New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Our group isn't doing as well this time. Last time with 3 days left we made the 800 points. This time with 3 days left we aren't  quite at 600. 1 person has scored half of them (not me). I have had some days of not even being able to pass 1 level and couldnt score as much. One person decided this time not to play at all. When the rewards are only 30 minute use it now or lose it boosters this kills the enthusiasm. It would help if we were rewarded for individual performance as well. 
    What would help is if these absurd “team” features were removed from this single-player game entirely and replaced with the daily quests for all players.  @Xarly has been noticeably absent lately and has yet to reply to many players’ concerns about these overwhelmingly poorly-received “team” additions.  
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    Yosca said:
    You can replay old levels. I replay the hard and superhard levels where I had 1 star, mainly the levels 1-1000. I now usually easily get more than 1 star on those levels. And then the new levels on Friday.
      I could but as I understand it the rewards aren't worth the Work. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Ditte said:
    Yosca said:
    You can replay old levels. I replay the hard and superhard levels where I had 1 star, mainly the levels 1-1000. I now usually easily get more than 1 star on those levels. And then the new levels on Friday.
    They are certainly not.  I just got to the second “reward” and it was only a half hour of the chocolate ball and a stripe. What a joke.
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    yes, the rewards are a farce. The whole game has turned into a joke!
  • Dirty_Nurse
    yes, the rewards are a farce. The whole game has turned into a joke!
    Agreed!  Whomever at King came up with the concept of this “team” play should be fired and replaced with someone that actually reviews and cares about the feedback that any of their new features receives.
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    they could tweak it, but the squad is useless and won't ever bring anything. MTF could be greatly improved, but nothing is done. I had a decent team, which got changed, and the new ones quickly blocked the possible lines. Lovely!
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    edited July 2019
    I have also been playing CC Friends. They have a 2 week team event with a similar structure as Soda Squad. Group of 5 with various goals to meet. The final goal is pretty large and will probably require a lot of points from everyone. However, even if the final goal can't be met each person is rewarded for individual performance at various times during the game and the rewards are actually decent! I think Soda Squad should consider something like this.
    That sounds like it would be a huge improvement.  

If the players on these boards are representative of the squads across the game, it sounds like very few squads are managing the 800 points.  

I’m still wondering why the total points was doubled from the prototype that @Xarly originally posted.  The other thing that I can’t figure out is why the first two rewards are at such low point totals in comparison to the final one.  

I’m also wondering what qualifies one as an active player.  While I understand that there is no way to guarantee that an active player will remain active, I currently have two squad mates who are at zero points after 10 days of play. And, out of the 12 people, over 3 squads,  that I’ve been paired with only 3 have surpassed the 160 point benchmark.  To me, that doesn’t indicate that people are doing much interacting with the feature. 
    Just sayin’...
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Ditte said:
    Yosca said:

I did the same thing as @Yosca with my first squad and picked up quite a few points that way.  But, as @Ditte points out, the incentive just isn’t there to do all the work for such little reward, especially when I only have 1 or 2 squad mates helping the cause.

• Dirty_Nurse
    edited July 2019
    I have also been playing CC Friends. They have a 2 week team event with a similar structure as Soda Squad. Group of 5 with various goals to meet. The final goal is pretty large and will probably require a lot of points from everyone. However, even if the final goal can't be met each person is rewarded for individual performance at various times during the game and the rewards are actually decent! I think Soda Squad should consider something like this.
    That sounds like it would be a huge improvement.  

If the players on these boards are representative of the squads across the game, it sounds like very few squads are managing the 800 points.  

I’m still wondering why the total points was doubled from the prototype that @Xarly originally posted.  The other thing that I can’t figure out is why the first two rewards are at such low point totals in comparison to the final one.  

I’m also wondering what qualifies one as an active player.  While I understand that there is no way to guarantee that an active player will remain active, I currently have two squad mates who are at zero points after 10 days of play. And, out of the 12 people, over 3 squads,  that I’ve been paired with only 3 have surpassed the 160 point benchmark.  To me, that doesn’t indicate that people are doing much interacting with the feature. 
    Just sayin’...
    In my case, I have absolutely zero desire to participate in this god-awful feature but am forced to because there is no way to decline it!  For those of you that play vanilla CCS they just added a way to opt out of this fake “team” play, why can’t they do the same here?

I love how @Xarly keeps claiming that their data supports players enjoying this “team” play yet every single venue I have seen where people can give their feedback would suggest just the opposite.  He also claims that the studio is working on fixes yet MTF STILL suffers from basic flaws that have existed since its inception after many thousands of complaints and MONTHS of feedback.  How inept exactly are the programmers at the studio that they cannot remedy basic features of the game?  Unless, of course, they are told not to because it will result in foolish people actually spending money to keep up with the game...
  • Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    How sad is this? I've been stuck with the same soda squad team three times now and I'm still the only person doing 90% of the work.  So now I am currently not playing the game, except to tick my two daily tiles on mtf (which is awful also), so that my soda squad team doesn't make it to 800 and hopefully I get to try a new team? So right now I can't even play this game for more than about 10 minutes a day. ARGH...

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?