New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    My last few boards have had at least 1 or 2 rows that mainly required candy combinations that are pretty easy to make or to pass 1 or 2 levels. It is important as we all know not to select a tile until you have time to play and finish the goal in a reasonable time. Often people select a tile then don't play for awhile, forget or don't care and it stays taken. In some cases it would be good if there was a time limit of 2 or 3 days per tile. 
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    it would be good to be able to communicate, it would be great to be matched with players around the same level, but one thing is sure, the way it is now does not work.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    it would be good to be able to communicate, it would be great to be matched with players around the same level, but one thing is sure, the way it is now does not work.
    It would be better if you guys refused to participate in this farce altogether.  The only way this joke of a feature is going to disappear is if King’s data shows that players are predominately inactive(which, for those of you burdened by this can already tell, your “teammates” are).  I’d suggest checking in daily to maintain the daily bonus streak(even though at day 400 it’s still the same as day 7) and if this and the SubPar Squad are still there in lieu of the daily quests, logging out immediately and not adding to their “positive” data.

All of the feedback I have seen on these “team” features is negative so adding onto that in various venues will only help our cause.  I’d love to have access to the supposed data they have that shows that “team” features are a thing that the majority of players would prefer in their single-player games.
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    I have started holding off choosing or completing any task until I see what other “players” are doing, i.e. just parking in a square or actually completing one.  Then I can decide to either work around them or join in.  
  • disappointedbyking
    @Dirty_Nurse,
    you have the quests, you lucky one! Without them, no boosters....It means I can stop playing totally if I give up the farce. I already play much less, but have not found another game yet.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    @Dirty_Nurse,
    you have the quests, you lucky one! Without them, no boosters....It means I can stop playing totally if I give up the farce. I already play much less, but have not found another game yet.
    I truly feel bad for you fellow players that have been screwed over by the Farce.  Here lately, because I feel like the quests are going to be taken away from me too, I have been taking liberal advantage of them and acquiring ten-plus of all the good boosters per week.  Before, when I felt they were going to stay permanently, I only completed them as necessary or when I was close to completing them.

@Xarly trying to tell us that the quests were an unpopular feature amongst players is a ridiculous joke!  I asked him to refer me to a thread similar to this one where players had at the time 70+ pages of negativity but shockingly, he didn’t respond ;).  I’m still waiting!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Xarly said:
    Hi all,

Currently almost every Soda player has Mr Toffee's Fair. The reason why a very small group still has the quests is so that, in case there are issues or new tweaks on Mr. Toffee's Fair, its performance can be tracked. If, for example, a feature is leading to the game crashing, having a group without that concrete feature helps the team determine that the cause of the crash is that concrete part of the game (because that other group would not be experiencing the same crashes).

This is done across the industry very often and it's also usual at King. as mentioned, in this example. This is the main reason why this is happening (and again, the group not having Mr Toffee's Fair at this point is very small and doesn't have it for the reasons mentioned).

Besides this, I wanted to mention that the team is currently working on new changes that will improve the feature drastically. This has been done with the player feedback on the very center of it all and elements like "players electing a quest and not finishing it" or "rewards not being an incentive" have been on the table and have been addressed.

When will these optimizations be live?

I cannot be specific because all of these adaptations take time and need to be prioritised, added on certain sprints, tested and then deployed. But I can guarantee the commitment from the team to have this shipped as soon as possible.

The team is actively working hard (they do plenty of things, and run the extra mile very often) and I hope I can share more and good news with you soon.

Cheers,
    Xarly
    @Xarly, I’ve been playing games for many many years now and, at least in my experiences, most of them featured crash reports which were automatically(at least in recent decades - I also play a game from the 90’s which has said feature but requires players to manually forward it) sent to the game developer. Is that not a far better industry standard?  

Ive been a vanilla CCS player for over 6 years now and have seen features on other players’ fb posts that I have NEVER had access to.  Does your feedback review take years to come to fruition?
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    King is in the business to make money so I think accusing them of trying to through game design is a bit unfair.

I feel I need to respond to this.  First, I understand that King is in business to make money and I want them (and this game) to be very successful because I enjoy the game and want it to continue.

The best analogy  I can come up with to explain how I feel about the changes in the game is this.  If my favorite restaurant took my favorite item (the Quests) off the menu and replaced it with something I didn’t care for (Mr. Toffee), I would tell the management how I felt.  Or, if they replaced an ingredient in a dish (the Quest rewards) with a less tasty and desirable ingredient (Mr. Toffee’s rewards) I would complain.  In either case, whether the item was removed from the menu because too few people ordered it or if the ingredient and menu change were simply business decisions to improve the bottom line, the restaurant risks losing me as a satisfied customer because the food just wasn’t as enjoyable.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    King is in the business to make money so I think accusing them of trying to through game design is a bit unfair.

I feel I need to respond to this.  First, I understand that King is in business to make money and I want them (and this game) to be very successful because I enjoy the game and want it to continue.

The best analogy  I can come up with to explain how I feel about the changes in the game is this.  If my favorite restaurant took my favorite item (the Quests) off the menu and replaced it with something I didn’t care for (Mr. Toffee), I would tell the management how I felt.  Or, if they replaced an ingredient in a dish (the Quest rewards) with a less tasty and desirable ingredient (Mr. Toffee’s rewards) I would complain.  In either case, whether the item was removed from the menu because too few people ordered it or if the ingredient and menu change were simply business decisions to improve the bottom line, the restaurant risks losing me as a satisfied customer because the food just wasn’t as enjoyable.
    Excellent analogy as I am a frequent customer at a local highly-renowned business whose recipe for a particular item has very recently changed(Wawa’s chicken salad, to be exact).  

Now that you mention it, I have found myself going elsewhere for a quick meal when in the past I would have gladly gone less than a mile away and gotten a chicken salad classic. This is a perfect comparison as with most things in life, there are always multiple options available to satiate your needs/desires.
  • disappointedbyking
    well, I had a few restaurants I liked that I gave up, because they stopped the stuff I liked. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?