make 12 points. Other days I can exceed the average. I prefer not wasting time replaying old levels just to get points. 1 other player has done really well with over 200 points. 2 others have combined for 110 and 1 at 0. We will finish with a little over 500. I think the 2 week goal needs to be closer to 600. Maybe others are reaching 800 but unless everyone plays it's impossible!
  • disappointedbyking
    all my squad has stopped playing... I dislike the feature, like any team one, when you can't pick up the members 
    And I don't like rewards for passing levels. The quests were okay, even if you had to spend time to fulfill them, but the squad is not my taste.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for such insightful feedback. I'll make sure this gets passed on to the team. The thresholds and rewards are not yet final, as this is the early stage of the feature. The feedback you have been sending to us (and by all means, keep doing so) is of great value. Some of you mention screenshots with a threshold of 400. That was indeed the initial plan but it got moved based on some tests that were ran prior to releasing the feature. Now the feature will be revisited as well, to see how many teams achieved it, how it performed in general and so on.

Overall, we are very happy with the direction of this feature and with all of your feedback (as some of your points tie up with some of our own thoughts). The Soda Squad is looking very well so far both in terms of our data and in terms of your feedback. All it needs is adjustments here and there (especially around rewards and milestones for what I'm reading) and some optimisations that are on the way. As I mentioned, this is an ongoing project and the version of the Squad that you play is only the first.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• Yaz_Milani
    Yaz_Milani Posts: 204 Level 3
    Why?!! Why?!!! We had reached over 400 points and you do this to me?!! 
    Now im back to square one. With a new team. Why?! This is so so upsetting!! 
    @Xarly I’m sick of this kind of mess on their behalf! y. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?