New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    @Dirty_Nurse
    I think it depends on ?????... I got a striped and an hour of free play on MTF today. I was so upset I just (...) the phone off!
    if the rewards were decent, if the "teams" would agree to work, the features could be okay. But getting those nasty jokes makes me mad. 
    On MTF, someone blocks lines the whole week long. With the squad, my "partners have 50, 49, 28 and 0 points. I have 490!
    It was the same last time. 
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @disappointedbyking I would be happy to be your teammate.  😎
    The reason I started making those screenshots was to track my own progress. Then I started noticing a pattern and started keeping track more closely since we were told that we’d be teamed with “active” players.
      It really isn’t fair when you have 2 players doing 75% of the work.  Reminds me of kids complaining about being assigned group projects at school and having one or two members of the group doing all the work.
  • bullywooly
    bullywooly Posts: 73 Level 3
    @susanquinlan = couldn’t of put it better myself
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    @candysodacrusher, I could not agree more! tell me I only have to get 200 points, it would be a treat.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I took some screen shots of progress with my last squad and have continued with the group I’m currently playing with.  I realize we have four days to go, but what I’m going to share has been pretty consistent.  I’ve been looking at the percents that each player has contributed to the total points.  

Previous squad:
    Player 1 - 54%
    Player 2 - 23%
    Player 3 - 17%
    Player 4 - 6%
    Player 5 - 0% (this person actually had a few points, but it was less than two tenths of one percent, hence the zero.

Current squad:
    Player 1 - 49%
    Player 2 - 33%
    Player 3 - 17%
    Player 4 - 1%
    Player 5 - 0% (this person actually has 0 points)

We didn’t make the 800 points last time, so completely different group of people, yet the percentages being contributed by each player are eerily similar.  Apparently we are being grouped with players who are equally productive—just not in the manner I was thinking it would be.  As we are currently just over 500 total points, I doubt we will make it this time either.  

FYI—I am Player 1 in both groups.
    The reason for this is because the other “teammates” are computer-generated bots that are designed to make you miss out on the largest prize in the hopes that you’ll spend money or use boosters in a vain attempt to help “other players”.  One of my “teammates” had a very unique name so I tried to look that name up on Facebook.  Shockingly, nobody with such a name existed.

I play a few other King games and these “team” features have been just recently rolled out in 3 of the 4 that i know of in spite of unanimously negative feedback.  King must be counting on people to :

A.  Be stupid enough to think that their “teammates” are actual real players.

B. Be willing to do and spend whatever it takes to get the “team” to the finish line.

C. Enjoy the meager rewards offered in this joke of a feature enough to keep playing and contributing towards the “team” total.

I still have the quests so I don’t really mind having this additional way to get boosters, but for those of you that have the Farce instead I don’t know why you all keep playing.  I sincerely hope that none of you spend money for such a game whose rules can be randomly changed at the whim of such an ostensibly money-hungry company(I don’t pay to play these games but occasionally check out the prices and holy fecal matter, they’ve gone up a lot in recent months).
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
      Not finding the person on Facebook is hardly proof he/she doesn't exist. It may be difficult to believe but not everybody is on Facebook. I'm not. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Ditte said:
      Not finding the person on Facebook is hardly proof he/she doesn't exist. It may be difficult to believe but not everybody is on Facebook. I'm not. 
    So you actually think these are real players?  You are exactly the type of person I’m referring to in my last post.  I also noticed a similar trend in the point scoring in the computer-generated “teammates” as @candysodacrusher did which also fits with the complaints of other posters in this thread.  Why do you think they are actual real people?
  • Ditte
      I didn't say I'm certain they're real people, just that not finding them on Facebook isn't proof they're not. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Ditte said:
      I didn't say I'm certain they're real people, just that not finding them on Facebook isn't proof they're not. 
    Well the game is linked to fb so where else would they come from?  I also looked up a few other slightly less-unique names and couldn’t find one single match to their pic and name.  Again, I ask, why do you think they are actual real players?
  • Ditte
     I have no reason to think they're not real. But I don't even have soda squad so what do I know. Maybe that feature is only for people om Facebook. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?