New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    My MTF is still blocked by the ^%$$^*** moron who picked up "get 100 red candies" 3 days ago and .sleeps since then I cannot do anything with 2 tiles a day and the crooked tasks (use the hammer). 
    @Xarly, we are not teams. The best definition for a team I have found is: "A group of people with a full set of complementary skills required to complete a task, job, or project. Team members (1) operate with a high degree of interdependence, (2) share authority and responsibility for self-management, (3) are accountable for the collective performance".
    We do not have complementary skills, most do not care about the results, and they act with total selfishness.
    To have teams, we would need to be able to communicate. Actually, we don't even know the name of our "teammates".
    The only times in history such squads were created were war times, when prisoners had to work with whomever, just in order to survive. The goal here is not that high, thank God, but the underlying philosophy is the same. 
    I should have finished my board 2 days ago. Instead, it probably will be replaced after a week. I don't have boosters, so I cannot pass new levels. As I can't do anything with MTF, I won't get any boosters. In my team, you have the blocker, and 2 invisible ones, who must have left for holidays.
    What am I to do? Not fun.
    Excellent post!  I agree, the idea of “team” play in a single player game like this makes no sense at all and has been unanimously poorly-received.  The “teammates” aren’t even actual players they are just computer-generated bots designed to impede players’ progress whenever possible.  The worst part of this awful feature is that the reward is a joke that sometimes apparently doesn’t even get added to your inventory.

How hard would it really be to allow players the option to choose whether or not they wanted quests or the Farce/Subpar Squad?  The coding is already there so there’s no way this would be difficult for the game’s programmers to set up.  

@Xarly, since King loves their data so much is there any way to set up a poll on here asking the aforementioned question, quests or “team” events?  One could also be run on fb too(though the already-existing posts attempting to promote the Farce already show people prefer the quests) in order to incorporate more data for review.

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    So very, very annoying.  Three of my last four boards have awarded the wrapped candy that you DO NOT GET.  Please, please fix this.  It just adds another layer of annoyance to the game.
    Hi @susanm9090 ,

I presume, like with all other cases we had of this scenario, that you are playing on Facebook. This issue is being fixed as we speak and should go live this very same week or the next one. It's an issue connected to FB synchronisation and it needs both parties to work on it, hence why a quick fix was not an option.

@Dirty_Nurse , to the point of your survey. The team is aware of the feedback of our highly engaged players, like yourself. I don't see a need for a survey since they know that the veterans have raised how they feel about it and I have sent their/your thoughts their way already.

Today I will be attending a meeting with the team to see what the future actions are. I hope I can get back to you all soon with updates on the situation.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    My MTF is still blocked by the ^%$$^*** moron who picked up "get 100 red candies" 3 days ago and .sleeps since then I cannot do anything with 2 tiles a day and the crooked tasks (use the hammer). 
    @Xarly, we are not teams. The best definition for a team I have found is: "A group of people with a full set of complementary skills required to complete a task, job, or project. Team members (1) operate with a high degree of interdependence, (2) share authority and responsibility for self-management, (3) are accountable for the collective performance".
    We do not have complementary skills, most do not care about the results, and they act with total selfishness.
    To have teams, we would need to be able to communicate. Actually, we don't even know the name of our "teammates".
    The only times in history such squads were created were war times, when prisoners had to work with whomever, just in order to survive. The goal here is not that high, thank God, but the underlying philosophy is the same. 
    I should have finished my board 2 days ago. Instead, it probably will be replaced after a week. I don't have boosters, so I cannot pass new levels. As I can't do anything with MTF, I won't get any boosters. In my team, you have the blocker, and 2 invisible ones, who must have left for holidays.
    What am I to do? Not fun.

• nothappyjan
    nothappyjan Posts: 27 Level 2
    Xarly said:
    Hey all,

Just confirmation, that is correct. Every player has 2 tiles a day per board. This means that, if a player has one new board on that same day, then the player can do 4 tiles. Never had this situation myself so I couldn't confirm without checking with the team :smile:.

Cheers and thanks for chipping in @Yosca and @LauraLMason!
    Xarly

It would be nice if the limit of 2 tiles a day be lifted all together or at least up it to 4 per player per board. Personally, I have no problem filling a column/line myself for the whole team ( I have done so numerous times so far as it is), so if the limit could be increase per board day would be great. The lowered amount of each individual quest within MTF has helped, but an increase would be greatly appreciated on the number of tiles per day.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Yesterday, I got a new board and picked up two tiles I could pass, but the toughest ones in a line.  I left "collect 100 yellow"  and "collect 100 red". Guess what?  yes, exactly. One of my lovely teammates sits on "100 red". Or lies, or sleep. Or has died. Is not that sweet? The board is dead... The other lines or columns have a "use your most precious booster to win a striped candy"!!!
    disappointedbyking. Your collect 100 red is the reason I always do that one after I do the harder one(s). Mainly because often there are not many reds in the games, if at all.  My thinking is to leave all the easy ones to the others, but not to be. If all of us here commenting were to be joined in teams, we would be giving MTF a run for his money. Alas, that's not to be either.

While I think of it, one thing I think I've noticed.  I might be wrong, but unless you go back and check you've completed your quest part of the board, it isn't ticked.  Has anyone else noticed that?

So now I play about 10, maybe 15 minutes a day. Sad isn't it?

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted @Xarly, but I'm looking for something far more fun to play.

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    @nothappyjan, that is exactly what I did... I filled up the black balls and striped or wrapped and thought I had the job done for the next day. I even thought anyone with a brain, even a little kid, can gather yellows or reds and notice if they don't have any on the board...
    Well, I was wrong, obviously!

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    A SURVEY IS NOT NEEDED. We already have all the tools.
    King asks regularly what you think of the game, just fill up the form and explain what you feel.
    If you like the squad and MTF, say it. If you don't like it, say it and explain in one sentence. 
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Xarly said:
    So very, very annoying.  Three of my last four boards have awarded the wrapped candy that you DO NOT GET.  Please, please fix this.  It just adds another layer of annoyance to the game.
    Hi @susanm9090 ,

I presume, like with all other cases we had of this scenario, that you are playing on Facebook. This issue is being fixed as we speak and should go live this very same week or the next one. It's an issue connected to FB synchronisation and it needs both parties to work on it, hence why a quick fix was not an option.

@Dirty_Nurse , to the point of your survey. The team is aware of the feedback of our highly engaged players, like yourself. I don't see a need for a survey since they know that the veterans have raised how they feel about it and I have sent their/your thoughts their way already.

Today I will be attending a meeting with the team to see what the future actions are. I hope I can get back to you all soon with updates on the situation.

Cheers,
    Xarly
    No, I am playing IOS on my IPad.
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Xarly said:
    Hi @susanm9090 ,

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Sorry, to be clearer.  I do not log into Facebook, but am playing directly with the app.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Simple solution.MTF needs to stop rewarding wrapped candy and offer something better that dosent have these issues!
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Just wanted to make sure King knows that I didn't receive my rewards from Mr. Toffee's Fair yesterday. Not trying to complaint though.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?