New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    Yosca said:
    But there are still players who still have the quests. Very unfairly divided. Then don't give anyone any more quests!

See, that is not right that some sure have the quests
  • NaNeeBee
    NaNeeBee Posts: 3 Newbie
    I would just like to be able to get the rewards I have missed out on since the MTF started. Why is there no way to message the game makers directly? Why is this message board the only way to file a complaint? It makes me happy that I have not spent more than 10 dollars on this game.  :p
  • NaNeeBee
    NaNeeBee Posts: 3 Newbie
    Its also nice to know that if I continue playing this game that it is nothing but disappointment. I've enjoyed this game more than the original Candy Crush and am on level 1645 but, if it is as bad as everyone is saying, thank you for the insight. Mayhaps I will quit playing before I run into all the problems you all seem to be having.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    NaNeeBee said:
    I would just like to be able to get the rewards I have missed out on since the MTF started. Why is there no way to message the game makers directly? Why is this message board the only way to file a complaint? It makes me happy that I have not spent more than 10 dollars on this game.  :p
    That’s $10 too much!  There is a company representative here that supposedly “passes along our feedback to the studio” but yet nothing that we players want after 79 pages of negative responses is apparently taken into consideration.  Oh, except one thing - they finally fixed the useless wrapped booster issue that prevented them from being added to our inventory.  Woohoo.

The latest posts by that guy in this thread have been an absolute load of crap.  Trying to insinuate that the quests weren’t a popular feature is ridiculous; the supposedly “unclaimed” boosters are either fictional or exist as a result of people deleting the game due to the new levels’ absurd difficulty.  The game even has a pop-up that lets you know when a quest has been fulfilled...

For all of you that are forced to endure this Farce all I can say is stop interacting with it.  Don’t even open it, otherwise King is getting “positive” data that the feature is being used.  Apparently this data is all they care about.

• Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
     I still don't understand why it's such a big problem that some players didn't claim the prizes or why you think the Fair will make them participate more. But by all means give them the Fair and see if it helps  and let the rest of us have the quests back
  • mstroop1
    mstroop1 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @Xarly,
    So, the developers decided players didn’t want the quests any more, since SOME players weren’t claiming their rewards. Were any players complaining about the quests? Were players posting anywhere clamoring for something new and fresh? Asking for a more “interactive” feature with team play and crummy rewards? I suspect the answer is a resounding NO!
    Maybe we were just happy little gamers, playing our silly little game the way WE wanted to play. Claim rewards or not, whatever WE wanted to do. We were having fun. If they wanted to add a new feature, fine. There was no reason to remove the quests in order to do so. This was a horrible decision made by people totally out of touch with their consumers. Underperforming? Baloney!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    mstroop1 said:
    @Xarly,
    So, the developers decided players didn’t want the quests any more, since SOME players weren’t claiming their rewards. Were any players complaining about the quests? Were players posting anywhere clamoring for something new and fresh? Asking for a more “interactive” feature with team play and crummy rewards? I suspect the answer is a resounding NO!
    Maybe we were just happy little gamers, playing our silly little game the way WE wanted to play. Claim rewards or not, whatever WE wanted to do. We were having fun. If they wanted to add a new feature, fine. There was no reason to remove the quests in order to do so. This was a horrible decision made by people totally out of touch with their consumers. Underperforming? Baloney!
    Exactly!  @Xarly, please direct us to a similar thread to this one that lambasts the daily quests to even remotely close to the extent of the Farce.  I’ll wait.
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Despite King responses to the contrary if a feature was replaced with one that gives substantially fewer and less useful boosters that was the intent of the replacement.   No surprise at all on their part but a purposeful plan to increase purchasing boosters.     
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Been trying to wrap my head around the idea that players were failing to claim prizes from the Quests.  Just doesn’t make sense to me.
      In doing so, I went back and read through some posts and found this nugget of info from @Xarly that I had overlooked:
    ”...behind this is a group of humans that care...and at the same time have to balance it with making a profitable business...”
    Couple that with some of the other subtle and not so subtle changes in the game and I’m getting the picture of a development team under a great deal of pressure to improve a bottom line.  For this, I have a great deal of sincere empathy as can anyone who has been in a position where the “folks who earn the big bucks” are pressuring decisions that may please shareholders, but irritate (there’s is a better word, but in the interest of civility I’ll stick with irritate) the customer base.
    It seems to me that as King has become more generous with unlimited playing time, they have become more stingy with the boosters.  From what I’ve read, a very small percentage of players actually purchase boosters, but if taking away the Quests and their ability to earn boosters moves that percent of players who buy even a fraction of a percent, it is extremely profitable for King. 
    I’ll continue to play, and I don’t mind watching an ad in exchange for additional moves, but I will not buy boosters or lives.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Funny how all the features that offered decent rewards like the quests, rocket race and fishing and striped candy tournaments were all “underperforming” but these new features that offer lousy rewards are the greatest and performing how they had hoped even though there are 80 pages of this thread alone that disagree 100%. The bottom line is they do not care at all about what the players want. It’s all about money. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?