New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    Right now I am waiting on one person to finish their tile and from what I remember it wasn't a hard one to complete, so I'm beginning to think that they are just blocking it.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Xarly why is there such a big difference in the rewards between toffee and the quests, both in quantity and quality???
    I know you asked @Xarly, but I’d like to share my theory:
    1.  Timed boosters keep you playing longer.  Use it or lose it. 
    2.  Complaints from people who earned or bought single-use boosters losing them.
    3.  They added the wrapped and striped candy booster a while back and gave everyone a few, but other than in Rainbow Road there wasn’t a way to earn them.  That was okay,  (imho) because they really aren’t that much help and are pretty easy to make on your own.  
    4.  Revenue.  People can’t create either type of lollipop, hand switch, or double fish.  
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    I have my thoughts for the reason for the difference in rewards but I was interested in what Xarly says is the reason. Just like I have my thoughts for the reason behind replacing quests with toffee. I think both come down to money but I was given other reasons for quests being taken away which makes no sense to me. So I was just wondering what the reason for the difference in rewards if not more money. @disappointedbyking and @candysodacrusher I do appreciate and agree with your reasons. 
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    @Xarly why is there such a big difference in the rewards between toffee and the quests, both in quantity and quality???
    I know you asked @Xarly, but I’d like to share my theory:
    1.  Timed boosters keep you playing longer.  Use it or lose it. 
    2.  Complaints from people who earned or bought single-use boosters losing them.
    3.  They added the wrapped and striped candy booster a while back and gave everyone a few, but other than in Rainbow Road there wasn’t a way to earn them.  That was okay,  (imho) because they really aren’t that much help and are pretty easy to make on your own.  
    4.  Revenue.  People can’t create either type of lollipop, hand switch, or double fish.  
           No, no you're all completely wrong. The developers had a meeting/brainstorming session that went something like this: 
      Boss: "Listen up everybody, we've got a huge problem. Too many people aren't claiming their rewards from the quests. We've got to do something!"
       Developer 1: "Why is that a problem?"
       Boss:" Uhm, because uhm, well it just is! Any ideas? Quickly!"
       Developer 1:" I still don't understand, why it's a problem, but we could transfer the prizes automaticly. "
        Boss:"No bad idea and stop questioning me!"
        Developer 2:" We could remind people to claim their rewards and maybe make them even better". 
        Boss:" No,no that won't work, hurry hurry give me some useable ideas!"
         Developer 3/intern:" I know, I know, let's change the prizes. We give them fewer and crappier boosters."
        Boss:" Great idea! I'm sure that'll motivate them. Great incentive to get them to claim their rewards. Make it happen! You're promoted to head developer."
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Sounds about right @Ditte 😊
  • TheaPierrot
    TheaPierrot Posts: 25 Level 2
    King is in the business to make money so I think accusing them of trying to through game design is a bit unfair.

I'm a relatively inexperienced player. I have restarted 3 or 4 times when changing devices. I just started using Mr. Toffee's Fair recently. 

I think a major problem is players not clicking on the "i" and assuming the game is played like tick tac toe. I was surprised when I completed a diagonal and didn't win. On one game I think we filled in a good part of the board before finally winning. 

Since then I can tell that the grand majority of players don't know how it works. Being able to play with others who know how to would be fun. You need to find a better way to communicate that it isn't like tic tac toe. 

Now my strategy is doing the most difficult tile in the easiest row or column. I wouldn't mind having to use a booster to close the board and start a new one if I thought the new board would include people who know how it works. 
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    Since rewards are minimal and some teammates don't play, we should be able to do 4 tiles a day. 
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Just an FYI, tasks have NOT gotten easier and my last few boards have not had a single row that didn’t either require using a booster, completing two levels, or getting five stars.   

• disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    once again, I picked up my line, did 2 tiles leaving the easiest ones (who knows? maybe another player would feel able to gather 100 orange candies?) and of course... the line is now blocked. It is not possible anymore. Either they do it on purpose, or they are bots,  but no normal human being would do it. 
    I picked up the only line or column that did not have a "use a hammer" or a hand, or pass a new whatever level, as you don't know when they come. I had to pass a bubble but it was the one coming. So okay, but nothing else! I clocked on "pass 2 new frosting" a while ago and it took me 3 days!
    so, Xarly, what can be done? please?
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    once again, I picked up my line, did 2 tiles leaving the easiest ones (who knows? maybe another player would feel able to gather 100 orange candies?) and of course... the line is now blocked. It is not possible anymore. Either they do it on purpose, or they are bots,  but no normal human being would do it. 
    I picked up the only line or column that did not have a "use a hammer" or a hand, or pass a new whatever level, as you don't know when they come. I had to pass a bubble but it was the one coming. So okay, but nothing else! I clocked on "pass 2 new frosting" a while ago and it took me 3 days!
    so, Xarly, what can be done? please?
    The one thing I am wondering is whether the whole team has the same tasks, that we all see the same board.  If not, you may see something easy in a square but another player has a difficult task in that square.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?