New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    edited June 2019
    I ticked the last tile in a row today and I was supposed to get 1 hour of Color Bomb, plus a Striped Lollipop. I got the hour-long buff, but not the Striped Lollipop. This is the first time this has happened to me (not getting a prize). Should I write a Support ticket?
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    @LizzyLemondrop I would start by letting @Xarly know and he can help you with that. You probably won't hear any thing until Monday. I wouldn't let a striped lollipop go by, they are hard to get these days!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    I ticked the last tile in a row today and I was supposed to get 1 hour of Color Bomb, plus a Striped Lollipop. I got the hour-long buff, but not the Striped Lollipop. This is the first time this has happened to me (not getting a prize). Should I write a Support ticket?
    I wouldn’t waste my time; I’ve seen many similar complaints here yet nothing is done to remedy the situation.  My advice to you is not to partake in the Farce until the daily quests return.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    @LizzyLemondrop I would start by letting @Xarly know and he can help you with that. You probably won't hear any thing until Monday. I wouldn't let a striped lollipop go by, they are hard to get these days!
    I initially thought the same, that he would only NOT respond on the weekends, yet he only responded to this thread and the Subpar Squad one once each this week.  He has a lot of questions and comments to respond to...
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3

I think a major problem is players not clicking on the "i" and assuming the game is played like tick tac toe. I was surprised when I completed a diagonal and didn't win.
    I think you are right about this.  I usually try to do two corners for my first two picks.  On my most recent board they happened to be opposite diagonally.  When I just check the board there were two more ticks on it, nicely completing one of the diagonals.  

I think I recall another post about someone thinking a diagonal line would win as well.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    It is silly a diagonal what is 4 in a row aswell does not win.
    Agreed, but those are the rules and they did tell us up front about that one. 
  • TheaPierrot
    TheaPierrot Posts: 25 Level 2
    The restaurant analogy was excellent.  I don't mind that we don't win on the diagonal.

The little "i" doesn't help because people assume it is tic tac toe so don't think they need information. 

I think it would solve 90% of the problems if people just understood that. 

The only square needed on my column right now is "one new level".  If my teammates understood how it works it would be done and I could start a new board.

Someone wrote that their strategy is to wait until someone else starts and then figure it out from there but sometimes the other team mates are completely inactive so you can wait for nothing. 
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3

Someone wrote that their strategy is to wait until someone else starts and then figure it out from there but sometimes the other team mates are completely inactive so you can wait for nothing. 

Yes on the inactive teammate.  But once you see they aren’t completing anything, assume they likely won’t, which I can  usually tell in an hour or two,  you don’t waste a check in the rows they are blocking but rather start somewhere else.  Of course if they are parked on easy stuff and every other row has tasks you can’t complete, the board drags on forever.  I have suggested that they at least let us drop out of a board rather than sit there for a week but the suggestion has so far gone nowhere.
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    Personally, I feel the 2 biggest problems with toffee are the rewards and the 2 tasks limit. When you make it to the highest levels you have to have boosters to pass the levels. Quests taken away and the lack of decent boosters through toffee means you either have to purchase boosters or you’re stuck for weeks at a time. There is no fun in that. 
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    Jami, I think we all agree. Plus the team members blocking the board...

To be clear, the game is not fun anymore. Obviously, King is looking for new players, younger, beginners, and does not care about the old troops.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?