New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Thanks everyone for responding.  Seems like you are all (slightly?) more successful than I have been with Mr. Toffee.  Also sounds like a lot of you are completing the lines with minimal help from your teammates.  That’s might be where I’m going wrong.  Seems every time I think I can complete a board myself, one of my teammates ends up sitting on a tile for several days.  My latest strategy in that regard has been to not start any new tiles/lines and just let them finish it off.
  • Clover_7
    Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    The theory (I believe) is that we can complete several boards in a day/session with the help of teammates, therefore winning prizes faster (sort of). This doesn’t explain why the rewards are so much less, although I think we can work that out!

The reality in my experience @candysodacrusher is that you can complete a board every other day (on your own), unless as frequently seems to be the case, someone blocks you. I can’t say whether this is deliberate or if they don’t understand the concept.

I think I now have a better idea what the studio were hoping to achieve with this feature, but you cannot program for human behaviour or lack of it, Unfortunately, in real game play, with real people, playing at different times of day, maybe even in different time zones it doesn’t work.
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    well, the quests were fine, no one complained. The new feature is meant so that we get fewer boosters and thus buy them. Can they be that naive, really, when thousands of free games are available?
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    MTF is nonsense. It is sooooo satisfying (spot the sarcasm) to make a line of four and be rewarded with a mammoth "stripe for an hour". Level 1800ish - I think by now I am capable of making my own stripe. ONE stripe at the beginning of the game? Well, whoopee! It's so derisory, it's actually insulting. Like your boss offering you a pay rise of £1 per month.

MTF is nonsense. Sometimes you make your final tick as you run out of lives. So, you receive your stupendous reward of "one stripe for an hour" but have to wait 30 minutes to actually play - therefore, the maximum prize is one huge, free, stripe for just two games. Well, whoopee! Time to crack open the champagne.

MTF is nonsense. So often I get the message that my tick will only count when I have connected to the Internet. Duh...if I am not connected to the Internet, how have I managed to even play to earn my tick? 

Soda Squad is nonsense. How long do you get per team? A week? A team of four has to acquire 800 points in a week, when you get a maximum of 3 points for clearing a level, and (I think) 5 points for clearing an entire episode? 200 points per person? Laughable. At level 1800ish, I clear about 1 or 2 levels a day if I am extremely lucky, but often none at all. To make my 200 points (and this does not take into account my 3 "team mates" and their efforts) I need to clear about 60 levels in a week. Well, guess what? Some people have much better things to be doing in their lives than bothering with this tripe. To clear 60 levels I'd have to be chained to my PC for the week, and not bother going to sleep. 800 points? If the developer who came up with that figure had a brain cell, it would die of loneliness. What's the big prize if anyone out there actually DOES manage to get 800 points? Don't tell me....a stripe for an hour? I have been a reluctant part of a Squad for about a month - the most points any of my teams has managed is 124. So, erm, 800??? I'd better hurry and find a needle and thread - my sides just split. Utter garbage.

Forcing players to join "teams" is nonsense. In Saga I have been teamed up with a stranger called Judy for about a year. And not once has either one of us even had the chance to engage with each other or say hi. I can't even message her to tell her I am stuck on a "nightmarishly hard" level and can't help with our challenge - so sometimes it is my fault we just fail and have to restart from scratch. Again, pathetic. Please, do give me an example of a genuine "team" where none of its members can actually interact with one another.

Soda - most levels tell me how many people needed extra moves to complete it. Funny how some "hard" levels inform me that, say, 120,000 people struggled and bought extra moves (all fine and plausible) but then 275,000 bought moves to be able to pass a so-called "regular" level. Clearly, there is a disparity here. The disingenuous thing about this - if King find that only 5,000 people are buying extra moves to pass a level, then they will quickly add blockers, reduce the moves by 20, and make it ridiculously hard to pass, thus increasing the chance that people buy boosters. But, like above, if 275,000 people are stuck on a "regular" level, clearly demonstrating that something is amiss with the level's difficulty, then do King rush and remove blockers or give the player some additional moves to help them? Yup, of course they damn well don't. Not if it means less people fail and so less people buy boosters. King Care often say "we at King are constantly tweaking levels to maintain the fun and challenge." However, they forget to add "but only when it suits us, not you, the player." I have just passed a "regular" level after 40+ attempts, where 266,000 players needed extra moves. And, without wanting to offend any snowflakes, that is simply, dare I say it, stupid. 

• candysodacrusher
    An amazing thing happened after I posted about how long it was taking to earn Mr. Toffee’s rewards.  Finished a board, got a new board and one of my teammates did 2 tasks, I did 2 tasks and we had another reward.  With the next board, I did two, one partner did one, and is now working on the last one which requires 3 stars.  I think that’s how this game is supposed to work.  LOL.  Only disappointment is the striped candy and wrapped candy as rewards.
  • disappointedbyking
    edited July 2019
    Yes, it looks like one of my teammates has understood the idea too! You can only use MTF if you go back to some easier levels. If you stick to your present level, it may take weeks to just create a soft candy, 
    Still, the rewards are much too crappy. To get an hour of play and a striped candy should be an offense. I lost my only hammer because of the game glitch that makes it close sometimes on PC, if you play with the king app. Let us see if they replace it, it is their fault the app does not work, not mine. Last MTF, as said, an hour free play and a striped candy!
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    I am currently playing a board with a single non player parked on a square .  In order to finish a row I have to either use a striped candy (don’t have),  a hand (don’t have), get four stars (I am stuck in an extra hard level) or pass a bubble or frosting (at least four levels ahead).    I may be here for weeks.
  • disappointedbyking
    yes, they did not think it properly. We should be able to send messages to the team members, at least. 
    Pass a new level can be hell, depending on where you are. And once again, as we don't have hands, hammers or even enough lollypops, we are stuck, except for beginners. 
    @Xarly, I think we have pointed out all the weaknesses of MTF. If the rewards were 10 times what they are, it could be okay, but the way it is, it took away the enjoyment I had to play. The squad is even worse.
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    I am currently playing a board with a single non player parked on a square .  In order to finish a row I have to either use a striped candy (don’t have),  a hand (don’t have), get four stars (I am stuck in an extra hard level) or pass a bubble or frosting (at least four levels ahead).    I may be here for weeks.
    Yea be better off playing the fair by ourselves, its obvious the daily missions were taken away because the payoff hurts profits. The people that buy boosters want an easy win and they are playing to that crowd. This is totally unfair to the people that play the game more. I got lucky on my squad and we beat it 3 times in a row(got all 800 points) and as long as we win we stay together.  Even with that I got 350 plus points myself each time, and the other 4 split the remaining 450.
  • candysodacrusher
    Got a new board and after three relatively “easy” boards, this one is horrible.  Every option requires either use of a booster, passing multiple levels to earn one tick, passing specific types of levels, or some combination of the above.  I refuse to do a tile that requires use of a booster as a matter of principle, and I hate the ones that require you to pass a specific type of level, because who knows when you will get one of those.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?