New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    I got this today after a week of absence playing Soda.

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    mercerik said:
    I got this today after a week of absence playing Soda.

Wow.  That’ll last one run through BGH, whoopdie-doo.  That’s 25% of what the daily booster does, congratulations?  Also, if you’ve been away for a week, that’s halfway through the time limit for the feature...good luck getting to the final “reward” with your computer-generated “teammates”.

@Ditte, you replied to my post awfully quickly for someone that doesn’t have this joke of a feature.  I’m too lazy to review the contents of the thread, why are you following this if you don’t have it?
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
     I joined the forum to complain about the Fair. Read the soda squad thread out of curiosity and replied to something regarding BGH. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Ditte said:
     I joined the forum to complain about the Fair. Read the soda squad thread out of curiosity and replied to something regarding BGH. 
    Funny, I also joined the forum to complain about the UnFair even though I have not yet been burdened by it.  I am one of the lucky ones that still has the quests and not the Farce.

You still haven’t answered my question about why you think the “teammates” are real players...
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    edited June 2019
    My team made it to 800 with 2 or 3 days left and I actually had the 4th fewest points! I had some days of being on levels I was having trouble passing and couldn't  always contribute much. However, we were all kept together for a new game.  The point of my post is that for all the work that is required to get points on this feature the rewards are terrible! I am so tired of 30 minutes boosters. Getting 3 30 minute boosters for 800 points isn't much better than what MTF gives for a lot less work. This sort of accomplishment should at least include some storable boosters and gold bars!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    My team made it too 800 with 2 or 3 days left and I actually had the 4th fewest points! I had some days of being on levels I was having trouble passing and couldn't  always contribute much. However, we were all kept together for a new game.  The point of my post is that for all the work that is required to get points on this feature the rewards are terrible! I am so tired of 30 minutes boosters. Getting 3 30 minute boosters for 800 points isn't much better than what MTF gives for a lot less work. This sort of accomplishment should at least include some storable boosters and gold bars!
    As I stated in an earlier post, this is an awful feature that, for many of you, replaces the daily quests which were enjoyed by all(regardless of what some supposed higher-ups here say at the behest of their employer).

I have found, in other posts in other games here in the community, that what we say here can make a difference.  Anyone else that despises these “team” features should speak up or else they may become a permanent thing.  Also, those of you that have been burdened by Mr. Traitor’s Farce should comment on fb or the other thread to add to the overwhelmingly negative feedback these “team” features have received.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Well once again my team will not be hitting the 800 mark. Honestly, I really don’t care. Usually my competitive side pushes me to complete these challenges but with the joke of rewards I just don’t care. In fact I’m getting to the point that I’m caring less and less about the whole game. Between them taking my quests away and replacing them with these crappy features with even crappier rewards and the fact they keep feeding us a bunch of bs about why these changes are being made I’m so over this game. It’s not worth the frustration. The simple fact is they want us to pay more money and so these changes are permanent. We continue to be told they are working on improvements but the rewards won’t be improved upon because that would defeat the purpose behind all these changes in the first place. Personally I refuse to give these people one more cent of my money. You really can’t get anywhere in this game without boosters so it won’t be long before I’m done with this game altogether. I’m already only playing 5-10 minutes a days as is. I sure hope king is happy about ruining a perfectly good game. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    edited June 2019
    Well once again my team will not be hitting the 800 mark. Honestly, I really don’t care. Usually my competitive side pushes me to complete these challenges but with the joke of rewards I just don’t care. In fact I’m getting to the point that I’m caring less and less about the whole game. Between them taking my quests away and replacing them with these crappy features with even crappier rewards and the fact they keep feeding us a bunch of bs about why these changes are being made I’m so over this game. It’s not worth the frustration. The simple fact is they want us to pay more money and so these changes are permanent. We continue to be told they are working on improvements but the rewards won’t be improved upon because that would defeat the purpose behind all these changes in the first place. Personally I refuse to give these people one more cent of my money. You really can’t get anywhere in this game without boosters so it won’t be long before I’m done with this game altogether. I’m already only playing 5-10 minutes a days as is. I sure hope king is happy about ruining a perfectly good game. 
    Great post!  I feel really bad for you because I still have the quests and can easily gather over 10 of the good boosters a week.

Unfortunately for players like us, a lot of players seem to be falling for these bs “team” features and are trying to actively contribute to them as if actual other players are banking on their success(by the way I saw your review in the App Store, it was great though you should have mentioned the futility of this “team” crap).

I also won’t be anywhere near 800 but couldn’t care less.  To me, this is simply an addition to the quests meaning extra boosters but to those of you that have lost the quests it should be received as a slap in the face.  

JamiFa, i suggest taking a break from the game until it’s restored to its previous state.  If they keep it this way, consider yourself better off!
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Dirty_Nurse, I don’t know whether or not we are playing with actual teammates or computer generated bots (though I’ve not seen a denial from anyone with any authority).  
    What I do know is that I’ve had to change the way I play the game in order to be successful.  I don’t buy boosters or lives—never have, never will—but I’ve figured out that I need to sort of time my playing so I can combine the assortment of timed boosters that are available.  Sometimes it works well, other times it doesn’t and in either case, it’s a royal pain.
    I have a very small cache of boosters left from the quests, and I think I have only used one or two since the end of February when MTF appeared.  Bubblegum Hill is a savior as I’m usually able to accumulate enough lollipop hammers or gold to make it through the week.  I had ads for a while, they went away, came back and have gone away again.  They were helpful and there were times that I was able to get up to 15 extra moves to finish a level.
    The timed boosters can be helpful IF you have the time to play, but if not they are a bigger waste than any unclaimed booster from the Quests.
    My Soda Squad will not make the 800 points again this week, though we’ve passed the second level of rewards both weeks.  I was playing my fingers off the first week, until I saw what a joke the rewards were.  Not worth the effort...
    That brings me to something else I’ve noticed which is that I’ve not been completing levels with as many “3 stars” as I used to.  At first I thought it was just the episode I was in, but I went back and did some of my own “data analysis” and on average, I’m earning 4-5 fewer stars per episode than I was before all the changes in the game.  No idea whether there’s anything significant to that.
    i know that in “the real world” there has been a real emphasis in business and in education with the whole team/collaboration movement and maybe we are seeing the effects of that dribble into the game.  But, this is just a game, and it was designed as a single player game, and I wish it would stay that way.

• Dirty_Nurse
    edited June 2019
    @Dirty_Nurse, I don’t know whether or not we are playing with actual teammates or computer generated bots (though I’ve not seen a denial from anyone with any authority).  
    What I do know is that I’ve had to change the way I play the game in order to be successful.  I don’t buy boosters or lives—never have, never will—but I’ve figured out that I need to sort of time my playing so I can combine the assortment of timed boosters that are available.  Sometimes it works well, other times it doesn’t and in either case, it’s a royal pain.
    I have a very small cache of boosters left from the quests, and I think I have only used one or two since the end of February when MTF appeared.  Bubblegum Hill is a savior as I’m usually able to accumulate enough lollipop hammers or gold to make it through the week.  I had ads for a while, they went away, came back and have gone away again.  They were helpful and there were times that I was able to get up to 15 extra moves to finish a level.
    The timed boosters can be helpful IF you have the time to play, but if not they are a bigger waste than any unclaimed booster from the Quests.
    My Soda Squad will not make the 800 points again this week, though we’ve passed the second level of rewards both weeks.  I was playing my fingers off the first week, until I saw what a joke the rewards were.  Not worth the effort...
    That brings me to something else I’ve noticed which is that I’ve not been completing levels with as many “3 stars” as I used to.  At first I thought it was just the episode I was in, but I went back and did some of my own “data analysis” and on average, I’m earning 4-5 fewer stars per episode than I was before all the changes in the game.  No idea whether there’s anything significant to that.
    i know that in “the real world” there has been a real emphasis in business and in education with the whole team/collaboration movement and maybe we are seeing the effects of that dribble into the game.  But, this is just a game, and it was designed as a single player game, and I wish it would stay that way.

These are exactly my thoughts!

This, and all of the other King games I play, are all single-player games.  Why the emphasis on “teams”?? This is a feature that - clearly upon even the most basic level of investigation - is unanimously unwanted by players.

I re-emphasize - I feel really bad for players like you that have had the quests taken away under the supposed guise of players’ “lack of interaction”.  I don’t interact with the SubPar squad either yet that doesn’t stop me from being subjected to it.

I happen to play a few other King games and even though I don’t buy anything I do enjoy occasionally checking out the prices of boosters and such. They have skyrocketed in recent weeks!  I will never understand why people would pay actual money in order to keep playing this kind of game whose rules could change at any time...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?