New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    @Philip,
    I had exactly the same for 4 days. I had to start a new line, etc... The final reward when I made my 4 in a row? a striped and an hour of free lives. Talk about feeling robbed!
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    @Philip,
    I had exactly the same for 4 days. I had to start a new line, etc... The final reward when I made my 4 in a row? a striped and an hour of free lives. Talk about feeling robbed!
    Yeah, I am on my second board of “Parker’s” where I am forced to work on rows I have no chance of completing because they require a level or a booster I don’t have.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Xarly—I have a question.  You’ve basically said that the Quests are a done deal due to underperformance.  If that’s the case, how is it that some players still have access to them?  I understand about different features being rolled out and tested in different platforms to get the bugs out, etc.  but, the fact that they are still available in some iterations of the game implies that data is still being collected and that the performance of the Quests is being monitored and compared with the performance of the new features.  
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited June 2019
    Mr. Toffee Fair's Prize Animated GIF

Animated GIF
    I don't have any problems with having Mr.Toffee Fair's Mission.
    Whether he is there or not, I still have to complete the level.
    The Prize helps me carry out the next Mission based on what 
    I won. Besides, I get to pick the Mission. He doesn't. I don't
    click START until I agree with the Tile that I Tick or Pick..

• NoneTheWiser
    NoneTheWiser Posts: 7 Level 2
    candysodacrusher makes an excellent point. Why do some players still have access to Quests? If Quests are not coming back, why not take them away from everyone once and for all. Misery loves company.
  • disappointedbyking
    I have a problem with MTF, the rewards are not enough. I don't and won't ever buy boosters. Without them, you can't or won't win anything. No race, not many new levels, no BGH, nothing actually. 
    MTF gives you a pink hammer? big deal!
    But most of the ones posting here are around level 1000, much easier than the end of the 2000...
    If I had the quests, like some still do, I could enjoy the game again.
    Instead, I got a commercial claiming they have lowered their prices. At 5 cents, I still would not bu anything!
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi all,

Currently almost every Soda player has Mr Toffee's Fair. The reason why a very small group still has the quests is so that, in case there are issues or new tweaks on Mr. Toffee's Fair, its performance can be tracked. If, for example, a feature is leading to the game crashing, having a group without that concrete feature helps the team determine that the cause of the crash is that concrete part of the game (because that other group would not be experiencing the same crashes).

This is done across the industry very often and it's also usual at King. as mentioned, in this example. This is the main reason why this is happening (and again, the group not having Mr Toffee's Fair at this point is very small and doesn't have it for the reasons mentioned).

Besides this, I wanted to mention that the team is currently working on new changes that will improve the feature drastically. This has been done with the player feedback on the very center of it all and elements like "players electing a quest and not finishing it" or "rewards not being an incentive" have been on the table and have been addressed.

When will these optimizations be live?

I cannot be specific because all of these adaptations take time and need to be prioritised, added on certain sprints, tested and then deployed. But I can guarantee the commitment from the team to have this shipped as soon as possible.

The team is actively working hard (they do plenty of things, and run the extra mile very often) and I hope I can share more and good news with you soon.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Xarly, I do appreciate the changes, but no matter how much makeup you put on a pig, it's still a pig. 

Please consider giving us the Quests back. 
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    @Xarly why is there such a big difference in the rewards between toffee and the quests, both in quantity and quality???
  • disappointedbyking
    because King hopes we will buy more?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?