New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    @candysodacrusher I concur with you on the point you made about not being able to reach the maximum amount of stars... since these group stuff started I've been struggling to reach 3 stars... Soda crush is messing with us
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    the idea of a team escapes people in my squad or MTF. I did my 2 tiles on MTF, left on the same row "collect 100 orange" and "collect 100 red". No one touched them!
    If the reards were at least decent... if the mods could be truthful... if the game could go back in time... well, you may always dream
  • gunna
    gunna Posts: 2 Newbie
    Xarly said:

Soda Squad is the fantastic new way to earn rewards in a team! This is how it works:

• When Soda Squad is active in your game, you will be put in a group with four other players at random. You will have a goal for a number of points to collect.
    • Collect points as a group, within a set amount of time. You collect points by playing every day, passing levels and completing episodes. Each thing gives different points, but we will let you find out (and share with each other) how many points each thing gives.
    • As you hit milestones on the way to your points goal, you will unlock Treasure Chests of prizes before the final big prize!

• You will be able to see how many points each team member has contributed, and you can also help each other out by sending lives to your teammates once every 24 hours.
    • If your team completes the challenge, congratulations on your awesome team work! You'll earn some tasty prizes, and together will be set a new challenge.
    • If your team doesn't complete the challenge in time, you will be automatically reassigned to a new group to re-attempt the challenge and win some juicy prizes! And if you were an active member during that time, we will make sure your next challenge teams you up with players that are as committed as you. 

And that sums it up! The Soda Squad is an extra way of getting new prizes, and we hope you find it as exciting as we do. If you still don't have this event, please be patient, it's just a matter of time until everyone out there can enjoy it.

If you have any feedback around the Soda Squad, please let us know below. We would love to read your opinion once you have played it :smile:.

And if you have any questions or concerns, please also comment below!

Cheers,
    Xarly

• gunna
    gunna Posts: 2 Newbie
    bring back the quests i say  unfortunately u lose all your progress if you dont complete the 800 points in the time allocated
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and notes. The main thing I would like to address is that some information that is being spread is completely false. These are all real players. There are no bots and the rest of members of your team are individuals like you and I.

@candysodacrusher , thanks a lot for your analysis! It really helps. In your case, where you had two different teams, the scenario is as follows:

- Team 1 did not reach the goal but you were active during the event. This means a new team was put in place for you.

- Team 2 is in place. Here you were placed with other players that were active during the last event. This is however not a guarantee that they remain as active this time around. We guarantee you are placed now with active members, but cannot guarantee that they will remain active. Unfortunately, that was the case here for you.

In general, there are more iterations and improvements coming (including options like teaming up with friends) but they are in the making and these things take time. We keep discussing them and your feedback is always taking part in the conversations.

Cheers,
    Xarly

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    edited June 2019
    Xarly, the "send lives to other team members" bit, how please? 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Xarly said:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and notes. The main thing I would like to address is that some information that is being spread is completely false. These are all real players. There are no bots and the rest of members of your team are individuals like you and I.

@candysodacrusher , thanks a lot for your analysis! It really helps. In your case, where you had two different teams, the scenario is as follows:

- Team 1 did not reach the goal but you were active during the event. This means a new team was put in place for you.

- Team 2 is in place. Here you were placed with other players that were active during the last event. This is however not a guarantee that they remain as active this time around. We guarantee you are placed now with active members, but cannot guarantee that they will remain active. Unfortunately, that was the case here for you.

In general, there are more iterations and improvements coming (including options like teaming up with friends) but they are in the making and these things take time. We keep discussing them and your feedback is always taking part in the conversations.

Cheers,
    Xarly

So, @Xarly, you mean to tell me that somewhere in the world right now, these 4 “teammates” can open up the game on their phones and see the exact screen I’m seeing with the exact same point totals?  I find that extremely hard to believe with the data I have personally seen and the data that has been shared by others here in this thread in which players seem to have eerily similar amounts of non- and under-performing “teammates” with about the same amount of contribution to the total score.

Will these changes take over four months like they have for the Farce?  That thread has been active for that amount of time and major issues have yet to be addressed even after hundreds of complaints in that thread alone, many thousands if you take into consideration other outlets such as fb.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    I realize we’re only two days into the third week of the squad and a lot can change in 12 days, but...
    My new team resembles my previous two teams too much not to comment on:
    Player 1 54%
    Player 2  36 %
    Player 3 10%
    Player 4   0%
    Player 5. 0%

Not a fan of this team play stuff...

• Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Mine looks the same @candysodacrusher. I’m not a fan either. Not even a little bit. 
  • Brin
    Brin Posts: 18 Level 2
    The squad is just as bad as Mr Turkey. Two days into a new squad and three players are on zero points. And another has five.  If we must have teams (which I'd rather not have) please let us choose from our own friends. There's no need to make it this difficult when the prizes are rubbish anyway.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?