New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    edited June 2019
    I, almost on my own, completed the Soda Squad and was put on a team w/my same exact teammates as before. I earned over 600 points, no one else even broke 100 points, and one earned zero. But I'm stuck with them again.  But @Xarly I thought you said if we were active players that we would be  put on a new team with other active players??? Argh...so frustrating. 
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    @Kathy_Shattuck, I did the same thing. And now,  no one is getting points, but me. I'm so disappointed, mad, frustrated, upset, etc.
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    @disappointedbyking Super frustrating right? I don't think it's fair that we put in all the work, but the other teammates get the same rewards when they did little to nothing.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @disappointedbyking and @Kathy_Shattuck I feel your pain.  I intentionally did not try to finish the last one because I was doing all the work.  So I had high hopes of being teamed with more active players.  Three of the five are sitting at zero.  I have over 50 points and am thinking, why bother.
  • disappointedbyking
    I have to do something to get some boosters! So, when I have a few lives, I play the first levels for a while, but am getting very fed up. BGH was mean to me, and I am stuck on an impossible level, what to do?
  • monnikhof
    monnikhof Posts: 5 Level 2
    New here in the discussion but playing soda a long time. Now at level 1300. Been reading these discussions and let me try and give some extra input on a more positive note.
    - In order to progress in the game at any acceptable rate special candies are needed.
    - The new events prevent (unwillingly or by design) players from getting special candies.
    - King is not prepared to listen to players and will not return or introduce better way of getting special candies.

So the question becomes: is there a way of progressing in the game under the current conditions?

The way I progress is as follows:
    - I keep a strategic reserve of about 20 gold bars (=extra turns) and about 10 hammers. I do not play when I have less.
    - I check the game every 2 days tot see if there is the event bubblegum hill. If so I play.
    - Bubblegum hill is the only event left that gives reasonable a reward for my effort. It is doable when I use my strategic reserve.
    - Completing bubblegum hill rewards 6 hammers and gold bars depending on time.
    - I check to see if I can do bubble gum hill again. If this takes long I get more gold bars. If it takes only a few minutes I try to complet it again (and earn again 6 hammers).
    - At the end of the bubblegum hill event (lasts a day or so?) I usually have obtained about 10-20 goldbars and 20-30 hammers.
    I then use the excess over my strategic reserve to progress in the normal game. Usually using this much gold/hammers means I can kickstart a few levels in a row and get the benefits from the rainbow path. 

Using the technique above I can still progress through the game at a pace of several dozen levels every other week. I has been made more difficult by King, and less amusing sure, but it is still not impossible. First get your special candies through bubblegum hill, then progress levels, and do not get tempted to use all candy/gold.  
  • Kathyrnn
    Kathyrnn Posts: 41 Level 2
    monnikhof said:
    New here in the discussion but playing soda a long time. Now at level 1300. Been reading these discussions and let me try and give some extra input on a more positive note.
    - In order to progress in the game at any acceptable rate special candies are needed.
    - The new events prevent (unwillingly or by design) players from getting special candies.
    - King is not prepared to listen to players and will not return or introduce better way of getting special candies.

So the question becomes: is there a way of progressing in the game under the current conditions?

The way I progress is as follows:
    - I keep a strategic reserve of about 20 gold bars (=extra turns) and about 10 hammers. I do not play when I have less.
    - I check the game every 2 days tot see if there is the event bubblegum hill. If so I play.
    - Bubblegum hill is the only event left that gives reasonable a reward for my effort. It is doable when I use my strategic reserve.
    - Completing bubblegum hill rewards 6 hammers and gold bars depending on time.
    - I check to see if I can do bubble gum hill again. If this takes long I get more gold bars. If it takes only a few minutes I try to complet it again (and earn again 6 hammers).
    - At the end of the bubblegum hill event (lasts a day or so?) I usually have obtained about 10-20 goldbars and 20-30 hammers.
    I then use the excess over my strategic reserve to progress in the normal game. Usually using this much gold/hammers means I can kickstart a few levels in a row and get the benefits from the rainbow path. 

Using the technique above I can still progress through the game at a pace of several dozen levels every other week. I has been made more difficult by King, and less amusing sure, but it is still not impossible. First get your special candies through bubblegum hill, then progress levels, and do not get tempted to use all candy/gold.  
    Monnikhof,
    That was very sweet of you take the time to type that, but I have a wee problem,  I've played for a long time, I'm in the 2800s.  I used to play every day. until King began systematically destroying the game.  I have NEVER seen anything called Bubble Gum Hill.  I've asked what it is but have never gotten an answer.  
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Bubblegum Hill is typically a 48 hour event that Soda offers once a week. You have to beat 5 levels in a row to claim the crown. Along with that you win some lollipops, an hour of free play and usually 1 or 2 gold bars. If it is being offered it will show up as soon as you log in to play and has been around for quite awhile.

I have heard that sometimes  if using certain devices, various versions of Windows and also if operating through Facebook or not  you may see different things. 
  • disappointedbyking
    edited June 2019
    @Monnikhof, your post means you buy a lot of boosters, not much otherwise. BGH is a challenge, you may win it or not. If you don't have 10 hammers (I think you mean lollypops), you don't play, and how do you replenish your stock? To win BGH  3 or 4 times in a weekend is impossible for me. If I get it once, it is a good score. To get your 10 -20 gold bars and 20-30 hammers, you have to win 4 to 6 times. It is not possible, unless you use Cheat Engine or another cheating help.
    If you have been playing for a long time, you should b much higher. Level 1300 takes a year or so to reach, let us say 2 at the most, and I don't have your strategy! I'm close to 3000, I was ar 1300 a year ago.
    Sadly, when I read such a first post, I can't help but strongly think it is created by King, not by a player. I don't believe it... and it leaves me with a bitter taste.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?