New Feature: Soda Squad

Options

Comments

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    Options
    the squad is much worse than MTF... and no matter what, when you are in the 3000. it is impossible to get 12 points a day, unless you go to the first levels to replay them.
  • disappointedbyking
    Options
    @monikhof, quoted by Xarly, I tried BGH this weekend, to check what you said. I noticed it is impossible to win it several times. As soon as you were lucky once, the game gives you the toughest algorithms and you will fail. Of course, if you use boosters like candies (lol), you may succeed. But what is the use if you trade your boosters to get the same thing? I don't enjoy BGH after a few times, and to play it again and again is a pain for me...
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I've been lucky so far with my current squad team. My first team only made it to the low 500s with me and 1 other being the main players. 1 never showed up. This time everyone is playing and we are already at that score with everyone playing and still 1 week to go. The rewards are still cheap at 30 minutes of boosters but at least I'm not the only one doing the work! 
  • Beth-Grant_
    Beth-Grant_ Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    To my past team players, I thank-you for giving it a gallant try... 679 points before time was up. Not bad for three team players. To my new team players, I wish to apologize for not helping you because I give up.
    Today was the last straw. I used up the last reserves of my boosters to help earn points on the weekend hoping to finally earn something. Again the new feature is a complete failure.Today I opened the game and to my amazement for the very first time, someone else finish a line on Mr Toffee Fair. The only problem with that is now I have 2 1/2 hours of bombs and no lives. What a waste! 
    Xarly could you Please tell King that some of us have lives and are not always able to play every day. I started playing because I could go at my own pace, when I had the time. I could pursue booster when I was ready to use them. They have taken a perfect good game and distroyed it.
    Good-Bye
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    I've been lucky so far with my current squad team. My first team only made it to the low 500s with me and 1 other being the main players. 1 never showed up. This time everyone is playing and we are already at that score with everyone playing and still 1 week to go. The rewards are still cheap at 30 minutes of boosters but at least I'm not the only one doing the work! 
    Hey @Yosca and @Kathy_Shattuck ,

The above scenario from @LauraLMason was the desired scenario when the feature was designed. Your scenarios were not thought of as an option, but now they are sitting on the team and they are looking into these.

I am working on actually having some of them join me in a thread here so that they can discuss the feature directly with you and provide insights on a way that I sometimes can't. It's difficult because they are busy but we are starting conversations for these and I hope I can introduce you all to them soon that you can provide feedback to them and read what their thoughts are as well.

I will pass your feedback on to the studio, @Beth-Grant_ , as per usual. I'm sorry this has been your experience so far but I hope we can keep improving to make a game that is of your taste or, in case we don't manage to succeed, that you find one that provides you with the entertainment you are searching for.

Thank you all for your feedback, looking forward to more.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • dmorrice
    dmorrice Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I do not like this 
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I took some screen shots of progress with my last squad and have continued with the group I’m currently playing with.  I realize we have four days to go, but what I’m going to share has been pretty consistent.  I’ve been looking at the percents that each player has contributed to the total points.  

Previous squad:
    Player 1 - 54%
    Player 2 - 23%
    Player 3 - 17%
    Player 4 - 6%
    Player 5 - 0% (this person actually had a few points, but it was less than two tenths of one percent, hence the zero.

Current squad:
    Player 1 - 49%
    Player 2 - 33%
    Player 3 - 17%
    Player 4 - 1%
    Player 5 - 0% (this person actually has 0 points)

We didn’t make the 800 points last time, so completely different group of people, yet the percentages being contributed by each player are eerily similar.  Apparently we are being grouped with players who are equally productive—just not in the manner I was thinking it would be.  As we are currently just over 500 total points, I doubt we will make it this time either.  

FYI—I am Player 1 in both groups.
  • disappointedbyking
    Options
    @Xarly
    could we pick up our squad members? I would take candysodacrusher, and as I make 60% of my team's work, we don't need anyone else. So far, I have 480 points for 120 for the others!
  • susanquinlan
    susanquinlan Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I don't want to be part of a "squad"!  Why am I forced to play with people I don't know?  It does nothing to make my playing enjoyable. At the very least give me a choice to opt out.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    I don't want to be part of a "squad"!  Why am I forced to play with people I don't know?  It does nothing to make my playing enjoyable. At the very least give me a choice to opt out.
    My sentiments exactly.  This is a single-player game, why is a “team” being forced upon us?  Anyone with half a brain can see that they’re not even real “teammates”, they’re just computer-generated bots.

I got to the second tier reward today and was pleased to see that I got a hammer and a switch, not useless timed boosters.  I was shocked that they actually changed things to give us storeable boosters!

That being said, why can’t this feature be changed so as to be a solo thing like the quests.  Nobody wants a fake “team” when playing these games!  King has cranked out “team” features in two other games of theirs that I play as well and I looked at feedback for them and it’s almost unanimously all negative on each game.  

@Xarly, do you know where the studio is getting the idea that people want to be on fake “teams” with bots? Across all of the various King games I play this feature is clearly not welcomed yet the studio keeps forcing it upon players.  It doesn’t make any sense at all whatsoever.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?